GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Look out! Possible Steroid Scandal coming for the Washington Caps!

+5
SensFan71
wprager
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The two monkeys peeing on each other are contaminating each other's samples. *Very* suspicious, if you ask me.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=280107

The suspect(s) claimed to have sold steroids to members of the Washington Capitals. Let the speculation and rumor mongering begin.

Even if it's true, I just hope people are not shocked by this. NHLers are far from above drugs in any form.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=280107

The suspect(s) claimed to have sold steroids to members of the Washington Capitals. Let the speculation and rumor mongering begin.

I am thinking it is probably not just limited to the Caps, but time and the reports will tell.

Could the fleeing Russians be involved?

I certainly hope not, as Feds was a favourite of mine.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:Could the fleeing Russians be involved?

I certainly hope not, as Feds was a favourite of mine.

I am sure that is what a lot of people will be saying, I don't believe with Fedorov though, what would he have to prove by doing that, he is already a winner

Fedorov has been hurt so often for so long and then he comes and plays a full season.... God I hope not. Ahhhhh!

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalsinsider/steriods-dealer-says-he-sold-t.html

A busted drug dealer claims to have sold to both Washington National and Capital players.

The NHL, Caps management, and current and former players are all denying this, as they should. The information is from a highly questionable source.

I have no doubt that some NHL players use PED's. I feel that it is nowhere near what goes on in the NFL or MLB, but I can't believe that 0 out 650 NHL players use PED's. Whether it's 1%, 5%, or 50%, I couldn't say. There has only been one real bust for steroids (former Sen Sean Hill), but you wouldn't think steroids and hockey go hand in hand anyways.

If you want to find the guys that use steroids look down to the AHL and the young 3rd and 4th liners. I know first hand that prospects and young players will do w/e it takes to make it and stick.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'd say the most used drugs in the NHL have to do with pain. These players don't miss a shift with injuries that put baseball players on the DL for 10 days or more.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:I'd say the most used drugs in the NHL have to do with pain. These players don't miss a shift with injuries that put baseball players on the DL for 10 days or more.
Well, c'mon... it's baseball...

Laughing3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum