GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brodeur Ties Roy

+5
beedub
SensFan71
shabbs
Riprock
asq2
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brodeur Ties Roy Empty Brodeur Ties Roy Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:23 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

...with Roy in the building, IIRC. A nice salute from Montreal as well.

551 wins. With his next, he is the all-time winningest goalie in NHL history. I believe he's only 5 shut-outs away from the shut-out title as well.

The records are there, the Cups are there, the gold medal is there, is Marty the greatest goaltender of all-time?

Or does Scott Clemmenson's success behind that Devil of a defence detract from his legend?

Brodeur Ties Roy Martin-brodeur

IMO Brodeur's Legend was cemented when they showed prior to the game how long he's been, well, the Marty we know. Steve Mason, the young wunderkind, had his room shown in a small feature on him and his room was lined with posters of Brodeur.

2Brodeur Ties Roy Empty Re: Brodeur Ties Roy Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:25 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Congrats, he's earned it. Despite playing on a very defensive, competitive team for his career, he's still gotta be good to do what he has. No question. I still think Roy is the all-time greatest, but the record book might say otherwise - though I don't know if any goalie will win as many Conn Smythe's as Roy.

3Brodeur Ties Roy Empty Re: Brodeur Ties Roy Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:28 pm

Brodure has been the most consistant goaltender in history, the best, no. If it comes down to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final, I still go with Roy. He is the best money goaltender of all time.

4Brodeur Ties Roy Empty Re: Brodeur Ties Roy Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:30 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well done Brodeur.

5Brodeur Ties Roy Empty Re: Brodeur Ties Roy Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:19 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

you could debate this one...Roy vs Brodeur forever and not really get a conclusive answer. I suppose we could sum it up this way, Brodeur is the best regular season goalie with the edge to Roy for the playoff goalie. Either way, if I was a coach in a crucial game, I would breath a lot easier knowing one of those two was between the pipes.

6Brodeur Ties Roy Empty Re: Brodeur Ties Roy Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:27 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The answer to the question is the answer to this one, it's Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals... who do you want in net for your team - Roy or Brodeur?

7Brodeur Ties Roy Empty Re: Brodeur Ties Roy Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:43 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:The answer to the question is the answer to this one, it's Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals... who do you want in net for your team - Roy or Brodeur?

I may be going against the grain, but I say Brodeur, I prefer the calm, cool collected style of Brodeur over Roy, who may be the big money goalie, but I like Brodeur's rock solid style.

8Brodeur Ties Roy Empty Re: Brodeur Ties Roy Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:59 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Brodeur is the consumate proffessional, very difficult to draw off his game. He is almost constantly good.

Roy on the other had was "clutch". As Neely pointed out earlier, he is the best money goalie of all times.

AS far as the SCF game 7, I go with Roy. If it got to7 games, you need a clutch goalie more than anything

9Brodeur Ties Roy Empty Re: Brodeur Ties Roy Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:45 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:The answer to the question is the answer to this one, it's Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals... who do you want in net for your team - Roy or Brodeur?

I may be going against the grain, but I say Brodeur, I prefer the calm, cool collected style of Brodeur over Roy, who may be the big money goalie, but I like Brodeur's rock solid style.

I am on board with SF71. I would pick Brodeur over Roy. He dosnt overhype it he is calm and does it all as quietly as possible. They are both extremely good goalies and you cant go wrong with either one.

10Brodeur Ties Roy Empty Re: Brodeur Ties Roy Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:47 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have to say Brodeur, although I like Roy's passion and fiery attitude, I'm more confident in Brodeur's almost zen-like approach when he's between the pipes.

Plus, he has to be arguably the most gentlemanly player in the NHL.

11Brodeur Ties Roy Empty Re: Brodeur Ties Roy Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:47 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

So Brodeur breaks Roy's record on St Patrick's day... Interesting.

12Brodeur Ties Roy Empty Re: Brodeur Ties Roy Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:51 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

He ties him in Montreal, beat's him on St Patricks day... Double interesting.

13Brodeur Ties Roy Empty Re: Brodeur Ties Roy Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:02 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

To me it comes down to this: one had a "domestic" incident where he tore two doors off their hinges, but did not hit his wife; the other cheated on his wife with the sister.

Roy by a nose hair.

14Brodeur Ties Roy Empty Re: Brodeur Ties Roy Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:04 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cronie wrote:I have to say Brodeur, although I like Roy's passion and fiery attitude, I'm more confident in Brodeur's almost zen-like approach when he's between the pipes.

Plus, he has to be arguably the most gentlemanly player in the NHL.

Yeah, ask his in-laws about how gentlemanly he is.

15Brodeur Ties Roy Empty Re: Brodeur Ties Roy Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:17 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Another interesting facts = Roy didnt benefit from shoot outs...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum