GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Member 2009 Playoff - Overall Success

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1GM Member 2009 Playoff - Overall Success Empty GM Member 2009 Playoff - Overall Success Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:14 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Vote was a tie with Pittsburgh in 6 games being the most popular choice :00: . It's looking like GM members overall success may drop unless the Pens can mount an incredible comeback.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Vote was a tie with Pittsburgh in 6 games being the most popular choice :00: . It's looking like GM members overall success my drop unless the Pens can mount an incredible comeback.

Huh? Last I checked there were 7 votes for Pittsburgh and 7 for Detroit. You confirmed that the vote was tied. Regardless of who wins the series, the GM Membership will add the same number of correct picks as incorrect ones.

How does Pittsburgh making a come back make any difference?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Vote was a tie with Pittsburgh in 6 games being the most popular choice :00: . It's looking like GM members overall success my drop unless the Pens can mount an incredible comeback.

Huh? Last I checked there were 7 votes for Pittsburgh and 7 for Detroit. You confirmed that the vote was tied. Regardless of who wins the series, the GM Membership will add the same number of correct picks as incorrect ones.

How does Pittsburgh making a come back make any difference?

Well if you followed the other threads I made you'd know Razz .

When the vote is split the choice goes to the most popular vote.

Edit: Interestingly enough it only happened once before and It was the Canes vs. Pittsburgh series with Pittsburgh getting the nod due to the popular choice vote.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So now that the question of the tie breaker has been addressed here is how the GM members have done.

We were 10 - 4 to this point and it looks like we are going to end up 10 - 5. Not bad at all. I think I might put money on our votes next year. Just kidding.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:So now that the question of the tie breaker has been addressed here is how the GM members have done.

We were 10 - 4 to this point and it looks like we are going to end up 10 - 5. Not bad at all. I think I might put money on our votes next year. Just kidding.

You can put money on my votes. I'm 11-3 and unless Detroit loses 4 of the next 5 I will be 12-3. And next year I'm certain to not pick San Jose over a team that stormed into the playoffs firing on all cylinders; also, Chicago now has playoff experience, which was the biggest reason I did not pick them over Vancouver. I think I'd still pick Boston over Carolina, though.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I certainly won't be putting any money on my bets... I've had a horrid record so far... bah.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I am in another pool with some former co-workers. I decided to go "play for bananas" but I believe I would be in for at least a part of the pot if I had ponied up the $10.

Just bragging Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum