GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Life on "Vacation"

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Life on "Vacation" Empty Life on "Vacation" Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:01 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I haven't been on here in quite a while because I've been off work and don't return until the 23rd. I was thinking before I went on vacation how much I would enjoy not being at work and how much I'd enjoy those extra couple hours of sleep. Well as any Dad knows that ain't how it works. The first few days were helping my Wife enjoy some time off from caring for our little girl all morning and afternoon. Things have also gotten unsettled in her sleep patterns so extra sleep didn't come until recently. She's back up to 10 hours a night but naps are still difficult to get consistency with.

I really wanted in on that playoff pool but thems the breaks. I am still getting more sleep than I did while working and I'm definitely much happier to be at home over being at work right now. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job but I needed a break from it and I needed a break from 5 to 6 hours sleep per night. Believe me I know some people can sustain themselves on that or even less but I'm certainly not one of them. A sleep deprived Cap'n Clutch becomes like this guy - Tantrum .

I look forward to getting back to regular posting when I'm back at work but I'm not in a hurry to get back to work either. I'll try to be on here a little more in the mean time but if not you can always PM me if you need anything because I try to at least check the site once a day.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

2Life on "Vacation" Empty Re: Life on "Vacation" Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n, you've got one? I've got four. There are things I could tell you that nobody in their right mind should know.

BTW, you're still welcome in the bracket pool. Just send me your picks (winning team, number of games) for the first round. You get to pick each round.

3Life on "Vacation" Empty Re: Life on "Vacation" Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:33 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Cap'n, you've got one? I've got four. There are things I could tell you that nobody in their right mind should know.

BTW, you're still welcome in the bracket pool. Just send me your picks (winning team, number of games) for the first round. You get to pick each round.

Dude 4 eh? I'm the youngest of 5 and when I was little I wanted to have a big family. I've always wanted kids. This is our first of probably 2 or 3. I have to say that the sleep deprivation that we went through in the first couple weeks is not something I look forward to for the next one and I'm actually scared of having one that takes longer than our first to enjoy a good overnight sleep. Ahhhhh! Scared

- Unknown Author

4Life on "Vacation" Empty Re: Life on "Vacation" Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:58 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nature uses selective amnesia to ensure the perpetuation of the species. What I mean is that you'll soon forget the feeling of utter helplessness you get at 4AM when you're 2 hours from getting up for work and the baby has not stopped crying for the past 3 hours.

5Life on "Vacation" Empty Re: Life on "Vacation" Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:09 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Haven't had to deal with too much perpetual crying thankfully although the first two weeks it seemed like all she did was Eat, Sleep, Cry & repeat LOL. No Colic (sp) thank goodness.

Edit: How could I forget Poop and Pee of course.

- Unknown Author

6Life on "Vacation" Empty Re: Life on "Vacation" Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:19 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Haven't had to deal with too much perpetual crying thankfully although the first two weeks it seemed like all she did was Eat, Sleep, Cry & repeat LOL. No Colic (sp) thank goodness.

Edit: How could I forget Poop and Pee of course.

I was about to correct you, then noticed the "Edit" Smile Our second had colic. It sucks, plain and simple.

7Life on "Vacation" Empty Re: Life on "Vacation" Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:57 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah that kind of worries me because our Daughter has been pretty good and I'm afraid our next one will be a handful and colic scares me for sure.

- Unknown Author

8Life on "Vacation" Empty Re: Life on "Vacation" Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

You also haven't had the pleasure of having a boy pee while you are changing their diaper.

While you are wearing a suit and tie. Facepalm

Four boys, and I don't regret a thing. Don't remember much due to the sleep deprivation, but all is good.

Don't worry about the little things that might pop up (colic, sleepless nights, etc), just think about the time you will spend with two, three, or more kids as the family grows.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum