GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Habs fans... Is it just me?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Habs fans... Is it just me? Empty Habs fans... Is it just me? Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:45 pm

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

Are they the most classless Aholes around?

2Habs fans... Is it just me? Empty Re: Habs fans... Is it just me? Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:46 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Honestly dude. You need to post a topic with that?

- Unknown Author

3Habs fans... Is it just me? Empty Re: Habs fans... Is it just me? Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:51 pm

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Honestly dude. You need to post a topic with that?

Yes.

You could always moderate it out, no?

4Habs fans... Is it just me? Empty Re: Habs fans... Is it just me? Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:41 pm

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

I certainly agree. Obviously it's like any fan base where there will be morons but there sure does seem to be a higher percentage when it comes to habs fans.

5Habs fans... Is it just me? Empty Re: Habs fans... Is it just me? Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:02 pm

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

Nasty Nas wrote:I certainly agree. Obviously it's like any fan base where there will be morons but there sure does seem to be a higher percentage when it comes to habs fans.

No doubt, idiots are everywhere.

Since Carey Price last year though, Habs fans (on internet message boards) seem to really be a cut above in the idiocy department.

6Habs fans... Is it just me? Empty Re: Habs fans... Is it just me? Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'll say it again: ever since I moved from Montreal, and then my father-in-law as well (we were both big Habs fans -- he still is) the level of the average Habs fan *still living in Montreal* went South quite a bit.

7Habs fans... Is it just me? Empty Re: Habs fans... Is it just me? Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:40 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I'll say it again: ever since I moved from Montreal, and then my father-in-law as well (we were both big Habs fans -- he still is) the level of the average Habs fan *still living in Montreal* went South quite a bit.

Don't move back just to pull the average back up Wink

- Unknown Author

8Habs fans... Is it just me? Empty Re: Habs fans... Is it just me? Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:08 am

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

I'm going to come to the defense of Habs fans (and kind of Leaf fans too) just this once. Then after this my contempt and scorn for their terrible choice in teams will return.

But I think it has to do with a couple things. First, those two being original 6 teams with long histories and also in the largest markets in hockey obviously have substantially larger fan bases to draw from. Larger fan bases result in more fans and more ahole fans by default. Plus its ALOT easier to notice the ahole fans cause they are usually the loud mouthed idiots spouting of ridiculous crap like Carey Price is the greatest goalie in the world. All other goalies suck compared to him and he could kick Luongo's Donkey anyday of the week. As opposed to what I'll call the "good fans" (the ones who cheer for their team, are passionate about their team but can still realistically identify and admit to their teams strengths and weaknesses as well as other teams strengths and weaknesses).

Second, up until last years the Habs have had a stretch where they have been mediocre to average at best. Now they have a strong team capable of winning alot more than they lose. And I think it happens with every team that fans become a little louder and a little more Wang when their team is winning. There isn't much to brag about when you lose, but when you are winning thats a whole other story.

Plus winning also brings along that other "great thing". Bandwagon fans. And it my experience it tends to be the band wagon fans that are the loudest, most arrogant, and also most moronic fans of all.

But as it stands, right now the Habs are winning, and with that comes the new addition of louder crazier idiots, many of whom are sure to disappear into the woodwork the next time Montreal is on the decline.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum