GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares

+2
LeCaptain
dennycrane
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares Empty Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:51 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Kidnap, I mean draft.

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/620613

I do agree that Burke could get to the #2 pick fairly easily. They would have to pay more than what the article suggests, but it's not hard to envision the Leafs getting to Hedman.

Now IF NYI values Hedman over Tavares, they would trade down and collect a king's ransom from the Leafs.

2Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares Empty Re: Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:58 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Tavares is not a pu$$y, he will go to whatever team drafts him.

3Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares Empty Re: Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:59 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:Kidnap, I mean draft.

I do agree that Burke could get to the #2 pick fairly easily. They would have to pay more than what the article suggests, but it's not hard to envision the Leafs getting to Hedman.

Now IF NYI values Hedman over Tavares, they would trade down and collect a king's ransom from the Leafs.

the arrogant smug SOB, the worse thing is I could see him theoretically pulling this off, the Toronto media will hail him as a genius, then we will have to deal with delusional Toronto fans as well as those ole,ole chanting buttheads from Montreal.

4Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares Empty Re: Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:02 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:

the arrogant smug SOB, the worse thing is I could see him theoretically pulling this off, the Toronto media will hail him as a genius, then we will have to deal with delusional Toronto fans as well as those ole,ole chanting buttheads from Montreal.

Until Nazem kadri wins a cup with the Sens whie Tavares is still waiting for wingers to play with.

5Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares Empty Re: Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:33 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Until Nazem kadri wins a cup with the Sens whie Tavares is still waiting for wingers to play with.

then, and only then, will I let the hostility subside Laughing3

6Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares Empty Re: Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:03 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Damian Cox is a clown!!!!!! When he said that nobody wants the enormous contract of Vinny Lecavalier, he lost a lot of credibility from me. It's true that a lot of teams wouldn't be able to handle that contract, but I guarantee if the price was right, Montreal would take him in a heart beat, same with Toronto, and most any other team that has the ability to spend near the cap limit.

I'm also a big fan of his suggestion of Malone and TB 1st for Grabovski and Toronto's 1st... That's an absolute joke of a trade. Grabovski is a RFA and will be looking for a significant raise after amassing 48 points this past season. And I highly doubt he would be able to repeat such a sesaon if he were playing on TB.

Damien Cox, it's time to say no to coke.

7Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares Empty Re: Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:12 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:Damian Cox is a clown!!!!!! When he said that nobody wants the enormous contract of Vinny Lecavalier, he lost a lot of credibility from me. It's true that a lot of teams wouldn't be able to handle that contract, but I guarantee if the price was right, Montreal would take him in a heart beat, same with Toronto, and most any other team that has the ability to spend near the cap limit.

I'm also a big fan of his suggestion of Malone and TB 1st for Grabovski and Toronto's 1st... That's an absolute joke of a trade. Grabovski is a RFA and will be looking for a significant raise after amassing 48 points this past season. And I highly doubt he would be able to repeat such a sesaon if he were playing on TB.

Damien Cox...Rock Star. Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3

8Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares Empty Re: Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This theatre of the absurd is just beginning. Hope you have lots of popcorn.

9Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares Empty Re: Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:05 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The whole Toronto hockey media scene is Theater of the Absurd.

:^^^:

10Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares Empty Re: Burke's Plot to Kidnap Tavares Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:26 pm

Bass Destruction wrote:Damian Cox is a clown!!!!!! When he said that nobody wants the enormous contract of Vinny Lecavalier, he lost a lot of credibility from me. It's true that a lot of teams wouldn't be able to handle that contract, but I guarantee if the price was right, Montreal would take him in a heart beat, same with Toronto, and most any other team that has the ability to spend near the cap limit.

Malone's father works in the TBay org. so I wouldn't expect he'd be going anywhere...

Imo any trade between the two teams involves Kubina (or Kaberle, but I believe Burke when he says he wants to keep him) and Toronto's first...

A potential trade could be Kubina, 1st, 2nd (BUF) for Ranger and the 2nd overall.

Under normal circumstances I'd say thats a crazy trade to make, but the management in Tampa can't really do anything to surprise me, at this point...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum