GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gerber finally snaps!!!

+5
PTFlea
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
Mojo
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Gerber finally snaps!!! Empty Gerber finally snaps!!! Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:19 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Apparently Gerber pushed a ref after Washington scored last night. He was immediately booted from the game and faces a three game suspension. No more Mr. Nice Guy!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/03/24/gerber_suspension/

PS I got some serious satisfaction being able to start a new post about Gerber in the Leafs section of the forums.

2Gerber finally snaps!!! Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:24 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gerber was pushed into the net during a scramble. It looked like it was by a stick from a Caps player - like he got speared and then he lost it on the ref, ended up firing a puck at the ref and was ejected.

Automatic 3-game suspension.

3Gerber finally snaps!!! Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:51 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gerber has held his emotions in check for almost 3 years now so it's not surprising that he'd lose it especially considering he is likely done in the NHL after this season is over. I'm not condoning what he did I'm just amazed he held it together for this long.

- Unknown Author

4Gerber finally snaps!!! Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:13 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I wouldn't have minded seeing some of that fire when he played for us, I didn't know he had it in him. At least he could've shown us that he cared.

Now, this was a total blessing for the Leafs. Cujo was SPECTACULAR, right off the dinger he had to make a killer save to save the game and bring it to OT. I have to admit, watching the final minute of the game along with OT and the shootout, I was kinda cheering Cujo on, as horrible as that might sound. He deserved that win after saving their asses like he did, and he was incredible in doing it.

5Gerber finally snaps!!! Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DIDDLE yeah. Anyone who wasn't cheering on Cujo last night is the Hockey Grinch. That was incredible, he comes in stone cold - he's one of the worst goalies in the NHL now - and he stones Green point blank twice, Ovechkin right after that, then he stones all of the Caps' big guns in the shootout.

Absolutely mind-bendingly awesome!

As for Gerber, he shoved the first official, then he shoved the second official, then he shot the puck at the official. Not good...especially when you probably are fighting for a job next year (in the NHL). He might get more than the mandatory 3, that was pretty crazy.

Shocked!

6Gerber finally snaps!!! Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:34 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:DIDDLE yeah. Anyone who wasn't cheering on Cujo last night is the Hockey Grinch. That was incredible, he comes in stone cold - he's one of the worst goalies in the NHL now - and he stones Green point blank twice, Ovechkin right after that, then he stones all of the Caps' big guns in the shootout.

As for Gerber, he shoved the first official, then he shoved the second official, then he shot the puck at the official. Not good...especially when you probably are fighting for a job next year (in the NHL). He might get more than the mandatory 3, that was pretty crazy.

Shocked!

Cujo has always been my favorite goalie... Good on him to give a solid effort.

7Gerber finally snaps!!! Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:36 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:DIDDLE yeah. Anyone who wasn't cheering on Cujo last night is the Hockey Grinch. That was incredible, he comes in stone cold - he's one of the worst goalies in the NHL now - and he stones Green point blank twice, Ovechkin right after that, then he stones all of the Caps' big guns in the shootout.

Shocked!

Really, he did all of that? I don't recall him shoving 2 guys or the puck thing. But, I did see him shove the first ref, it looked like he wanted to knock him the F out! It was actually really amusing. Laughing3

8Gerber finally snaps!!! Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:39 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
Really, he did all of that? I don't recall him shoving 2 guys or the puck thing. But, I did see him shove the first ref, it looked like he wanted to knock him the F out! It was actually really amusing. Laughing3

I think when we were watching, they didn't pick up him trying to move the 2nd official to get to the first, but in the replays they pointed it out (this morning).

Then they showed him wristing the puck - pretty hard actually - in the direction of the official.

Very amusing - but very costly for Gerbage I would think.

9Gerber finally snaps!!! Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:20 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

I think when we were watching, they didn't pick up him trying to move the 2nd official to get to the first, but in the replays they pointed it out (this morning).

Then they showed him wristing the puck - pretty hard actually - in the direction of the official.

Very amusing - but very costly for Gerbage I would think.

Goodness Gracious! Not good at all. Can you say, no more hockey for Gerbage this year?

Mind you he has never done anything like this before, so they may just tap him on the wrist for that one.

Time will tell.

10Gerber finally snaps!!! Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

''I'm sorry for me, for losing my cool there,'' said Gerber. ''I got shoved in the net. That's why (the puck) went in. I was upset, shot the puck against the boards and after that he tossed me out for I don't know what.

''I shouldn't have done it. That's obvious. But there's not much you can do now.''

What a cutie that Gerbage is. Hilarious. Laughing3

11Gerber finally snaps!!! Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:57 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:''I'm sorry for me, for losing my cool there,'' said Gerber. ''I got shoved in the net. That's why (the puck) went in. I was upset, shot the puck against the boards and after that he tossed me out for I don't know what.

''I shouldn't have done it. That's obvious. But there's not much you can do now.''

What a cutie that Gerbage is. Hilarious. Laughing3

Next thing you'll hear is that he got pissed drunk and trashed his hotel room, a la Ed Belfour

12Gerber finally snaps!!! Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah really. Smile

13Gerber finally snaps!!! Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:21 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gerber can face up to 10 games for this suspension. But I bet he'll only get the mininum 3.

14Gerber finally snaps!!! Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:26 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Gerber can face up to 10 games for this suspension. But I bet he'll only get the mininum 3.

I'm pretty sure it won't be more than that. He's lucky he didn't punch the ref, cause it sure as hell looked like he wanted to.

He doesn't have a history at all, so I don't think it'll go over the 3 games.

Maybe this will be a blessing for us and they'll lose their next 3. What a twist of fate that would be.

15Gerber finally snaps!!! Empty Re: Gerber finally snaps!!! Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:29 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Gerber was pushed into the net during a scramble. It looked like it was by a stick from a Caps player - like he got speared and then he lost it on the ref, ended up firing a puck at the ref and was ejected.

Automatic 3-game suspension.

From what I saw on the YouTube video it looked like Gerber got speared right in the family jewels...ouch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum