GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite Bob Dylan Song

+2
davetherave
The Silfer Server
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Favourite Bob Dylan Song Empty Favourite Bob Dylan Song Fri May 22, 2009 10:43 pm

Forever Young for me. Yes, I'm incredibly bored. Plus I want to look more into his music.

2Favourite Bob Dylan Song Empty Re: Favourite Bob Dylan Song Sat May 23, 2009 12:05 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Mine is definitely the Hurricane. It's the story of Ruben "Hurricane" Carter the boxer who was falsely convicted of murder. The movie with Denzel Washington was good too.

3Favourite Bob Dylan Song Empty Re: Favourite Bob Dylan Song Sat May 23, 2009 5:58 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Best Dylan song: Positively Fourth Street
Best Dylan album: Blonde On Blonde
Best Dylan moment: when he told the folk traditionalists and music critics to get stuffed...and embraced rock and roll at the 1965 Newport Folk Festival.

BTW> The Guy, AKA Freddie Mercury Ron Burgundy, et al:

Is Robert Allen Zimmerman a hockey fan? Or are you just bored?

Cheers.
:drinking:

4Favourite Bob Dylan Song Empty Re: Favourite Bob Dylan Song Sat May 23, 2009 8:15 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bob Dylan's brother taught me to play recorder. Before we came to Canada we spent a year and a half in Rome, waiting to get an entry visa. My sister and I ended up going to the Overseas School of Rome -- a private school populated, mostly, by children of diplomats and ex-pat execs working overseas. And they had a policy for helping out penniless immigrants. Anyhow, Roy Zimmerman was the music teacher, and I had a music class with him. Couldn't afford a guitar, so recorder it was. Several years layer we found out (through a friend) that this guy was Bob Dylan's brother.

And he's still there:
http://www.aosr.org/index.php?page=userpages&path=School_Pages/Faculty_and_Staff
Favourite Bob Dylan Song ST021

As to favorite song, "Shelter from the Storm". Don't know why.

5Favourite Bob Dylan Song Empty Re: Favourite Bob Dylan Song Sat May 23, 2009 5:23 pm

Sara, and Like a Rolling Stone are some other good ones.

6Favourite Bob Dylan Song Empty Re: Favourite Bob Dylan Song Sat May 23, 2009 6:53 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Pretty much anything of the Freewheelin' Bob Dylan, but especially Masters of War and Hard Rain Gonna Fall.

7Favourite Bob Dylan Song Empty Re: Favourite Bob Dylan Song Sat May 23, 2009 7:12 pm

Mojo wrote:Pretty much anything of the Freewheelin' Bob Dylan, but especially Masters of War and Hard Rain Gonna Fall.

Masters of War is awesome.

Has there ever been a better songwriter than Dylan? Maybe Willie, but there's just about no competition.

8Favourite Bob Dylan Song Empty Re: Favourite Bob Dylan Song Sat May 23, 2009 7:23 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Excellent topic, Tukker... Cheers

9Favourite Bob Dylan Song Empty Re: Favourite Bob Dylan Song Sat May 23, 2009 7:26 pm

davetherave wrote:Excellent topic, Tukker... Cheers

Where you even here when my name was tukker? Sarcasm

10Favourite Bob Dylan Song Empty Re: Favourite Bob Dylan Song Sat May 23, 2009 7:38 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:

Indeed...I observed the debate over your change of identity...

Sorta like Robert Allen Zimmerman to Bob Dylan... Wink

11Favourite Bob Dylan Song Empty Re: Favourite Bob Dylan Song Sat May 23, 2009 7:45 pm

davetherave wrote:

Haha, TGWTM is just a better name. plus i get to put awesome avatars, like Freddy. Smile

12Favourite Bob Dylan Song Empty Re: Favourite Bob Dylan Song Sat May 23, 2009 9:12 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:

Haha, TGWTM is just a better name. plus i get to put awesome avatars, like Freddy. Smile

Agreed...and your avatars are most definitely excellent!
cool)

13Favourite Bob Dylan Song Empty Re: Favourite Bob Dylan Song Sun May 24, 2009 3:19 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Mojo wrote:Pretty much anything of the Freewheelin' Bob Dylan, but especially Masters of War and Hard Rain Gonna Fall.

Masters of War is awesome.

Has there ever been a better songwriter than Dylan? Maybe Willie, but there's just about no competition.

I think Neil Young and Bob Dylan are on equal footing. Songs like Southern Man and Old Man are absolute masterpieces.

14Favourite Bob Dylan Song Empty Re: Favourite Bob Dylan Song Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Don't Think Twice, It's Alright. Smile

15Favourite Bob Dylan Song Empty Re: Favourite Bob Dylan Song Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:24 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

It was made famous by Jimi Hedrix but All Along The Watchtower is one of his better songs imo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum