GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dallas Stars Going Bankrupt?

+2
PTFlea
davetherave
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Dallas Stars Going Bankrupt? - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Stars Going Bankrupt? Fri May 29, 2009 10:45 am

Makes me all the more thankful we have Melnyk vs. Bryden...

17Dallas Stars Going Bankrupt? - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Stars Going Bankrupt? Fri May 29, 2009 11:06 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

it's clear who's to blame for this whole debacle, as per this part of the article.

he purchased the Rangers from George W. Bush's group and Hicks created a stir in December 2000 when the Rangers signed Alex Rodriguez to a $252 million, 10-year contract

okay yeah that is an exaggeration, but wow, that was a huge over extension of money there for a player, does the purchase of Liverpool have anything to play into this as well or is it just the Rangers/Stars in trouble? I sincerely hope they won't move, Dallas is a good hockey market.

18Dallas Stars Going Bankrupt? - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Stars Going Bankrupt? Fri May 29, 2009 11:16 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensFan71 wrote:it's clear who's to blame for this whole debacle, as per this part of the article.

he purchased the Rangers from George W. Bush's group and Hicks created a stir in December 2000 when the Rangers signed Alex Rodriguez to a $252 million, 10-year contract

okay yeah that is an exaggeration, but wow, that was a huge over extension of money there for a player, does the purchase of Liverpool have anything to play into this as well or is it just the Rangers/Stars in trouble? I sincerely hope they won't move, Dallas is a good hockey market.
The purchase of Liverpool certainly does factor in as they borrowed $500 MILLION to purchase the club and are now trying to re-negotiate that loan as it's killing them.

19Dallas Stars Going Bankrupt? - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Stars Going Bankrupt? Fri May 29, 2009 11:30 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hicks' reluctance to sell the Stars could be interpreted as a recognition that the potential for growth in value is too good to walk away from. Or that he simply cannot get the money that the Texas Rangers would fetch.

This article was posted on TSN and the first comment was something along the lines of "don't any of these guys have their OWN money?". I wholeheartedly agree.

20Dallas Stars Going Bankrupt? - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Stars Going Bankrupt? Fri May 29, 2009 11:36 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:This article was posted on TSN and the first comment was something along the lines of "don't any of these guys have their OWN money?". I wholeheartedly agree.
That's why they're still millionaires... they use other people's money to make money...

:^^^^:

21Dallas Stars Going Bankrupt? - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Stars Going Bankrupt? Fri May 29, 2009 11:45 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

well as Bill Gates said on one very funny Simpon's episode. I didn't get rich by writing lots of cheques. Buy him out boys.

and so ended Compuglobalhypermeganet Laughing3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum