GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal?

+7
shabbs
The Silfer Server
wprager
Sens4thecup
asq2
LeCaptain
PKC
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? - Page 2 Empty Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:10 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

OK, so apparently this was just from the "Inbox" segment of Sportsnet where they read fan-suggested proposals.

I hope, anyway.

17BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? - Page 2 Empty Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:14 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I smell a false alert...

18BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? - Page 2 Empty Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:16 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:OK, so apparently this was just from the "Inbox" segment of Sportsnet where they read fan-suggested proposals.

I hope, anyway.

Might have been. Again, my friend called me and said he saw this on Sportsnet, so I assumed that he wasn't an idiot. It seems like this is untrue. Or, maybe they are waiting until after tonight's game to finalize the deal. Who knows.

19BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? - Page 2 Empty Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:18 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PKC wrote:
asq2 wrote:OK, so apparently this was just from the "Inbox" segment of Sportsnet where they read fan-suggested proposals.

I hope, anyway.

Might have been. Again, my friend called me and said he saw this on Sportsnet, so I assumed that he wasn't an idiot. It seems like this is untrue. Or, maybe they are waiting until after tonight's game to finalize the deal. Who knows.
Sportsnet has a segment called the Inbox where they read fan mail. Perhaps he caught that and mis-understood.

20BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? - Page 2 Empty Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:02 pm

asq2 wrote:
Sens4thecup wrote:I could see Ottawa dealing Heatley for Staal & Whitney

No thanks.

Never been overly impressed with Staal and Ryan Whitney makes Brian Lee look like Anton Volchenkov in terms of grit.

:lol!:

Anyone see confirmation yet? I can't help but wonder if the Leafs could have gotten more for these guys individually? Kaberle is still on a sweetheart contract, Blake has been playing well, and Antropov could be a attractive commodity at the deadline.

Maybe I don't see the value because I'm not a Whitney fan. Staal is a great pickup for anyone though.

21BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? - Page 2 Empty Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:04 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I can tell you it is 100% from Sportsnet's Inbox as part of their Fantasy GM tarde proposals. The proposed deal was on behalf of a Leaf fan suggesting the trade:

Kaberle
Blake
Stajan

for
Staal
Whitney
2nd

was a fair trade for both teams.

22BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? - Page 2 Empty Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:24 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:I can tell you it is 100% from Sportsnet's Inbox as part of their Fantasy GM tarde proposals. The proposed deal was on behalf of a Leaf fan suggesting the trade.

I feel incredibly immature for doing so, but I laughed at this.

23BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? - Page 2 Empty Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:29 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I type two finger style and often too fast for my brain, I make typos all the time lol. I also often capitalize the letter after the first letter. Though using Firefox I do have the spell checker, so there's no excuse for the errors.

24BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? - Page 2 Empty Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:36 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:I type two finger style and often too fast for my brain, I make typos all the time lol. I also often capitalize the letter after the first letter. Though using Firefox I do have the spell checker, so there's no excuse for the errors.

Heh, I'm not laughing that you made the typo, just at the typo itself.

I'm inclined to agree with both statements you made in that post. Wink

25BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? - Page 2 Empty Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:56 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

This sounds bizarre to say the least.

26BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? - Page 2 Empty Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:58 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Perhaps this should be moved to Random thoughts

- Unknown Author

27BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? - Page 2 Empty Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:18 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Staal is good, Whitney is a major downgrade from Kaberle. Not even close IMO. So Staal for Antropov and Blake? Only if they have an extension is place for Antropov. He'd be amazing with Malkin and Blake would be very good with Crosby.

With Sykora, Satan and Fedetenko all coming off the books and with the shorter term on a better D-man creating some flexibility - this would be a great move for the Pens IMO.

It would all hinge on if they can extend Antropov and for how much.

28BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? - Page 2 Empty Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:14 pm

Kaberle-Gonchar would be up there with the best PP 1-2 punches in the league. It wouldn't quite be up to the Lidstrom-Rafalski duo, but it would definitely be better than a lot of teams can boast...
Both teams get stronger instantly. In other words: I hate this trade.

29BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? - Page 2 Empty Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:49 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:Kaberle-Gonchar would be up there with the best PP 1-2 punches in the league. It wouldn't quite be up to the Lidstrom-Rafalski duo, but it would definitely be better than a lot of teams can boast...
Both teams get stronger instantly. In other words: I hate this trade.

I don't know, though.

Malkin's been playing the point on the PP and producing like crazy (obviously, being the leading Art Ross candidate). Many Pens fans feel the addition of Gonchar might actually cause Malkin's production level to go down.

I'd strongly consider keeping Malkin on the point where he's obviously incredibly comfortable.

30BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? - Page 2 Empty Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal? Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:45 pm

Fair enough - even still, you've got he best 2nd unit QB in the league with either of Gonchar or Kaberle manning that position. Throw in a 2nd unit consisting of Blake, Antro, and Satan and you're looking pretty sweet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum