GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yashin to get a shot with the Sens

+3
shabbs
Mojo
wprager
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yashin to get a shot with the Sens Empty Yashin to get a shot with the Sens Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:56 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just heard it on TGOR this morning. Yashin will apparently suit up for the last 5 games as an audition of sorts (do they finish on the road? it may mean he's not going to play in any home games). $1.5M next year was the figure mentioned. If nothing else, it would put fannies in the seats as I'm sure a few people don't think they got their money's worth (of booing) last time around.

What are your thoughts? Personally, I don't mind it at all. He's 35, still got some game left (had almost a PPG season in Jaroslavl -- they don't count secondary assists in the KHL), wouldn't cost much (no picks). One can only hope he has matured. Not too many players left on the Sens that would remember him (Alfie, Phillips, Beuhler?), a clean slate with the coach. Not so with the fans. Ooh, boy, this could get interesting.

2Yashin to get a shot with the Sens Empty Re: Yashin to get a shot with the Sens Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:27 am

April Fools Shrug

3Yashin to get a shot with the Sens Empty Re: Yashin to get a shot with the Sens Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:56 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

The Islanders' blogger on HB did a similar bit last year saying that Yashin would re-sign with them after they had already bought hi out. Unfortunately for Sens fans, most of this season has looked like an April Fool's joke.

4Yashin to get a shot with the Sens Empty Re: Yashin to get a shot with the Sens Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:00 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I don't recall seeing Yashin in the waiver wire... cuz he'd have to clear waivers first...

Nice April Fool's Joke though. Heh heh.

And Mojo's right - the whole season has seemed like one big April Fool's joke.

Sigh...

5Yashin to get a shot with the Sens Empty Re: Yashin to get a shot with the Sens Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:16 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They got me good. The clips of Murray and Yashin were a nie touch. I didn't hear the full "story" early on but later in the car when they said he'd get paid $100K per game in the last 5 and then, at the club's option, $1.5M for next season -- that's when I said uh-oh. But it was too late.

I'll take two minutes by myself, you know, and feel shame, you know.

6Yashin to get a shot with the Sens Empty Re: Yashin to get a shot with the Sens Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:03 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:They got me good. The clips of Murray and Yashin were a nie touch. I didn't hear the full "story" early on but later in the car when they said he'd get paid $100K per game in the last 5 and then, at the club's option, $1.5M for next season -- that's when I said uh-oh. But it was too late.

I'll take two minutes by myself, you know, and feel shame, you know.

It was bad enough that you posted a topic detailing the situation but you went on to bring it up in 2 or 3 other topics as well. Poor little Pragues. :@:

- Unknown Author

7Yashin to get a shot with the Sens Empty Re: Yashin to get a shot with the Sens Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:30 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laughing3 Pragues! You rule man, that's hilarious. Ahhhhh!

8Yashin to get a shot with the Sens Empty Re: Yashin to get a shot with the Sens Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:02 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Haha nice one....

9Yashin to get a shot with the Sens Empty Re: Yashin to get a shot with the Sens Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:34 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Just heard it on TGOR this morning. Yashin will apparently suit up for the last 5 games as an audition of sorts (do they finish on the road? it may mean he's not going to play in any home games). $1.5M next year was the figure mentioned. If nothing else, it would put fannies in the seats as I'm sure a few people don't think they got their money's worth (of booing) last time around.

What are your thoughts? Personally, I don't mind it at all. He's 35, still got some game left (had almost a PPG season in Jaroslavl -- they don't count secondary assists in the KHL), wouldn't cost much (no picks). One can only hope he has matured. Not too many players left on the Sens that would remember him (Alfie, Phillips, Beuhler?), a clean slate with the coach. Not so with the fans. Ooh, boy, this could get interesting.

Does Carol Alt come with the package?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum