GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hockeybums is reporting Malik has been signed???

+6
shabbs
Phoenix30
PTFlea
rooneypoo
PKC
jamvan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Oh gosh I hope not. We just had to deal with Redden, no need for someone even crappier.

He's not that bad. At least he still plays with some emotion, something that pile of garbage we called Redden refused to do. Not just lacked it, it looked like he flat out refused to play with emotion. Thank God he's gone.....let him be a problem for the Rangers.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
504Heater wrote:Oh gosh I hope not. We just had to deal with Redden, no need for someone even crappier.

He's not that bad. At least he still plays with some emotion, something that pile of garbage we called Redden refused to do. Not just lacked it, it looked like he flat out refused to play with emotion. Thank God he's gone.....let him be a problem for the Rangers.

I agree with Redden's being gone being an addition by subtraction, but Malik is the exact same player - with much less of an offensive upside.

Man...you should hear what Ranger fans have to say about this guy. It would curl your hair - they hated him 1000 times more than we hated Redden towards the end.

504Heater wrote:
PKC wrote:

I agree with Redden's being gone being an addition by subtraction, but Malik is the exact same player - with much less of an offensive upside.

Man...you should hear what Ranger fans have to say about this guy. It would curl your hair - they hated him 1000 times more than we hated Redden towards the end.
Malik wouldnt be expected to play 30 minutes a game

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
PKC wrote:

That bad huh? Well, he did play top four minutes last year for the Rangers. And its safe to say if we've signed him, he'll be a bottom pairing defenseman. So, if we have signed him, it might not be that bad, because he might excel against third and fourth line forwards.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

I agree with an earlier post. The added depth would allow us to move someone else to get that elusive PMD. If not then I am comfortable with our D then, especially if Bell makes the team as a 7th D-man to be used on the Powerplay.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Is anyone else's "sources" reporting on this? I have not seen this anywhere else.

shabbs wrote:Is anyone else's "sources" reporting on this? I have not seen this anywhere else.
Eklund, but that doesnt count as a source :D

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tukker wrote:Eklund, but that doesnt count as a source :D
HA! True. Ek probably ripped it from Hockeybums.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Still nothing else coroborating the HBums story yet eh? I don't know about this one. I think we have enough 6th spot D men.

- Unknown Author

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Still nothing else coroborating the HBums story yet eh? I don't know about this one. I think we have enough 6th spot D men.

Agreed. Smells like BS.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Nothing has been announced anywhere about this today. I also think it's complete BS. I don't understand where these people get their information.

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

SensGirl11 wrote:Nothing has been announced anywhere about this today. I also think it's complete BS. I don't understand where these people get their information.

I think they just pull it outa their cornhole and post it for all to see.

Eklund sure as hell does it on a daily basis.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sp00nz wrote:I think they just pull it outa their cornhole and post it for all to see.

Eklund sure as hell does it on a daily basis.
And now I'm craving poutine. Thanks man. Bah.

:x

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:Nothing has been announced anywhere about this today. I also think it's complete BS. I don't understand where these people get their information.

You have to remember, the same thing happened with the J Smith signing. What was it? A week before it got confirmed?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I can't even find the Malik rumour/report on HockeyBums anymore. They must have taken it down entirely.

For what it's worth (the phrase I always use to introduce specious rumours), Eklund's latest entry has OTT connected to/interested in Malik, G. Murray, and Hedican (all e3s).

If, however, we do intend intend to go with Nycholat as our 6th D (someone on this site said yesterday that Murray has said as much), I think we'll bank the cap space (that'd be a lot of money for deadline day, if we were hoping to make any moves then) and call it a day. Our D and G spots would be all full, and we'd have 2 too many forwards:

Heatley* - Spezza* - Alfie*
Vermette* - Fisher* - Foligno!
Winchester! - Kelly* - Neil$
Ruutu* - McAmmond$ - Schubert*
Bass! - Donovan*

[* = all locks to make the line up, I think, given their skill or recent (re)signing]
[$ = players contantly brought up in trade / movement talks]
[! = rookies, either on 2-way deals or exempted from regular waiver rules]

If we sign Murray, what 3 players do you subtract from that line up? Foligno, Winchester, and Bass, all sent to the minors? Do you try trade off or waive McAmmond to open up one spot? Do you have to do the same with Neil, too, to open up another?

I don't like the sound of any of that. As things stand now, I don't really like the fact that it looks like, of our young players, only Foligno will make the line up for sure; nor do I like the fact that Bass will probably not make this team, or at best that he and Winchester will have to fight to push McAmmond for ice time. I don't want to lose Neil, either. Nor do I want to lose McAmmond -- but he may have to go just to create space on the roster. Something has to give here, and acquiring yet another forward in Murray doesn't look like it will bring any clarity. It would be a huge mistake, I think, to not have any space to give our young players a chance to develop.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Why can't there be another Milbury or Keenan sitting around in the league waiting to absorb our garbage for a superstar? If Keenan was still in Florida, we'd have Vokoun and Bouwmeester right now for McAmmond, Neil, a party pack of Coors Light, edible lingerie, a bottle of strawberry massage lotion and lifetime subscription to Men's Health.

PKC wrote:Why can't there be another Milbury or Keenan sitting around in the league waiting to absorb our garbage for a superstar? If Keenan was still in Florida, we'd have Vokoun and Bouwmeester right now for McAmmond, Neil, a party pack of Coors Light, edible lingerie, a bottle of strawberry massage lotion and lifetime subscription to Men's Health.
make it Canadian and we'd have a deal

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:I can't even find the Malik rumour/report on HockeyBums anymore. They must have taken it down entirely.
They've removed it. Wow, that's blogging at it's finest. Run away...

Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum