GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League

+3
Amnesia021
wprager
PKC
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Empty Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:09 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I didn't know where else to put this, so I figured the fantasy section would do.
So, I've gone ahead a set up a Fantasy hockey league with Yahoo! for 20 members of GM Central Hockey.
Setting Value
League ID#: 3681
League Name: GM Central Hockey
Password: montagoose
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sun Sep 28 7:00pm EDT

[ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 20
Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 1
Trade End Date:
March 5, 2009

Waiver Time: 1 day
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Games Played: 82
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Monday, Sep 29
Roster Positions: C, C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR
Stat Categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

If you would like to join, please take a look at the following information. Only the first 20 members get in. If there is enough interest from other members, I can help setup another league to mimic this one.

Cheers guys.

2Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Empty Re: Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:27 pm

Joined.
Is the draft set to auto if i can't make it?

3Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Empty Re: Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:24 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

furiousgreg wrote:Joined.
Is the draft set to auto if i can't make it?

Yes it is. Welcome aboard. I started it now so that people who figured they couldn't make the live draft will have time to set their auto-picks with plenty of time.

4Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Empty Re: Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:18 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Also guys, if you have any comments or concerns regarding the setup of the league please mention them here. I can make changes to the scoring system, etc...anytime before the draft, so speak up if you'd like something changed and others would too.

5Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Empty Re: Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:Also guys, if you have any comments or concerns regarding the setup of the league please mention them here. I can make changes to the scoring system, etc...anytime before the draft, so speak up if you'd like something changed and others would too.

I'm in. Of course I'll probably have to use the auto-draft system.

6Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Empty Re: Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:35 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

rotisarre (sp) style should be interesting. I've never played that way before... is it the best in each stat category throughout the year? if so, if you trade a player, do you get to keep what points you've accumulated with that player? or do those get whiped out for the guy you traded for... ie you trade radek bonk for malkin at the end of the year and go from dead last to first..

7Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Empty Re: Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:47 pm

KaBoominator

KaBoominator
Prospect
Prospect

Amnesia021 wrote:rotisarre (sp) style should be interesting. I've never played that way before... is it the best in each stat category throughout the year? if so, if you trade a player, do you get to keep what points you've accumulated with that player? or do those get whiped out for the guy you traded for... ie you trade radek bonk for malkin at the end of the year and go from dead last to first..

No, you keep all your existing points no matter what. The scoring is like this, If you have say 8 stat categories with 10 teams in the league, your points are awarded based on your standing in that specific point category out of a possible 10 points. So if you have say 200 goals and are in first place in teh goal category and another team has 2(last place) you would hold the 10 possible points and the other guy would have just one point. Of course this is changing all season long hence rotisserie. this happens for all stat categorys and your point totals for each cat are summed to give your overall point standings.

8Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Empty Re: Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:54 pm

KaBoominator

KaBoominator
Prospect
Prospect

one possible suggestion from me, is maybe capping the max moves made in a season. From past experience when a GM "cycles" it seems to take away some of the sportsmanship. By limiting the amount of moves made GM's are a little more carefeful in there pickups and drops. I love making alot of moves but there is a limit within reason. We have been using 50 or 60 moves for last three years and only a few GM's have ever come close to that limit. I know the Max games played is also in there too but the two do work together. That is just my opinion. Also, the Can't cut list can be a little ridiculous as it isnt updated too frequently. So if a player just all of a sudden stinks or gets a long term injury and is on the list you can't drop him.

9Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Empty Re: Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:54 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

WhamBamCam wrote:
Amnesia021 wrote:rotisarre (sp) style should be interesting. I've never played that way before... is it the best in each stat category throughout the year? if so, if you trade a player, do you get to keep what points you've accumulated with that player? or do those get whiped out for the guy you traded for... ie you trade radek bonk for malkin at the end of the year and go from dead last to first..

No, you keep all your existing points no matter what. The scoring is like this, If you have say 8 stat categories with 10 teams in the league, your points are awarded based on your standing in that specific point category out of a possible 10 points. So if you have say 200 goals and are in first place in teh goal category and another team has 2(last place) you would hold the 10 possible points and the other guy would have just one point. Of course this is changing all season long hence rotisserie. this happens for all stat categorys and your point totals for each cat are summed to give your overall point standings.

Exactly. I favored this way over the H2H league because it allows more of an opportunity for competition to remain close in my opinion. Small slumps won't hurt you as much in rotisserie as it would in H2H, so I went with this one. If you guys want stat categories added or removed, just mention it, I still have plenty of time to change it.

10Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Empty Re: Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Never done rotisserie before. Should be, umm, educational. Also never done trades before. That might be problematic.

11Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Empty Re: Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:08 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Never done rotisserie before. Should be, umm, educational. Also never done trades before. That might be problematic.

I don't foresee too many trades to be honest, although I'm sure quite a few will be proposed. Rotisserie will be fun, it'll keep people competitive even if their guys have a rough week or whatever.

12Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Empty Re: Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:21 pm

Logman

Prospect
Prospect

PKC wrote:
wprager wrote:Never done rotisserie before. Should be, umm, educational. Also never done trades before. That might be problematic.

I don't foresee too many trades to be honest, although I'm sure quite a few will be proposed. Rotisserie will be fun, it'll keep people competitive even if their guys have a rough week or whatever.

Rotisserie is actually the easier fantasy league type to drop people out of competition pretty quickly.

13Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Empty Re: Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:46 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Not that it's my league, but I am used to and prefer Points Only, seein gas how it is pretty understandable and you're rewarded for how well your individual players do and not your team as a whole.

14Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Empty Re: Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:18 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Hey guys, season's starting soon, just reminding everyone that there are still spots available in the league, not quite sure how many. And, also reminding those who have made a team to remember to configure their auto-picks if they are unable to attend the live draft.
Cheers,
PKC

15Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Empty Re: Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:23 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:I didn't know where else to put this, so I figured the fantasy section would do.
So, I've gone ahead a set up a Fantasy hockey league with Yahoo! for 20 members of GM Central Hockey.
Setting Value
League ID#:3681
League Name:GM Central Hockey
Password:montagoose
Draft Type:Live Draft
Draft Time:Sun Sep 28 7:00pm EDT

[ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams:20
Scoring Type:Rotisserie
Max Moves:No maximum
Max Trades:No maximum
Trade Reject Time:1
Trade End Date:
March 5, 2009

Waiver Time:1 day
Can't Cut List Provider:Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review:League Votes
Post Draft Players:Follow Waiver Rules
Max Games Played:82
Weekly Deadline:Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on:Monday, Sep 29
Roster Positions:C, C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR
Stat Categories:G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

If you would like to join, please take a look at the following information. Only the first 20 members get in. If there is enough interest from other members, I can help setup another league to mimic this one.

Cheers guys.

I'm signed up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum