GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hockeybums is reporting Malik has been signed???

+6
shabbs
Phoenix30
PTFlea
rooneypoo
PKC
jamvan
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

two years 4 million ???? Looking for confirmation.

4 million per? or 4 million total?

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

tukker wrote:4 million per? or 4 million total?
$ 4 million total, again there's no confirmation of this whatsoever.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Creates a sort of logjam on the backend, no?

Phillips-(Meszaros)
Volchenkov-Lee
Smith-Malik

Schubert/Bell/Carkner/Nycholat

Who stays and who goes? Who plays and who doesn't? Better yet, who's moving the puck?

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Nycholat would be gone for sure. Bell and Carkner in Bingo.

For Sundin, it's Toronto or retire.
^possible

Malik to Ottawa: 2 years, 4 million.
^possible

Schnieder to Montreal in exchange for Latendresse and a 4/5 round draft pick.
^makes sense

Koivu to Minnesota for prospect Petr Kalus + a pick... still looking into this one.
^TOTAL AND COMPLETE BULLSH!T

Parrish to NY Islanders is close, with Vancouver making a pitch.
^Why notÉ

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

tukker wrote:For Sundin, it's Toronto or retire.
^possible

Malik to Ottawa: 2 years, 4 million.
^possible

Schnieder to Montreal in exchange for Latendresse and a 4/5 round draft pick.
^makes sense

Koivu to Minnesota for prospect Petr Kalus + a pick... still looking into this one.
^TOTAL AND COMPLETE BULLSH!T

Parrish to NY Islanders is close, with Vancouver making a pitch.
^Why notÉ
LOL!

I'm not trying to be a dick when I write this, but: What makes you guys think that any news out of the Sens organization is actually going to get leaked? And moreover what makes you think someone at hockeybums Suspect would be the 1st to know??
I realize this site is here to discuss such bs, but this one should be dismissed pretty quickly imo. We already have 3-4 defensive D-men and we only have one signed puck-mover, so Murray goes ahead and signs another defensive D-man? I suppose its possible, but it goes against logic.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

cash wrote:I'm not trying to be a dick when I write this, but: What makes you guys think that any news out of the Sens organization is actually going to get leaked? And moreover what makes you think someone at hockeybums Suspect would be the 1st to know??
I realize this site is here to discuss such bs, but this one should be dismissed pretty quickly imo. We already have 3-4 defensive D-men and we only have one signed puck-mover, so Murray goes ahead and signs another defensive D-man? I suppose its possible, but it goes against logic.
You're not being a dick and I think we're all taking this "RUMOR" "BS" with a grain of salt, but in all honesty I wouldnt' hate picking Malik up. Yes he's very defensive, but one thing he does well is gets the puck out of his own zone. Is that not something we could use?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:I'm not trying to be a dick when I write this, but: What makes you guys think that any news out of the Sens organization is actually going to get leaked? And moreover what makes you think someone at hockeybums Suspect would be the 1st to know??

Well, there is the fact that some sites do break news earlier than the major outlets. It's happened time and time again. Senschirp (or was it Sens Army?) had the Hossa/Heatley deal up for like a full day before the major outlets figured out what was going in.

As for Malik, I agree, I don't see the need for him, but... never say never in this business, my friend. What if, say, we had a sweet deal on the table for an amazing player but, say, Phillips or Volchenkov were part of the asking price? Why, then you'd go out and pick up another defensive D on the cheap and then make your move, that's what you'd do.

Now, don't get excited, I'm not saying that that IS happening. I'm just saying you never know in this business.

jamvan wrote:
You're not being a dick and I think we're all taking this "RUMOR" "BS" with a grain of salt, but in all honesty I wouldnt' hate picking Malik up. Yes he's very defensive, but one thing he does well is gets the puck out of his own zone. Is that not something we could use?

If it's 2yr, 2mil per.....then fine. He can fit in the third pairing and (unfortunatly for him) Shubert can go back to playing forward / D when needed. Gives us a little more depth and support on D. At four mil a year, I think I might barf

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh gosh I hope not. We just had to deal with Redden, no need for someone even crappier.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Oh gosh I hope not. We just had to deal with Redden, no need for someone even crappier.

He's not that bad. At least he still plays with some emotion, something that pile of garbage we called Redden refused to do. Not just lacked it, it looked like he flat out refused to play with emotion. Thank God he's gone.....let him be a problem for the Rangers.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
504Heater wrote:Oh gosh I hope not. We just had to deal with Redden, no need for someone even crappier.

He's not that bad. At least he still plays with some emotion, something that pile of garbage we called Redden refused to do. Not just lacked it, it looked like he flat out refused to play with emotion. Thank God he's gone.....let him be a problem for the Rangers.

I agree with Redden's being gone being an addition by subtraction, but Malik is the exact same player - with much less of an offensive upside.

Man...you should hear what Ranger fans have to say about this guy. It would curl your hair - they hated him 1000 times more than we hated Redden towards the end.

504Heater wrote:
PKC wrote:

I agree with Redden's being gone being an addition by subtraction, but Malik is the exact same player - with much less of an offensive upside.

Man...you should hear what Ranger fans have to say about this guy. It would curl your hair - they hated him 1000 times more than we hated Redden towards the end.
Malik wouldnt be expected to play 30 minutes a game

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum