GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Feeling Like Winners?

+8
Jordo
asq2
sennies1980
SeawaySensFan
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
davetherave
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Are the Sens winners again?

Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Vote_lcap212%Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 2 ]
Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Vote_lcap218%Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 18% [ 3 ]
Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Vote_lcap246%Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 46% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 17

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Feeling Like Winners? Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:09 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:
asq2 wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:bang on asq2. I don't think Vermette will be moved...yet.
Next year, perhaps, but unless someone blows Murray away with an amazing offer, Vermette will remain in the fold IMHO.

I would do Vermette and Lee for Hamhuis, Dekanich and a 2nd round pick.

However, I think Vermette currently has more value to us than other teams because of his poor production under Hartsburg.

You may be right, but I think any good GM worth his salt knows how valuable Vermette can truly be...

you know, you could almost due a straight up swap of Vermette for Hamhuis... Salaries are comparable, and both teams have their respective needs addressed.

Might be a tough sell for Nashville at this point. They're looking to add scoring and Vermette has only 5 more points than Hamhuis does.

What Vermette can do and has done is enough. If it's a tough sell for Nashville, he can potentially go to one of the other teams that are/will be lining up for him.

17Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Feeling Like Winners? Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm convinved Jordo. I ony hope he's somewhere on Murray's radar or his to-do list.

18Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Feeling Like Winners? Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:22 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would like to see a shot of Murray and Poile shaking hands in the pressbox and lighting a cigar. Followed by The Name Dropper saying "I think I know what just happened there as I've been working to bring these two parties together for some time now. I just can't say what it is."

19Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Feeling Like Winners? Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:31 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I prefer Evil Charlie Brown rather than name dropper.... :lol!:

20Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Feeling Like Winners? Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:31 pm

As long as the playoffs are still in view (yes I understand the size of the window) it would be an absolute horrendous idea to trade Vermette - the Buffalo game was proof positive of that point.
I'm all for trading him when the time is right, but now is not that time.

I would consider (as crazy as it sounds right now) Lee, Zubov, and our 1st for Hamhuis, Dekanich, 2nd - maybe drop the 2nd to a 3rd or 4th or drop it altogether. I'm not eager to get rid of Zubov, as I view him as a quality mid-level prospect, but I also see the value of getting Hamhuis into the fold here; likewise, Bingo desperately needs a real goaltender.

21Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Feeling Like Winners? Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:33 pm

As a sidenote: Am I the only one who feels like Panzeri is just another hack sports writer in Ottawa? No different than Garrioche and the Sun crew?

22Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Feeling Like Winners? Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anything can happen for sure, but one thing's a certain: Get me good value for Kuba. You don't think you can replace him? Bull Dung. M.Karlsson is literally a carbon copy of him. Let him have some games, get me my pick and or prospect.

Same with Neil. If we can't come to an agreement, get him out.

As for the rest of the team...you're all back in my good books (I'm sure that makes them feel a lot better). Vermette is an asset now - whether or not the decision is to keep him, we finally get to see how he really plays - and I believe that's worth the $$ (again, unless we can parlay him into a D-man of merit).

I'll say this much: I made fun of Kris Russell from Columbus, but that would have been one of the best moves of the year if Murray had snagged him the more I look into it. Still possible....

23Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Feeling Like Winners? Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:48 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:As long as the playoffs are still in view (yes I understand the size of the window) it would be an absolute horrendous idea to trade Vermette - the Buffalo game was proof positive of that point.
I'm all for trading him when the time is right, but now is not that time.

I would consider (as crazy as it sounds right now) Lee, Zubov, and our 1st for Hamhuis, Dekanich, 2nd - maybe drop the 2nd to a 3rd or 4th or drop it altogether. I'm not eager to get rid of Zubov, as I view him as a quality mid-level prospect, but I also see the value of getting Hamhuis into the fold here; likewise, Bingo desperately needs a real goaltender.

That pick should be absolutely, 1000% un-touchable barring a trade for someone like Malkin.

As it stands, it could be Matt Duchene, who draws favourable comparisons to Jonathan Toews.

Hamhuis is great, but he's a #2 defenceman at best. We could take Jared Cowen with that pick and have a near-franchise #1.

San Jose's pick can move. Ours cannot.

24Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Feeling Like Winners? Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
That pick should be absolutely, 1000% un-touchable barring a trade for someone like Malkin.

As it stands, it could be Matt Duchene, who draws favourable comparisons to Jonathan Toews.

Hamhuis is great, but he's a #2 defenceman at best. We could take Jared Cowen with that pick and have a near-franchise #1.

San Jose's pick can move. Ours cannot.

Dude, that brings a small tear of joy to mine eye.

25Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Feeling Like Winners? Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:56 pm

I understand that, but the idea behind trading it would be avoiding being in the position to draft Duchene, Cowen, MSP, Kane, etc...

26Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Feeling Like Winners? Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:39 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

We'd still probably be in a position to draft one of the top guys. I suspect that after being mathematically eliminated we might see a drop-off in motivation on the team.

As for Heater's comment, I've been trying to watch as much Duchene as I can and he's blown me away. Unfortunately, he's done so with scouts as well, and is emerging as the consensus 3rd pick in the draft. Tampa currently has that, I believe.

Walking away with any of the top two, Duchene, MSP, Cowen, Kane, Schenn or even Schroeder IMO would be preferable to getting Hamhuis.

In addition, Nashville, although they would be insane IMO not to take that deal, is looking for scoring, so a guy like Antoine Vermette might be of interest to them in that regard. I'd much sooner deal Vermette than our pick.

27Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Feeling Like Winners? Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:41 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:
Walking away with any of the top two, Duchene, MSP, Cowen, Kane, Schenn or even Schroeder IMO would be preferable to getting Hamhuis.

So getting one of the players and waiting for them to develop will help more than getting the PMD that we so desperately need now?

Interesting.

28Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Feeling Like Winners? Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's why I would say that all should be fine - and we should be drafting in the top 8, so we're getting someone fun. There's no chance we can deal our pick unless it's for a...I don't even know...like a...Nathan Horton? Nah, not even, someone young and under contract for a while at a respectable term.

29Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Feeling Like Winners? Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
So getting one of the players and waiting for them to develop will help more than getting the PMD that we so desperately need now?

Interesting.

Absolutely. Get a D-man via trade this summer - or via UFA. These top 8 are special players IMO - not to mention cheap-ish for the first tenure of their contracts.

30Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Feeling Like Winners? Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:52 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Interesting.

For a bottom-feeding team?

Yeah.

It's not like the Islanders should be looking to deal their pick for Antropov because they need scoring.

Dealing pieces for the future in an attempt to make a clearly non-contending team competitive is exactly what has kept the Leafs mediocre for so long.

31Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Feeling Like Winners? Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:55 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:For a bottom-feeding team?

Yeah.

It's not like the Islanders should be looking to deal their pick for Antropov because they need scoring.

Dealing pieces for the future in an attempt to make a clearly non-contending team competitive is exactly what has kept the Leafs mediocre for so long.

We're not the Islanders. They are perennial bottom-feeders. They need draft picks to build a roster. We don't. We are not the Leafs. They have been perennial bottom feeders. We aren't.

The future is now for us, not 2 or 3 years away.

32Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Feeling Like Winners? Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:01 pm

Ya, there is no way we finish below Atlanta and NYI, lol, it was NEVER a question.

33Sens Feeling Like Winners? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Feeling Like Winners? Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:01 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
asq2 wrote:For a bottom-feeding team?

Yeah.

We're not the Islanders. They are perennial bottom-feeders. They need draft picks to build a roster. We don't. We are not the Leafs. They have been perennial bottom feeders. We aren't.

The future is now for us, not 2 or 3 years away.

We have sucked for 100 games. We're not contenders. We have a rookie goaltender, basically two rookie defencemen in Lee and Picard, fringe NHLers like Bell, over the hill vets like Smith, a rookie coach, a $6 million back-checker, next to no secondary scoring, and our best defenceman is a UFA at season's end.

Dan Hamhuis doesn't make us a contender. Anyway, I never said I was against acquiring him. I'd just rather move Antoine Vermette than a potential franchise player.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum