GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gerber finally snaps!!!

+5
PTFlea
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
Mojo
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Gerber finally snaps!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:21 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gerber can face up to 10 games for this suspension. But I bet he'll only get the mininum 3.

17Gerber finally snaps!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:26 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Gerber can face up to 10 games for this suspension. But I bet he'll only get the mininum 3.

I'm pretty sure it won't be more than that. He's lucky he didn't punch the ref, cause it sure as hell looked like he wanted to.

He doesn't have a history at all, so I don't think it'll go over the 3 games.

Maybe this will be a blessing for us and they'll lose their next 3. What a twist of fate that would be.

18Gerber finally snaps!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:29 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Gerber was pushed into the net during a scramble. It looked like it was by a stick from a Caps player - like he got speared and then he lost it on the ref, ended up firing a puck at the ref and was ejected.

Automatic 3-game suspension.

From what I saw on the YouTube video it looked like Gerber got speared right in the family jewels...ouch.

19Gerber finally snaps!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:15 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

3 games:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/03/25/leafs_gerber_suspension/

20Gerber finally snaps!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:01 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

The close-up on Gerber's angry face as he was skating away from the officials was priceless. If I could find a higher resolution than YouTube video feed quality, I'd make it my avatar.

I've always liked Gerbs, though, esp. for that throwing the puck down the ice thing on that one 5-on-3 PK against the Rangers last season. He's a true professional and I hope this doesn't jeopardize his future career.

21Gerber finally snaps!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:57 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:The close-up on Gerber's angry face as he was skating away from the officials was priceless. If I could find a higher resolution than YouTube video feed quality, I'd make it my avatar.

I've always liked Gerbs, though, esp. for that throwing the puck down the ice thing on that one 5-on-3 PK against the Rangers last season. He's a true professional and I hope this doesn't jeopardize his future career.

That won't, but the fact that he sucks like a vacuum might. Sarcasm

22Gerber finally snaps!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:58 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

In fact...we have a young black cat named King. If we were to fit him with tiny pads, a tiny helmet and a tiny stick, I would wager pretty good money that he could out-duel Gerber.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum