GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Penguins will win the Cup this time around.

+12
PKC
asq2
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
Sp00nz
PTFlea
SensFan71
wprager
Acrobat
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A little early for this prediction? Well since I'm not involved with any of the remaining teams (Actually not involved with ANY team) I can predict this sort of stuff and not worry about it being bulletin board material.

It's all but official that it'll be a Pens - Wings Final again this season and with the Wings showing they're beaten up it's the Pens time to shine.

Wings - No Lidstrom or at least one playing injured by the Finals, same with Datsyuk.

Pens - Playing stronger each round and with the experience of last season they'll step it up a notch. It also helps that they added a guy like Kunitz to the mix. I'm sure the Pens are playing banged up as well and having Gonchar play hurt is going to make it hard for them but I still give the edge to the Pens.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Injuries will indeed be a factor for any team in the finals. The Pens seem to have survived the best so far and that's a huge factor. It is indeed Detroit/Pens again, I can see the Pens taking it... but we'll see when we get there...

Wink

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Injuries will indeed be a factor for any team in the finals. The Pens seem to have survived the best so far and that's a huge factor. It is indeed Detroit/Pens again, I can see the Pens taking it... but we'll see when we get there...

Wink

Just imagine the look on Hossa's face if the Pens win it this year. Laughing3 Sorry I just couldn't help myself.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Just imagine the look on Hossa's face if the Pens win it this year. Laughing3 Sorry I just couldn't help myself.
It would be hugely ironic if they did.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Just imagine the look on Hossa's face if the Pens win it this year. Laughing3 Sorry I just couldn't help myself.

It would also be RICH JUICEY JUSTICE for the Penguins Organisation cheers .

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

It would also be RICH JUICEY JUSTICE for the Penguins Organisation cheers .
No doubt... the handshake after that would be... interesting... for Hossa.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I gotta say I'd still welcome Hossa back in Ottawa if we could figure out a way to find room for him **cough trade Heatley cough**.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was actually close to getting Hossa put on my Jersey. I obviously waited to see how the contract negotiations turned out and when I had heard the dollar figure I knew his days were numbered. I just didn't realise it would only take minutes before he was moved.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I gotta say I'd still welcome Hossa back in Ottawa if we could figure out a way to find room for him **cough trade Heatley cough**.

I think Havlat may be cheaper next year. I'd take him. Obviously not over Hossa but the pricetags are the considerations here.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I gotta say I'd still welcome Hossa back in Ottawa if we could figure out a way to find room for him **cough trade Heatley cough**.

I think Havlat may be cheaper next year. I'd take him. Obviously not over Hossa but the pricetags are the considerations here.

I'd welcome Havlat back as well but from what DTR has been saying it appears as though he will likely stay in Chicago long term.

- Unknown Author

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

So what is Hossa's value next year if Pittsburgh wins the cup?

You have to think that it drops somewhat - two years in a row he goes to a team and can't help them win (the second, the reigning cup-holder loses to the team he left...)

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think the economics of the market will play a bigger roll personally but I do see your point. I think Hossa gambled for a chance at a Cup and will likely end up taking a further cut in pay if he intends to play for a team with a legitmate shot at a cup again next season.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Finals won't start until June 5. If Detroit wins it in five, then they'll still have 9 days of rest. And with a 3-1 lead they can afford to let Datsyuk and/or Lidstrom take another game off. Chicago is beaten up pretty badly themselves, so there probably won't be too much banging from them in game 5.

I'm not saying I don't think the Pens will take it, I just don't think injuries will play a large part. Rust may, though.

As I was saying in another thread, Detroit has added Hossa since they won the Cup, while the Pens *lost* Hossa. The Pens have the added experience factor going in, plus Fleury wants to prove he belongs in Vancouver in 2010.

I think it will be close and, other than a potentially rusty first game, this should be a heck of a series.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

the thought of Sid the Kid hoisting the cup makes me want to puke, but so does the thought of the Wings winning again, ugh, can we just send both teams home after this round and say no cup this year?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:The Finals won't start until June 5. If Detroit wins it in five, then they'll still have 9 days of rest. And with a 3-1 lead they can afford to let Datsyuk and/or Lidstrom take another game off. Chicago is beaten up pretty badly themselves, so there probably won't be too much banging from them in game 5.

I'm not saying I don't think the Pens will take it, I just don't think injuries will play a large part. Rust may, though.

As I was saying in another thread, Detroit has added Hossa since they won the Cup, while the Pens *lost* Hossa. The Pens have the added experience factor going in, plus Fleury wants to prove he belongs in Vancouver in 2010.

I think it will be close and, other than a potentially rusty first game, this should be a heck of a series.

I think the fact that they're resting them at all suggests they're pretty banged up and even with the rest they'll still be playing hurt. I think the mix of players the Pens have plus the possessed play of both Malkin and Crosby of late gives them the edge. Throw in guys like Kunitz and Guerin and all those factors make up for the loss of Hossa. Hossa has been pretty invisible on the score sheet outside of game 4's in each of the last 3 series' for Detroit as well.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum