GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Melnyk: Win 27 of the next 37 or else...

+8
LeCaptain
davetherave
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Cronie
shabbs
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm jumpin' into chat. If you want to join me you're welcome to lets just try to leave the negativity for now :D

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Tukker wrote:once the playoffs hit, I'm a Coyotes fan. It'll be nice to see a team that can thrive from pressure.

I'm all in for Chicago personally.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Second team?

That's kinda like the old standard: "I like to think of myself as a fan of hockey" when your team is out. Sure beats sticking up for yourself and your team. Razz

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I love this > "I'm hoping it's a blip," he said (Melnyk)

Ill be pulling for Chicago and Boston. If they win 1 on the road trip coming up I'll be a little shocked.

All that said the usualy suspects will take the blame, the goalie, the coach, the GM. No blame put on Heatley or Spezza, just Wing Dang Doodle about why they dont do more.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:Second team?

That's kinda like the old standard: "I like to think of myself as a fan of hockey" when your team is out. Sure beats sticking up for yourself and your team. Razz

I personally wouldn't call Chicago my "Second Team", but they are a heck of a lot more fun to watch then my team right now. I just want to watch some good hockey for the remainder of the season, and I think it's going to be a blood bath in the playoffs. Lots of fun to watch and very exciting. I could never "go for" an eastern team though...so Chicago is my so-called 2nd team...if you want to call it that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:I love this > "I'm hoping it's a blip," he said (Melnyk)
That's one hell of a blip... going back a year.

The only blip we've had this year is the 3-0-1 stretch heading into the All Star break.

Sigh...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
504Heater wrote:
shabbs wrote:Get ready for it "not being done".

It's a tad laughable. Good luck with that Murray and Hartsburg.

Watters and Dreger were laughing at The Gene for this "get your own bomb" comments. Watters hates Ottawa.

Is Watters the old, old, old one who's a little senile?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Second team?

I personally wouldn't call Chicago my "Second Team", but they are a heck of a lot more fun to watch then my team right now. I just want to watch some good hockey for the remainder of the season, and I think it's going to be a blood bath in the playoffs. Lots of fun to watch and very exciting. I could never "go for" an eastern team though...so Chicago is my so-called 2nd team...if you want to call it that.

Yes! Blood bath, I need to see blood, sweat and especially tears.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:

Is Watters the old, old, old one who's a little senile?

He's a little old and a lot senile, apparently.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:He's a little old and a lot senile, apparently.

Yeah, they might as well have been talking about knitting. He's lost.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

For your reading pleasure...

Here is the transcript of Melnyk's press conference today, from Hockey Capital:

http://communities.canada.com/ottawacitizen/blogs/hockeycapital/archive/2009/01/28/transcript-of-ottawa-senators-owner-eugene-melynk-s-press-conference.aspx

The Citizen's article on the press conference:
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Ottawa+Senators+crossroads+owner+says/1227067/story.html

Once again, Ian Mendes' recap of his Sportsnet intermission interview yesterday with Melnyk:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/01/27/melnyk_sens/

My "old guy's" perspective on all of this reflects having lived and worked in several hockey markets, including Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, New York, San Jose and South Florida, all across more decades than I care to admit... 8) But you all know I remember first hand the so-called 'Original Six'. (Geez, those were the days of black and white TV and two channels in Ottawa LOL.)

Eugene Melnyk, like all owners, wants a successful team that wins games and entertains the fans. He has shown he is ready to invest to make it happen.

He knows this team has failed to deliver. And changes are going to be made.

It's easy for fans to be cynical, but running a $200-plus million dollar hockey business requires some major cojones. Mr. Melnyk is not, from all appearances, a quitter by any means.

And he has made it clear--if you read his words carefully--that he won't put up with mediocrity on his hockey team for much longer.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah Dave, I got that message about mediocrity as well.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

IMHO Melnyk is a realist about the state of his team and his business.

Fortunately for Ottawa fans, he's also clearly passionate about owning the Senators.

What he's asking the fans, is to be patient and to support the team, while he gets his hockey people to fix what's wrong.

And if they can't fix it, he'll go out and get people who can.

If this team doesn't make the playoffs and Melnyk fires Murray, that might be the most collosal blunder in this town's sporting history.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

It wouldn't be a stretch to imagine that Eugene Melnyk hasn't already started the executive search, in case Bryan Murray doesn't deliver...

It would be massively idiotic.

Even his statements today were stupid. Its like he wants Murray to fear for his job and do something stupid like trade our 1st. Melnyk is proving to be nothing more than short-sighted.

I realize the economic situation, but the only thing Melnyk is doing is making things worse. He needs to quiet down completely.

The star players on this team (Spezza and Heatley) are so incredibly arrogant and the only thing Melnyk does is fuel that arrogance. However, as that arrogance disappears - thanks to the reality of their every day performance - fear and anxiety become its replacement. When that happens, his statements of winning streaks and playoff runs only make the potential for failure that much greater.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

May be : " We have to deal with it" means: we`re gonna trade up for Hedman Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum