GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What video game are you playing?

+38
Jordo
Da lil Guy
22_4_ever
tim1_2
SensHulk
Ev
stempniaksen
LethalLehner
SDH89
sens4win
Number Twenty Nine
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
garblar
Devo
M_Christopher
Amnesia021
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
PKC
Phoenix30
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
smash88
Riprock
wprager
LeCaptain
shabbs
caissie_1
Nasty Nas
Milkman
Mojo
beedub
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
The Silfer Server
SensFan71
42 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

256What video game are you playing? - Page 18 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:03 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bass Destruction wrote:If you even find those too easy, you can also adjust the 'tuner'. Those are the options that affect passing, shot accuracy/power, hitting... I tried 'hardcore' on Pro, and the passing is so difficult, and frustrating.

That's great to know. Thanks Bass.

257What video game are you playing? - Page 18 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:02 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

M_Christopher wrote:
marakh wrote:Anyone got Modern Warfare 2?

sort of, I rented it for xbox.

Heard that the solo was disappointing and very short. Any truth to this?
I don'T have time to play multiplayer, so if the solo is disappointing, I might skip this year's.

258What video game are you playing? - Page 18 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:57 am

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:
marakh wrote:Anyone got Modern Warfare 2?

sort of, I rented it for xbox.

Heard that the solo was disappointing and very short. Any truth to this?
I don'T have time to play multiplayer, so if the solo is disappointing, I might skip this year's.

I enjoyed the solo, I thought it was a good story, and entertaining. I did, however, beat it on Regular difficulty yesterday with a friend. Took us about 7 and 1/2 hours. Albeit, we only picked up 4 of the 45 intelligence computers. There is also this cool Special ops mode, but I found it a lot of fun cause I could do it with my friends on the same PS3. Offline multiplayer is underrated, and a tonne of fun.

Multiplayer is fun, i only played it briefly yesterday, as i spent the rest of the day beating the campaign. Although it seems to be more arcade like than the last one. There are more levels, some huge, some really fun, like one that's all alleyways as you play in the favelas of Rio. There are more customization options this year, more perks, and more killstreak options. I have had trouble connecting this morning though.

259What video game are you playing? - Page 18 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:02 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Interesting...Well, I 'll probably wait for Holiday season or if I find a cheap used version. Still, the solo sounds quite short compared to the 1st MW.

260What video game are you playing? - Page 18 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:27 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:Interesting...Well, I 'll probably wait for Holiday season or if I find a cheap used version. Still, the solo sounds quite short compared to the 1st MW.

The first one wasn't very long either. Although ign.com said they beat the campaign in 4 1/2 hours. But if your intention is just to play single player, then you could just rent it too. And I just checked, some special ops missions you can't do as single player. Only a couple though, so probably 20 ish out of the 25 are doable single player.

261What video game are you playing? - Page 18 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:29 am

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Ok guys,

Xbox 360 or PS3?

Don't know which to get.

262What video game are you playing? - Page 18 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:45 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

THis is an endless argument. At the end of the day, I picked the 360 because I (well, mostly the wife) could not justify dishing out 500+ for the PS3

263What video game are you playing? - Page 18 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

PS3 is 299.00 now though...Does the default 360 come with a blue ray player? That may be my deciding factor.

I know the technical merits of both, but I'm wondering more from a games point of view. The last couple of biggies, COD 4 and AC 2 are released on both platforms. Knowing that a particular group (IE HALO which I'm not impressed with anymore) is released only on one of the platforms, could skew my decision.

264What video game are you playing? - Page 18 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

With the price of the PS3 now, you take the PS3...

They just launched Netflix today too...

The best exclusive games used to be on 360 during the first 3 years. BUt now it is on PS3, but it's just my tastes. May be if you tell me what kind of games you are looking for, I can help you.

Last edited by marakh on Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

265What video game are you playing? - Page 18 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:03 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

marakh wrote:With the price of the PS3 now, you take the PS3...

correct me if I am wrong but don't you need an american address to get a netflix account. I'll check with my niece who is from california and going to school in TO, but I didn't think she could download movies which she was at school because of the cdn ip address.

266What video game are you playing? - Page 18 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Devo wrote:
marakh wrote:With the price of the PS3 now, you take the PS3...

correct me if I am wrong but don't you need an american address to get a netflix account. I'll check with my niece who is from california and going to school in TO, but I didn't think she could download movies which she was at school because of the cdn ip address.

You're right, not available in Canada What video game are you playing? - Page 18 446866

267What video game are you playing? - Page 18 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:19 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

On a side note, Modern Warfare 2 sold 1.3 MIllion in the first day in UK alone What video game are you playing? - Page 18 679331

268What video game are you playing? - Page 18 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:46 pm

marakh wrote:On a side note, Modern Warfare 2 sold 1.3 MIllion in the first day in UK alone What video game are you playing? - Page 18 679331

My living room TV has already been taken over by my boys who've played that game for roughly 20 of the 24 hours they've owned it.....

Now I remember why I bought a Sony for the bedroom. Well, that and as a married man with 3 kids, it was the only way I was getting any action back into the bedroom. What video game are you playing? - Page 18 489887 What video game are you playing? - Page 18 62136

269What video game are you playing? - Page 18 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Devo wrote:Ok guys,

Xbox 360 or PS3?

Don't know which to get.

SNES still beats them both.

These systems will never compare to the SNES and its classic side scrollers. Smile

270What video game are you playing? - Page 18 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:19 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:

Xbox 360 or PS3?

Don't know which to get.

These systems will never compare to the SNES and its classic side scrollers. Smile

I'm still playing Chrono Trigger from time to time, and not one role playing game this GEneration comes even close to the epic-ness of that game What video game are you playing? - Page 18 Icon_wink

271What video game are you playing? - Page 18 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:50 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
marakh wrote:On a side note, Modern Warfare 2 sold 1.3 MIllion in the first day in UK alone What video game are you playing? - Page 18 679331

My living room TV has already been taken over by my boys who've played that game for roughly 20 of the 24 hours they've owned it.....

Now I remember why I bought a Sony for the bedroom. Well, that and as a married man with 3 kids, it was the only way I was getting any action back into the bedroom. What video game are you playing? - Page 18 489887 What video game are you playing? - Page 18 62136

HEYYYYYYY-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

272What video game are you playing? - Page 18 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:56 am

marakh wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Xbox 360 or PS3?

Don't know which to get.

I'm still playing Chrono Trigger from time to time, and not one role playing game this GEneration comes even close to the epic-ness of that game What video game are you playing? - Page 18 Icon_wink

Nice. I recently went through all the FF games, including the 3 that were on NES/SNES that are available on GBA/DS. Ahh the memories....

273What video game are you playing? - Page 18 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:37 pm

garblar

garblar
Rookie
Rookie

Anyone buy borderlands, its pretty fun. Also, if anyone wants a game of nhl10 on xbox add me on live with gamertag: garblar

Last edited by garblar on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum