GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Apple releases new iPhone... lower prices

+2
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

LethalLehner

Sophomore
Sophomore

He didn't have the information yet and he said that Rogers won't release it until Friday morning. I am going to contact the call centre on Friday and see what they are offering. I don't think it will be much but they could at least wave the $35.00 connection fee. 🇬🇬

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

ElliottRules wrote:I am thinking about picking up the new iPhone when they are released. I just spoke to Rogers and they will be having launch days specials. I think I will just bite the bullet and buy one. Plans are pricey but when a company has a monopoly, it is hard to shop around.

They have the $30/6GB per month data plan special. That's one that I know of.

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:
ElliottRules wrote:I am thinking about picking up the new iPhone when they are released. I just spoke to Rogers and they will be having launch days specials. I think I will just bite the bullet and buy one. Plans are pricey but when a company has a monopoly, it is hard to shop around.

They have the $30/6GB per month data plan special. That's one that I know of.

Fido also has the iPhone; I believe the plan is similar though.

I have one already with the $30/6G plan - the most I've ever used is about 1G (and I have no problem handing it to my kids to let them stream YouTube videos [supervised, of course], or to stream music over the net). I think they also have $25/3G and $20/1G tiers, but I don't remember exactly.

The thing about the new one is that it will allow tethering - and they aren't going to restrict it until at least the end of 2009. I think they want to see how much this feature is used before they decide how they will handle it.

I'll probably upgrade my wife's phone to the new iPhone, then see if I can weasel my way into getting the new one myself once I've accumulated enough "spend". Kids will be happy, but our bank account won't.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

The $30/6G plan is is only for the data and then you have to add on the phone, right? I just want the regular phone deal but with unlimited texting. I am actually pretty excited about getting one. Yes...I am a geek. Laughing3

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

ElliottRules wrote:The $30/6G plan is is only for the data and then you have to add on the phone, right? I just want the regular phone deal but with unlimited texting. I am actually pretty excited about getting one. Yes...I am a geek. Laughing3
There's a data plan, a voice plan, an iPhone Essentials plan (texting and visual voice mail) and the monthly access fee. It adds up fast, and you're locked in for three years.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

ElliottRules wrote:The $30/6G plan is is only for the data and then you have to add on the phone, right? I just want the regular phone deal but with unlimited texting. I am actually pretty excited about getting one. Yes...I am a geek. Laughing3

Yeah - the $30 adds to the plan you have already. But before you just accept it, talk to the rep and see if they can find a plan that fits your usage better for cheaper. Every so often I do that, and generally they are able to shave off a few bucks or throw in something for free each time.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I will see what they can do for me on Friday. Good points though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum