GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Got NHL2K9 for the Wii

+8
TeamRenzo
smash88
TheAvatar
The_Dude
Cronie
Number Twenty Nine
Acrobat
wprager
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Got NHL2K9 for the Wii - Page 2 Empty Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:32 pm

NHL 09 for the PS3 is amazing. Especially the "Be a Pro Mode". I lead the NHL in Goals, Points, P.I.M., Fighting Majors, Hits, GiveAways, TakeAways, and Ice Time.
:lol!:

17Got NHL2K9 for the Wii - Page 2 Empty Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:36 am

LethalLehner

Sophomore
Sophomore

I love the Wii. Leave it to Nintendo to come up with another great idea. The innovative game play makes up for the graphics. Zack and Wiki is a great game as is Trauma Centre, Smash Bros, and Super Mario Galaxy. I have yet to buy NHL 2K9 but I am sure I will soon.

18Got NHL2K9 for the Wii - Page 2 Empty Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:51 am

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

At least the virtual Sens on the 360 can win a game or two :-)

19Got NHL2K9 for the Wii - Page 2 Empty Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:45 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I'd forgotten about Super Mario Galaxy - simple but fun. I often sit with my 5-year old and play; when the others are sitting watching, it's a good way to find out what is going on at school in a non-threatening environment (they get so distracted that the "walls" come down enough to talk)

Good to know about Wii Music - I was looking at it and considering it. Guess I will take a pass on it if the reviews are that poor.

I'll have to check out Trauma Centre; right now we're on the hunt for Guitar Hero World Tour. We were playing it at my sister's place over X-mas, and now my kids want the whole set, so my parents agreed to pay for it. My ears are already trembling in fear.

20Got NHL2K9 for the Wii - Page 2 Empty Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:06 am

Acrobat wrote:I'd forgotten about Super Mario Galaxy - simple but fun. I often sit with my 5-year old and play; when the others are sitting watching, it's a good way to find out what is going on at school in a non-threatening environment (they get so distracted that the "walls" come down enough to talk)

Good to know about Wii Music - I was looking at it and considering it. Guess I will take a pass on it if the reviews are that poor.

I'll have to check out Trauma Centre; right now we're on the hunt for Guitar Hero World Tour. We were playing it at my sister's place over X-mas, and now my kids want the whole set, so my parents agreed to pay for it. My ears are already trembling in fear.

Santa brought my wife and I the drum sound dampeners for Rockband. It's a godsend :D

We have the whole Rockband setup, with Guitar Hero World Tour and the rest of the accessories. It keeps them busy for hours.

21Got NHL2K9 for the Wii - Page 2 Empty Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:57 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

So you have both?
Which would you suggest if I was to only get one? (Guitar Hero WT or Rock Band 2)

22Got NHL2K9 for the Wii - Page 2 Empty Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:40 pm

Acrobat wrote:So you have both?
Which would you suggest if I was to only get one? (Guitar Hero WT or Rock Band 2)
Rock Band 2

23Got NHL2K9 for the Wii - Page 2 Empty Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:19 am

Acrobat wrote:So you have both?

Go with Rock Band 2. The drums are really fun (GET THE SOUND DAMPENERS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD), and the mic is quite fun surprisingly. It turns out that I have no singing talent whatsoever Sad It's fun for the whole family though (at least mine)

It's got everything Guitar Hero does, with the added bonus of being able to play as an entire band of 4 (drums, bass, guitar, vocals).

Also, fyi, the Guitar Hero world tour works with the rock band equipment I am told. (I dunno if you can drum with it, but the RB2 guitar works)

24Got NHL2K9 for the Wii - Page 2 Empty Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:33 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

We got the RB2 for Xmas and picked up GHWT on Boxing day for the extra guitar. RB2 is easier for us old f@arts. Fun for hours for a family of 4.

25Got NHL2K9 for the Wii - Page 2 Empty Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:45 am

Number Twenty Nine wrote:We got the RB2 for Xmas and picked up GHWT on Boxing day for the extra guitar. RB2 is easier for us old f@arts. Fun for hours for a family of 4.

Yep, my boys and I have had a blast with it. The only thing stopping them from playing RB2 was Resistance 2 and the new Civilization games they got for Christmas.

26Got NHL2K9 for the Wii - Page 2 Empty Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:54 am

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

Rock Band 1 & 2 are far superior to Guitar Hero World Tour. I
have both as well . The songs imo are better in GH but everything
else about Rock Band trumps what GH offers.

27Got NHL2K9 for the Wii - Page 2 Empty Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:48 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

You can d/l and add to the songs in Rock Band, though, can't you?

As far as the equipment itself goes, I was told that the stuff for Rock Band was less robust than for Guitar Hero - I have a 2 yr old, & a 5 yr old who will occ. get hold of the equipment/toys and play, so the stuff needs to be able to survive (to a point - not much can stand up to a determined 2 yr old). Any comments?

28Got NHL2K9 for the Wii - Page 2 Empty Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:50 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:We got the RB2 for Xmas and picked up GHWT on Boxing day for the extra guitar. RB2 is easier for us old f@arts. Fun for hours for a family of 4.

Not too worried about easier - I was playing the Hard mode relatively easily on GHWT at my sister's place (for some strange reason, I can't do it on GH3 though - go figure). More interested in what will be more entertaining, and what will be best for the boys (the four of them plus the forty year old one typing right now...)

29Got NHL2K9 for the Wii - Page 2 Empty Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:52 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:

Yep, my boys and I have had a blast with it. The only thing stopping them from playing RB2 was Resistance 2 and the new Civilization games they got for Christmas.

They have Civ and R2 for the Wii? Or did you get these for the X-box/PS3?

30Got NHL2K9 for the Wii - Page 2 Empty Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:45 pm

Acrobat wrote:
hemlock wrote:

PS3 yeah. We have Guitar Hero 3 for Wii, and RB2 and GHWT for PS3.

31Got NHL2K9 for the Wii - Page 2 Empty Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:14 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
hemlock wrote:

I am so thoroughly jealous - I had dumped the PS2 and was about to get the PS3, then the wife (=CFO/CEO/COO) nixed it temporarily. Something about all five of us (the two-year old included) spending the entire holidays in front of video screens of one sort or another, when we weren't at the rink. Seems she expected us to do stuff like...um....clean up a bit (not that I hadn't already promised to or anything.....way to stick my foot in it there!)

32Got NHL2K9 for the Wii - Page 2 Empty Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:19 am

Acrobat wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
hemlock wrote:

I am so thoroughly jealous - I had dumped the PS2 and was about to get the PS3, then the wife (=CFO/CEO/COO) nixed it temporarily. Something about all five of us (the two-year old included) spending the entire holidays in front of video screens of one sort or another, when we weren't at the rink. Seems she expected us to do stuff like...um....clean up a bit (not that I hadn't already promised to or anything.....way to stick my foot in it there!)

I begrudgingly got the PS3. Something really irks me about paying that much for a system. The Wii is so much more affordable and with the age difference for my kids, it's much better for the whole family. We still goof around on the Wii Sports bowling, which is the game that comes with it. Not many games that are packaged with the system have that much replay value. The PS3 is a nice machine and the blu-ray capability is also an excellent feature. But after adding on another controller, the HD cables, an accessory pack and a couple games, it was over $700. That isn't cheap. Don't even get me started though on those scumbags at Microsoft with their Dung-box360. Can someone explain to me what exactly this machine has over the original Dung-box other than improved processing etc? At least Sony added the blu-ray feature. The worst part about the Dung-box360 is the fact that Microsoft actually has the stones to charge people to play online. Neither Nintendo or Sony do that. The nerve of Microsoft never ceases to amaze me.

I've told my kids that if they want a Dung-box360, they'll have to buy it themselves. I refuse to give Microsoft any money for an overpriced system, which has precious few good exclusive titles. Most of the really great games are available on PS3, Wii, or both.

33Got NHL2K9 for the Wii - Page 2 Empty Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:20 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

I begrudgingly got the PS3. Something really irks me about paying that much for a system. The Wii is so much more affordable and with the age difference for my kids, it's much better for the whole family. We still goof around on the Wii Sports bowling, which is the game that comes with it. Not many games that are packaged with the system have that much replay value. The PS3 is a nice machine and the blu-ray capability is also an excellent feature. But after adding on another controller, the HD cables, an accessory pack and a couple games, it was over $700. That isn't cheap. Don't even get me started though on those scumbags at Microsoft with their Dung-box360. Can someone explain to me what exactly this machine has over the original Dung-box other than improved processing etc? At least Sony added the blu-ray feature. The worst part about the Dung-box360 is the fact that Microsoft actually has the stones to charge people to play online. Neither Nintendo or Sony do that. The nerve of Microsoft never ceases to amaze me.

I've told my kids that if they want a Dung-box360, they'll have to buy it themselves. I refuse to give Microsoft any money for an overpriced system, which has precious few good exclusive titles. Most of the really great games are available on PS3, Wii, or both.

I guess I don't feel so bad then - I was a little upset when the cost of the Wii (three extra controllers, four nunchucks, Wii wheels) got to almost $500. But Wii Bowling rocks. My 5-yr old can get 9 strikes in a row (yes, nine). I have trouble getting four.

I've never been a fan of MicroCrap, so their system wasn't on the radar. Blu-ray isn't a big deal for me, as I can't really watch TV or movies - if the kids are awake, then I can't watch what I want because it's too scary for the kids, and if the kids are asleep, then the movies tend to be too loud. So PS3 is mainly for games, and because it can be "hacked" (read: it can run Linux, which I want to learn). Also, the PS3 is backwards compatible, and I have PS2 games.

So maybe I wait for a deal on a PS3, and load up on Wii games. Or use Aeroplan points.

On a side note, anyone think it'd be a hoot to sit and play something like Mario Kart against each other? (Vodka optional...) :D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next