GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sharks recall Lemieux

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sharks recall Lemieux Empty Sharks recall Lemieux Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=263871

Pepe is back!

2Sharks recall Lemieux Empty Re: Sharks recall Lemieux Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:00 pm

Plan the parade!

3Sharks recall Lemieux Empty Re: Sharks recall Lemieux Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Unbelievable comeback.

4Sharks recall Lemieux Empty Re: Sharks recall Lemieux Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:01 pm

Truly.

5Sharks recall Lemieux Empty Re: Sharks recall Lemieux Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:46 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This one is a head-scratcher, for sure. Obviously it's not for depth. Just as obviously it's for his playoff experience. Given how they've done in the past I can't really blame them. But surely there were better choices available.

6Sharks recall Lemieux Empty Re: Sharks recall Lemieux Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:29 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's a very LOW risk HIGH reward scenario though. If he shows he can play, even just 2 or 3 shifts a game at this level, then he will be huge for their playoff run. If the Sharks think they're doing enough Lemieux will set them straight for sure. He doesn't have to be an impact player just an impact in the room and take the odd shift.

- Unknown Author

7Sharks recall Lemieux Empty Re: Sharks recall Lemieux Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:39 am

Well said, Cap

8Sharks recall Lemieux Empty Re: Sharks recall Lemieux Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I always worry about chemistry when players are brought in late in the game. Lemieux is not exactly a popular player -- oh, I'm sure he "grew" on his team-mates eventually, but everyone else in the league always hated him. So it might take some time for the Sharks to warm up to him.

9Sharks recall Lemieux Empty Re: Sharks recall Lemieux Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:58 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

I watched Pepe in his first game and he looked pretty darn good. Twelve shifts, three shots including a bullet from the wing. The guy is a true competitor...and what a story.

ESPN/HNIC's Pierre Lebrun said he would 'run naked through the press box during the playoffs' if Claude made it back to the NHL.

Stay tuned. :lol!:

10Sharks recall Lemieux Empty Re: Sharks recall Lemieux Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:43 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:I watched Pepe in his first game and he looked pretty darn good. Twelve shifts, three shots including a bullet from the wing. The guy is a true competitor...and what a story.

ESPN/HNIC's Pierre Lebrun said he would 'run naked through the press box during the playoffs' if Claude made it back to the NHL.

Is that something we really need to see? 🇳🇴

11Sharks recall Lemieux Empty Re: Sharks recall Lemieux Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:16 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:
davetherave wrote:I watched Pepe in his first game and he looked pretty darn good. Twelve shifts, three shots including a bullet from the wing. The guy is a true competitor...and what a story.

Is that something we really need to see? 🇳🇴

Who knows...that might get a higher TV rating than the All Star Game! :lol!:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum