GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Next for the Coyotes?

+19
tim1_2
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
pegsensfan
SensGal
Riprock
SensHulk
strachattack
PTFlea
Tuk Tuk
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
The Silfer Server
asq2
caissie_1
shabbs
wprager
davetherave
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 21]

286What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 20 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:29 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Seattle bound?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2013/01/31/bet-on-coyotes-moving-to-seattle-as-sale-to-jamison-falls-apart/
as much as i'd like the yotes to move to QC, the NHL knows that canadian markets will pay expansion prices for a new franchise. my bet on relocation is KC or seattle.

287What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 20 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:53 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Deadline comes and goes...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/jamison-unable-to-meet-lease-agreement-deadline-to-buy-coyotes/article8061499/

Groundhog day.

288What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 20 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:10 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jamison still negotiating with Glendale... looks like they're working on a 12-year deal...

http://www.glendalestar.com/news/article_d8669da2-85ad-11e2-9809-001a4bcf887a.html

289What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 20 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:35 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/04/06/four-nhl-general-managers-in-desperation-mode

League sources say a decision on the future of the Phoenix Coyotes is imminent. While NHL commissioner Gary Bettman leads with an iron fist, his leadership took a hit during the 113-day lockout and I'm told he's getting heat from owners to settle this mess. "In Canada, the fans have been very forgiving," said a league executive. "There are 20 owners in the United States who are sick of writing cheques for $1 million to prop this thing up." The decision that makes the most sense: Relocate to Quebec City and keep the Jackets in the Western Conference until the NHL expands to 32 teams. The league, however, doesn't always do what makes sense, which means the Coyotes will likely be relocated to Seattle ...

290What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 20 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:49 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Donkey rodeo.

291What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 20 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:57 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/04/06/four-nhl-general-managers-in-desperation-mode

League sources say a decision on the future of the Phoenix Coyotes is imminent. While NHL commissioner Gary Bettman leads with an iron fist, his leadership took a hit during the 113-day lockout and I'm told he's getting heat from owners to settle this mess. "In Canada, the fans have been very forgiving," said a league executive. "There are 20 owners in the United States who are sick of writing cheques for $1 million to prop this thing up." The decision that makes the most sense: Relocate to Quebec City and keep the Jackets in the Western Conference until the NHL expands to 32 teams. The league, however, doesn't always do what makes sense, which means the Coyotes will likely be relocated to Seattle ...
where would they play in quebec? le colisee? thats a small arena, i'm not sure how long they have till the new arena is built. besides, quebec will likely pay big$ to have an expansion, seattle? doubtful

292What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 20 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:37 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/04/06/four-nhl-general-managers-in-desperation-mode

where would they play in quebec? le colisee? thats a small arena, i'm not sure how long they have till the new arena is built. besides, quebec will likely pay big$ to have an expansion, seattle? doubtful

So's the MTS Centre. Better to have a full Colisée than to have an empty Internet.com Arena or whatever it's called this week.

293What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 20 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:19 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not only full vs. empty, but they could sell tickets at $100+ average rather than the $25 or so that is charged in Phoenix. Couple of years ago they had a special at the local liquor store -- buy a bottle of vodka and get two complementary tickets to a Coyotes game.

Just checked and I can get 4 tickets to tomorrow's game against the Sharks in section 213, row A for $26 each. Those are on the goal line, though, but you can get section 202 row A (face off circle) for $41 each. And those are not the store coupon deals like the one from the liquor store.

294What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 20 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Not only full vs. empty, but they could sell tickets at $100+ average rather than the $25 or so that is charged in Phoenix. Couple of years ago they had a special at the local liquor store -- buy a bottle of vodka and get two complementary tickets to a Coyotes game.

Just checked and I can get 4 tickets to tomorrow's game against the Sharks in section 213, row A for $26 each. Those are on the goal line, though, but you can get section 202 row A (face off circle) for $41 each. And those are not the store coupon deals like the one from the liquor store.
so how the hell can they turn a profit and good ol' melnyk can't? is it all on broadcasting moneys?

295What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 20 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's all smoke and mirrors...

296What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 20 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:28 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:It's all smoke and mirrors...

You nailed it!!!

297What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 20 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Not only full vs. empty, but they could sell tickets at $100+ average rather than the $25 or so that is charged in Phoenix. Couple of years ago they had a special at the local liquor store -- buy a bottle of vodka and get two complementary tickets to a Coyotes game.

so how the hell can they turn a profit and good ol' melnyk can't? is it all on broadcasting moneys?

Who said they are turning a profit? 20 teams have to pitch in $1M each to prop them up.

298What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 20 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:01 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

Source? Is anyone suggesting that this team is profitable?

299What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 20 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:34 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jerry Moyes would say it is not.

Wink

300What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 20 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:27 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I was speaking about the sharks.

301What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 20 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:30 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I was speaking about the sharks.

I was looking at Coyotes tickets -- the game was against the Sharks (i.e. not a mid-week tilt against the Devils).

302What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 20 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Sat May 25, 2013 6:43 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Rumours of a sale abound...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-nhl-approves-coyotes-sale-to-cdn-group/

"The NHL has approved the sale of the Phoenix Coyotes to a group of Canadian-led investors, but the deal is contingent on reaching a lease agreement with the city of Glendale, two people familiar with the situation told The Associated Press."

Ahhh, that damned lease agreement...

"The NHL agreed to sell the team to Renaissance Sports & Entertainment, a group headed by George Gosbee, Anthony LeBlanc and Daryl Jones, according to the people, who spoke Saturday on condition of anonymity because there had been no official announcement."

303What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 20 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Sat May 25, 2013 6:46 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Make it 8...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum