GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yet another large turnover?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yet another large turnover? Empty Yet another large turnover? Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:33 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well if we look at all the changes coming in to this season it's kinda scary to think we could see another large amount of change again this off season.

Before and during this season we saw the following leave:

Emery, Redden, Meszaros, Corvo, Commodore, McGratton, Stillman, Eaves, Lapointe

We saw the following join the team:

Auld, Smith, Picard, Kuba, Ruutu, Winchester and Foligno became a fulltime NHLer.

This coming offseason could be bad as well.

I think at this point the Sens are a team that could squeek in to the playoffs but thats not helpful at all in terms of building this team back up. At this point I hope we stay in the basement and go for a top 5 pick. Use all our picks and perhaps acquire more via trades in the offseason as well. Build our farm system back up again.

On the block or at least likely gone?

Kuba - Will price himself out of Ottawa likely

McAmmond - He's looked good but I just don't see him back

Kelly - Probably stuck with this guy at his price tag.

Vermette - Someone will take a chance on him

Schubert - Writings on the wall isn't it?

Neil - Hasn't gotten an extension yet and I don't see it happening personally

Gerber - No brainer

Spezza - He's the most likely target to clear up cap dollars and get a big return from. I don't know that I like this idea though.

Having said all that I really don't see us being overly competitive with that amount of turnover that quickly but he Philly did it so it's not impossible.

- Unknown Author

2Yet another large turnover? Empty Re: Yet another large turnover? Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:35 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Well if we look at all the changes coming in to this season it's kinda scary to think we could see another large amount of change again this off season.

Before and during this season we saw the following leave:

Emery, Redden, Meszaros, Corvo, Commodore, McGratton, Stillman, Eaves, Lapointe

We saw the following join the team:

Auld, Smith, Picard, Kuba, Ruutu, Winchester and Foligno became a fulltime NHLer.

This coming offseason could be bad as well.

I think at this point the Sens are a team that could squeek in to the playoffs but thats not helpful at all in terms of building this team back up. At this point I hope we stay in the basement and go for a top 5 pick. Use all our picks and perhaps acquire more via trades in the offseason as well. Build our farm system back up again.

On the block or at least likely gone?

Kuba - Will price himself out of Ottawa likely

McAmmond - He's looked good but I just don't see him back

Kelly - Probably stuck with this guy at his price tag.

Vermette - Someone will take a chance on him

Schubert - Writings on the wall isn't it?

Neil - Hasn't gotten an extension yet and I don't see it happening personally

Gerber - No brainer

Spezza - He's the most likely target to clear up cap dollars and get a big return from. I don't know that I like this idea though.

Having said all that I really don't see us being overly competitive for a while with that amount of turnover that quickly but hey Philly did it so it's not impossible.

- Unknown Author

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum