GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rogers to charge for incoming text messages

+5
wprager
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
shabbs
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I see they finally fell in line with the others...

http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/629597

At least they provide a way to get a credit for spam text messages.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:I see they finally fell in line with the others...

http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/629597

At least they provide a way to get a credit for spam text messages.

just another reason I will never have a cell phone, overgouging at every turn, sheesh, besides, since its not a work necessity, I like being unreachable at times. Yes it's nice if anything happens while you are travelling and such, that much I agree about, but in terms of 911, and I don't think many cell companies like this getting out, but a deactivated cell phone will always be able to connect to 911, I have never tested it of course, but I have it on good authority from the paramedics I know.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I disabled text on my phone. All I get is free ones direct from Telus. I don't text and no one ever texted me except spammers.

- Unknown Author

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Emergency numbers can be called from any phone regardless of the status of the plan on the phone.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I disabled text on my phone. All I get is free ones direct from Telus. I don't text and no one ever texted me except spammers.

I don't see the appeal to texting honestly, you have a phone to talk, not type, that's what pc's are for, but its popular with the kids, I see all the teens with their cell phones texting away, wasting mom and dad's money.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I disabled text on my phone. All I get is free ones direct from Telus. I don't text and no one ever texted me except spammers.

I don't see the appeal to texting honestly, you have a phone to talk, not type, that's what pc's are for, but its popular with the kids, I see all the teens with their cell phones texting away, wasting mom and dad's money.

Unlimited texting: $11
Unlimited calling: $100

Which looks more appealing to you?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Unlimited texting: $11
Unlimited calling: $100

Which looks more appealing to you?

Are you kidding me, $100 for unlimited calling? dang that is highway robbery. texting it is then.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
Are you kidding me, $100 for unlimited calling? dang that is highway robbery. texting it is then.

Yeah, because you have to get unlimited incoming AND unlimited outgoing to talk as much as you want.

Cell phone plans in Canada are a ripoff, Diddle monopoly on cell airwaves is ridiculous.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Yeah, because you have to get unlimited incoming AND unlimited outgoing to talk as much as you want.

Cell phone plans in Canada are a ripoff, Diddle monopoly on cell airwaves is ridiculous.

I am so dreading my little guy becoming a teenager, and he will want a cell phone because all the other kids have it, sheesh, talk about a money train leaving the station.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well the approach I plan on taking is a Cell phone is a privelege not a right and is to be used when needed and in order for them to keep in contact with us. I also plan on disabling text. If my child abuses the privelege their will be consequences. If it continues they lose the phone.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Texting is the rage with the kids these days. It truly is unbelievable. My niece is texting all day every day... when she's over... it's head down on the phone and that thing is buzzing non-stop. They send 1000's of text messages a month easily to each other. It's total madness.

I can see the appeal and I send a few myself if I want to get a quick message out or something, but man, the kids have taken it to a whole new level.

Pay-as-you-go seems to be a nice way to keep control on it and then have your kids earn $ to put on the phone. If they don't earn $, they don't load the phone up and can't use it.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Texting is the rage with the kids these days. It truly is unbelievable. My niece is texting all day every day... when she's over... it's head down on the phone and that thing is buzzing non-stop. They send 1000's of text messages a month easily to each other. It's total madness.

I can see the appeal and I send a few myself if I want to get a quick message out or something, but man, the kids have taken it to a whole new level.

Pay-as-you-go seems to be a nice way to keep control on it and then have your kids earn $ to put on the phone. If they don't earn $, they don't load the phone up and can't use it.

That's a good way of doing it. I'm sure by the time my Daughter has an interested in this type of thing there will be a whole new thing to worry about. I would be surprised if Texting wasn't ancient history by then. She's only 7 and a half months now.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, by then, we'll have a whole different set of tech things to worry about.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Yeah, by then, we'll have a whole different set of tech things to worry about.

yeah like that gmhockey.com, word is that will be the next big thing for years to come, kids get into the darndest things Laughing3

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm sure by the time your daughter is 16 they will have directed telepathy (you know, telepathically contact a specific person -- no equipment, just brain waves).

And I'm just as sure that Rogers will have a plan for that, too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum