GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Name Dropper Bites Back

+9
LeCaptain
beedub
SensGirl11
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Name Dropper Bites Back Empty Name Dropper Bites Back Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:13 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

McGuire fired back at fans who think he's being too hard on Elliott with some pretty over-the-top remarks.

Ottawa fans are "provincial" for believing that a goalie with 6 NHL games could turn into something.

Here's another doozie: Ottawa fans embrace Elliott because they are "desperate for a hero!!!"

Brilliant.

2Name Dropper Bites Back Empty Re: Name Dropper Bites Back Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:15 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Not too far from the truth tho; I like McGuire and I thought he was out of line this morning.

3Name Dropper Bites Back Empty Re: Name Dropper Bites Back Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:19 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:Not too far from the truth tho; I like McGuire and I thought he was out of line this morning.

I don't think anyone would even argue that he may be right. The fact is that the persistent and pervasive criticism of Elliott in his TSN broadcasts are just way too much.

His argument that fans should not be encouraged because of only 6 games can be used to question how he could measure a players entire career after 6 games.

4Name Dropper Bites Back Empty Re: Name Dropper Bites Back Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:19 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Take it for what it's worth. Lets also not forget the business he's in. Sometimes things are said to boost ratings.

- Unknown Author

5Name Dropper Bites Back Empty Re: Name Dropper Bites Back Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:20 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

In fact, there's enough McGuire threads that I may want to start a forum just to talk about him Wink

- Unknown Author

6Name Dropper Bites Back Empty Re: Name Dropper Bites Back Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:25 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Take it for what it's worth. Lets also not forget the business he's in. Sometimes things are said to boost ratings.

You seem to make as many excuses for McGuire as he does for the Detroit Red Wings when they lose.

7Name Dropper Bites Back Empty Re: Name Dropper Bites Back Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:30 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Take it for what it's worth. Lets also not forget the business he's in. Sometimes things are said to boost ratings.

You seem to make as many excuses for McGuire as he does for the Detroit Red Wings when they lose.

I do? What other excuses have I made for the guy?

- Unknown Author

8Name Dropper Bites Back Empty Re: Name Dropper Bites Back Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:35 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I do? What other excuses have I made for the guy?

One is one too many. Razz

9Name Dropper Bites Back Empty Re: Name Dropper Bites Back Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:51 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:McGuire fired back at fans who think he's being too hard on Elliott with some pretty over-the-top remarks.

Ottawa fans are "provincial" for believing that a goalie with 6 NHL games could turn into something.

Here's another doozie: Ottawa fans embrace Elliott because they are "desperate for a hero!!!"

Brilliant.
"provincial"??? Is he Diddle serious? Thats pretty much calling us unrefined and ignorant. How the Diddle does this joking monkey get away with that? Did the guys on the team call him on it?? I didn't have much of an issue with him before, but I want to punch him in the Diddle face now.

10Name Dropper Bites Back Empty Re: Name Dropper Bites Back Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:24 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

When Montreal dubs Price the next Roy, was that being "provincial" or "desperate for a hero"?

11Name Dropper Bites Back Empty Re: Name Dropper Bites Back Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:28 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He was 100% primed and ready this morning. He knew what was happening on the web and he was ready to fire back. Provincial? We know what the heck we're talking about as well MGuire. You're not the only one with a passion for hockey - you're just lucky enough to talk about it and get paid.

I still don't disagree with him really, there's a lot that has to happen for Elliot to be a top goaltender, but I'm surprised he's not on this train big time.

12Name Dropper Bites Back Empty Re: Name Dropper Bites Back Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:40 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:He was 100% primed and ready this morning. He knew what was happening on the web and he was ready to fire back. Provincial? We know what the heck we're talking about as well MGuire. You're not the only one with a passion for hockey - you're just lucky enough to talk about it and get paid.

I still don't disagree with him really, there's a lot that has to happen for Elliot to be a top goaltender, but I'm surprised he's not on this train big time.

I'll betcha most people don't disagree, but they're still pissed off the frequency and repetiveness of his cracks on Elliott. And now his quest to be right has spilled over into insulting the Ottawa fan base.

13Name Dropper Bites Back Empty Re: Name Dropper Bites Back Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:42 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I'll betcha most people don't disagree, but they're still pissed off the frequency and repetiveness of his cracks on Elliott. And now his quest to be right has spilled over into insulting the Ottawa fan base.

Yep. Bad move this morning. I was offended.

14Name Dropper Bites Back Empty Re: Name Dropper Bites Back Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:41 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Especially when he said "thanks for the lesson on past drafts" or something like that. I thought that was exceedingly disrespectful (which is unlike him).

As I said, I rather like the guy (although I've repeatedly shouted at my TV for him to STFU lately) but I thought he was out of line this morning.

And no, TGOR didn't call him on that but what do you expect.

15Name Dropper Bites Back Empty Re: Name Dropper Bites Back Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:45 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:Especially when he said "thanks for the lesson on past drafts" or something like that. I thought that was exceedingly disrespectful (which is unlike him).

As I said, I rather like the guy (although I've repeatedly shouted at my TV for him to STFU lately) but I thought he was out of line this morning.

And no, TGOR didn't call him on that but what do you expect.

Steve basically tried to "excuse" the fans position and that was about it.

Message to fans: Nod agreeably and feed Pierre's ego with admiring feedback and things will be good. Call him out for going to far and he'll unload. Being right is his lifeblood.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum