GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mattias Karlsson about to leave the Sens organization

+4
beerandsens
wprager
LeCaptain
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.vf.se/Arkiv/Sport/Ishockey/2009/03/Kolan-pa-vag-tillbaka-till-Sverige-090311.aspx

^ It's in Swedish. The two teams he's reportedly interested in signing with (and vice-versa) are Lulea and Farjestad.

Uhh...not too much to say about that really. He wasn't given much of a chance in the big leagues. He obviously doesn't want to be a call-up for injuries next year.

More power to him - hurts our depth a little. That's a big downside.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Damn... I guess Brian Lee's a full time AHL-er next season Facepalm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:Damn... I guess Brian Lee's a full time AHL-er next season Facepalm

Let's no go completely crazy Marak... Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Too bad. I thought he was supposed to get an audition.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Too bad. I thought he was supposed to get an audition.

Me too, but in lieu of who would be the question. I don't love Bell's defense, but his offense is great. I guess A-Train went down at too late a time to scratch Schubert and put Karlsson in.

Funny thing is, the chain of command could change and he might end up regretting this. Just like Brad Isbister totally diddled himself by franking off to Europe.

Imagine if Ryan Shannon got frustrated and diddled off...wow...that would've been a cruel twist of fate.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I know he's not our #1 defensive prospect, but still, this really sucks for me since I wanted to get a look at him on the Sens

Ummmmm.... oh well....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Ummmmm.... oh well....

It's always a shame to lose a prospect and depth, but this was basically my reaction as well.

Maybe he can go to Sweden for a year and learn how to skate better - and then return? Or not...either way.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, I think this can be shrugged off a little easier than I anticipated.

I assume Murray will address looking for more depth come draft day anyway, so best of Luck to 'the OTHER Karlsson' and see what develops along the way.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:Well, I think this can be shrugged off a little easier than I anticipated.

I assume Murray will address looking for more depth come draft day anyway, so best of Luck to 'the OTHER Karlsson' and see what develops along the way.

well thankfully it isn't Erik that has had the change of heart, Mattias, even though it would have been nice to see him play, guess that won't happen, we have a few good D prospects coming through that can replace him, maybe Gryba?

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who knows. I won't sweat over this.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah it's a big oh well for me as well. It hurts Bingo more than it hurts the Org. overall.

Next season we have Kuba, Campoli, Phillips, Volchie, Bell, Smith, Picard, Lee all looking to fill 6 spots so this isn't going to be too bad. Factor in likely picking up another D man to fill out the top 2 and it gets even more crowded.

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Isn't Smith pretty much done or down for good?

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Having seen him play in Bingo it is too bad that we are losing him. He was liked by the Bingo fans and for the games that I saw, he was a pretty decent D-man. Honestly, he played much better in Bingo than Lee.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:Isn't Smith pretty much done or down for good?

I haven't heard a lot on smith lately, it must be pretty serious though because a few around here said that injury could end his career.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum