GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Next for the Coyotes?

+19
tim1_2
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
pegsensfan
SensGal
Riprock
SensHulk
strachattack
PTFlea
Tuk Tuk
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
The Silfer Server
asq2
caissie_1
shabbs
wprager
davetherave
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 21]

301What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 21 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:30 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Not only full vs. empty, but they could sell tickets at $100+ average rather than the $25 or so that is charged in Phoenix. Couple of years ago they had a special at the local liquor store -- buy a bottle of vodka and get two complementary tickets to a Coyotes game.

Just checked and I can get 4 tickets to tomorrow's game against the Sharks in section 213, row A for $26 each. Those are on the goal line, though, but you can get section 202 row A (face off circle) for $41 each. And those are not the store coupon deals like the one from the liquor store.
so how the hell can they turn a profit and good ol' melnyk can't? is it all on broadcasting moneys?

Source? Is anyone suggesting that this team is profitable?
I was speaking about the sharks.

I was looking at Coyotes tickets -- the game was against the Sharks (i.e. not a mid-week tilt against the Devils).

302What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 21 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Sat May 25, 2013 6:43 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Rumours of a sale abound...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-nhl-approves-coyotes-sale-to-cdn-group/

"The NHL has approved the sale of the Phoenix Coyotes to a group of Canadian-led investors, but the deal is contingent on reaching a lease agreement with the city of Glendale, two people familiar with the situation told The Associated Press."

Ahhh, that damned lease agreement...

"The NHL agreed to sell the team to Renaissance Sports & Entertainment, a group headed by George Gosbee, Anthony LeBlanc and Daryl Jones, according to the people, who spoke Saturday on condition of anonymity because there had been no official announcement."

303What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 21 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Sat May 25, 2013 6:46 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Make it 8...

304What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 21 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Sat May 25, 2013 9:37 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Rumours of a sale abound...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-nhl-approves-coyotes-sale-to-cdn-group/

"The NHL has approved the sale of the Phoenix Coyotes to a group of Canadian-led investors, but the deal is contingent on reaching a lease agreement with the city of Glendale, two people familiar with the situation told The Associated Press."

Ahhh, that damned lease agreement...

"The NHL agreed to sell the team to Renaissance Sports & Entertainment, a group headed by George Gosbee, Anthony LeBlanc and Daryl Jones, according to the people, who spoke Saturday on condition of anonymity because there had been no official announcement."
i bet this falls thru. Garry B wants Quebec C to buy an expansion team. more money for everyone to go around.

305What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 21 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Sat May 25, 2013 9:53 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If it falls through, chances are it will get moved... so Gary B wants this to stick.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum