GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Things that make you realise there's more to life than Hockey.

+5
wprager
shabbs
SensFan71
pgood
Cap'n Clutch
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey guys,

I thought since the Sens are just waiting for the math to catch up to them I'd post something non Hockey related that really brings you back to the important things in life IMHO.

My Daughter is just over 6 months old, my first, and she was being crusty at a friends place who's son was celebrating his 5th Birthday. I brought her over to see one of the balloons and played with it in front of her. I've never seen her giggle like that. She's laughed, smiled and giggled before but nothing like this and I just had to share.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Hey guys,

I thought since the Sens are just waiting for the math to catch up to them I'd post something non Hockey related that really brings you back to the important things in life IMHO.

My Daughter is just over 6 months old, my first, and she was being crusty at a friends place who's son was celebrating his 5th Birthday. I brought her over to see one of the balloons and played with it in front of her. I've never seen her giggle like that. She's laughed, smiled and giggled before but nothing like this and I just had to share.

Things like that really are the most important moments in life.

Stanley Cups and the like are nice... but nothing really gives you the feeling quite like what you were talking about. Not having kids myself, I can't say this from experience. But still being young and knowing many guys who have relatively recently had kids of their own, all they talk about now how is how important their kids are to them, and how happy they are to have them.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Hey guys,

no matter how bad your day is going, a story like that just makes all the stress/problems go away, thanks for sharing Clutch Smile

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No matter how bad of a day I'm having... coming home to my daughter and having her run up to hug me makes it all melt away and forget whatever is ailing me. It's unbelievable how they can make all your worries go away with a simple hug, smile, giggle or "I love you, Daddy".

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Coming home after supper on a Friday evening, tired and fed up after 45 minutes on a bus, I turn the corner of my street to have my twin girls yell "Daddy!" and run to meet me. Now that's a hero's welcome.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Coming home after supper on a Friday evening, tired and fed up after 45 minutes on a bus, I turn the corner of my street to have my twin girls yell "Daddy!" and run to meet me. Now that's a hero's welcome.

no matter how rought you day has been, I agree, something like that would definitely pick your spirits up and remind yourself of why you do the daily grind Smile

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My Daughter has yet to say her first word but I still melt when I hear her babbling da da da da.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laying in bed on a Saturday morning and hearing our beautiful black cat King coming up the stairs - meowing to announce his arrival - and having him jump up on the bed and curl up on our stomachs.

Although not a son, we treat the little furry monkey like one.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Laying in bed on a Saturday morning and hearing our beautiful black cat King coming up the stairs - meowing to announce his arrival - and having him jump up on the bed and curl up on our stomachs.

Although not a son, we treat the little furry monkey like one.

pets can be kids too heater, so can understand what you are saying when it comes to your furry monkey lol.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I love our little King, he's the best cat in the world (to us anyway) Now, I must admit, reading about your kids, that I am truly looking forward to the day where we have some of our own. I know that it is extremely difficult to explain what it is to have children, but when I see my nieces and nephew, they make my heart melt with happiness. Kids are amazing, innocent creatures. It's refreshing to have kids in your life and to see them experience things for the first time, with the look of awe and curiosity, it really is a beautiful thing.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My Wife still loves Cats and Kittens more than babies in general but our Baby is loved more than any Cat or Kitten of course.

As for Cats being part of the family, we continue to refer to the cats we have as our baby's brothers and sisters.

Edit: We're going to have to stop that soon or we'll have one screwed up little girl :D

- Unknown Author

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Having a baby makes you feel like you have achieved an important thing in life. 100 Stanley cup cannot match that. I dont even have a baby (Im still very young though), but I know that.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have to say that having what they call the millionaire's family (one boy and one girl) is definitely a handful and yet so wonderful and euphoric!

I have to 2nd Shabbs' comments, as I've come home from work just beat and sometimes grouchy or despondent and yet, the minute I open the front door and I hear my little guy yelling DADA! DADA! and he comes running and hugs my knees full force, I assure you, there's no better feeling in the world.

My daughter, who will be 3 months on the 10th, is cooing and gurgling and giggling so much now too that I've now realized that if there is a god or heaven, hearing such an innocent giggle or chirp is about as close to divine music my human ears will ever experience.

Yeah, I'd love to see my beloved Sens win and hoist Lord Stanley's mug; but seeing ny children grow up and all the crazy things they'll do in between is hands down the most important and rewarding experiences for me.

Although, a close 2nd would be holding my two children while watching the Sens, with a 3 goal lead in the SCF game #7, run down the clock with 20 secs left... That would be FREAKIN' SWEET!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum