GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ticket Dilemma

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ticket Dilemma Empty Ticket Dilemma Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:13 am

I know this might come off pretty arrogant but I have a problem with what games to see this year.

My husband and I have season tickets for the Senators. Actually just I, as he pays for them but seeing as he plans to spend his winter travelling out west they're mine.

Anyways. We split tickets off and our friends and family take some tickets

Every year we hold a draft to split up the tickets. We always take the home opener but after that I've looked at the schedule and I can't see a single game that I've said I have to take. Because there is only 1 Pittsburgh game I've noticed that my father-in-law has already claimed dibbs for it.

So here is my dilemma, what teams should I be watning to see. I'm stuck between choosing talented teams like NYR, SJ, Philly, and those Western Canadian teams we don't see often, Edm, Cal, Van.

I could care less about seeing Montreal, or Toronto. Something about being in an arena where people cheer for the other team louder than our team, plus Toronto and Montreal fans are so arrogant.

If you were me, what would you pick? What are the top 5 games you would want to see outside of Pittsburgh and Detroit.

Maybe just maybe I can convince my husband to throw a set of tickets to the person's suggestion we take.

DW

2Ticket Dilemma Empty Re: Ticket Dilemma Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:43 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Hi Dawg's Wife,

Personally, the 5 teams I would want to see aside from the Detroit, Pitts would be, Dallas, Philly (always fun games), LA, Tampa & SJ.

Those would be my choices. I had Chicago there, but I realized we're visiting them this year. Sad I was looking forward to going to that one...

I hope that this helps a little.

3Ticket Dilemma Empty Re: Ticket Dilemma Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:22 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Hey DW,

Thursday, Feb 26 - San Jose Shark
Thursday, Mar 5 - Edmonton Oilers
Friday, Oct 4 - Anaheim Ducks
Saturday, Dec 3 - Tampa Bay Lightning
Tuesday, Nov 4 - Washington Capitals

In that order. I really think the Oilers are going to be super fun to watch this year, the Anaheim rematch in Ottawa goes without saying, the Lightning game might have a goal output greater than 15 depending on how both teams are playing, the Capitals are always fun with Ovechkin and company, and San Jose is most likely an early favorite to win the Stanley Cup, so that should be a good measuring stick for our team.

4Ticket Dilemma Empty Re: Ticket Dilemma Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:48 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Dawg's Wife wrote:I know this might come off pretty arrogant but I have a problem with what games to see this year.

My husband and I have season tickets for the Senators. Actually just I, as he pays for them but seeing as he plans to spend his winter travelling out west they're mine.

Anyways. We split tickets off and our friends and family take some tickets

Every year we hold a draft to split up the tickets. We always take the home opener but after that I've looked at the schedule and I can't see a single game that I've said I have to take. Because there is only 1 Pittsburgh game I've noticed that my father-in-law has already claimed dibbs for it.

So here is my dilemma, what teams should I be watning to see. I'm stuck between choosing talented teams like NYR, SJ, Philly, and those Western Canadian teams we don't see often, Edm, Cal, Van.

I could care less about seeing Montreal, or Toronto. Something about being in an arena where people cheer for the other team louder than our team, plus Toronto and Montreal fans are so arrogant.

If you were me, what would you pick? What are the top 5 games you would want to see outside of Pittsburgh and Detroit.

Maybe just maybe I can convince my husband to throw a set of tickets to the person's suggestion we take.

DW

I'd go for the Calgary and Edmonton games myself. Now if I can only get the time off to see them while their out here in the west. As well, I think Phoenix and Chicago might be a team to watch this year with all their young talent. It would be interesting to see if McGratton stirs the pot against his former team.

5Ticket Dilemma Empty Re: Ticket Dilemma Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If I had 5 choices, they would be:

1.LA Kings - Doughty, Hickey, Brown, Kopitar, Frolov = fast hockey
2.Edmonton - see above
3.Philly
4.Phoenix (the nerd in me wants to assess them up close and personal + Grats)
5.TB - same as the Kings and Oilers - but with no D = fun.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum