GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Apps for the iPhone

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Apps for the iPhone Empty Apps for the iPhone Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:38 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I am picking up an iPhone this week and I was wondering if anyone has some apps that they would recommend. I noticed that the Hockey News app is free.

2Apps for the iPhone Empty Re: Apps for the iPhone Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:39 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

There's a whole list of stuff that could potentially be useful, or good for wasting time, depending on what you are looking for.

If you are looking for specific things, the best thing to do is to identify that, and then it's easier to get specific answers.

Otherwise, set yourself up in a Wi-Fi spot, get some coffee, make sure the phone is charged, and then rifle through the apps section on the phone (I tend to only go through the free ones, but I'm cheap). D/L what you think might be decent, then delete what isn't. Next time you sync, it'll transfer to your computer, and you're all set. I have found that this is easier than using the iTunes store for some reason.

Some suggestions to get you going though:

WeatherEye
SudokuFree - sudoku game
TapDefense - neat little game where you build towers and stuff
Aurora Feint (free version) - another game
FlyCast - streaming radio
Last.fm - more streaming radio
Fring - internet phone and IM and stuff all in one
Backgrounds - can get different backgrounds for the phone (free)
Shazam - can identify a song by holding up the microphone up to the radio
Sportacular or ScoreMobile - quick references for sports scores and news
QuickPedia - quick reference for Wikipedia (good for settling arguments)
TouchCalc - a better calculator

Note that if you jailbreak the phone (and I'm not an advocate of this, nor have I tried this), you can apparently install tons of "paid" apps that you can find on the net. Problem is that it may void the warranty (not convinced of this, though).

Enjoy your new toy!

3Apps for the iPhone Empty Re: Apps for the iPhone Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:22 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

It's a sick phone pal. You'll most definitely enjoy it. I can recommend these free apps:

NowPlaying
displays theatres based on your location, as well as showtimes, reviews, links to trailers, etc. Great resource for moviegoers

AroundMe
Uses your location to track a variety of different things in your area, including restaurants, gas stations, banks, malls, coffee shops, etc. Very useful when in a new city/town

Wikipanion
Wikipedia on your iphone, 'nuff said.

Games- I'd recommend Air Hockey, Vegas Pool, HangMan- I bought the Price is Right, which is sweet, but costs $2. iFishing is also sweet, but again costs a bit of coin.

Enjoy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum