GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade idea (OTT/MIN)

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trade idea (OTT/MIN) Empty Trade idea (OTT/MIN) Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:55 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Could these two teams do some business together? Minnesota is hurting (literally) in the scoring department with both Gaborik (who would have thought) and now Nolan injured.

Ottawa could send Antoine Vermette there in exchange for, lets say, Marc-Andre Bergeron? Bergeron's a fast little puck moving offensive d-man, everything Ottawa could perhaps use. Obviously I'd rather see someone like Burns, or maybe Schultz or Foster (when healthy), but this could work out well for both teams. Vermette seems like he would be a Minny kind of player, with his speed and exceptional defensive awareness.

This is just an idea I had, so what do you say?

2Trade idea (OTT/MIN) Empty Re: Trade idea (OTT/MIN) Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:53 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:Could these two teams do some business together? Minnesota is hurting (literally) in the scoring department with both Gaborik (who would have thought) and now Nolan injured.

Ottawa could send Antoine Vermette there in exchange for, lets say, Marc-Andre Bergeron? Bergeron's a fast little puck moving offensive d-man, everything Ottawa could perhaps use. Obviously I'd rather see someone like Burns, or maybe Schultz or Foster (when healthy), but this could work out well for both teams. Vermette seems like he would be a Minny kind of player, with his speed and exceptional defensive awareness.

Burns obviously will never be moved, but Bergeron is possibly the worst defenceman defensively in the NHL. His offensive game isn't enough to make up for it.

Pass. I'd rather Bell than Bergeron, actually.

3Trade idea (OTT/MIN) Empty Re: Trade idea (OTT/MIN) Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:15 pm

asq2 wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:Could these two teams do some business together? Minnesota is hurting (literally) in the scoring department with both Gaborik (who would have thought) and now Nolan injured.

Burns obviously will never be moved, but Bergeron is possibly the worst defenceman defensively in the NHL. His offensive game isn't enough to make up for it.

Sounds like a slight against Bell. He's really improved his game imo. He doesn't look like he's playing terrified out there anymore.

4Trade idea (OTT/MIN) Empty Re: Trade idea (OTT/MIN) Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:24 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock34 wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Sounds like a slight against Bell. He's really improved his game imo. He doesn't look like he's playing terrified out there anymore.

Not a slight at all. I've been impressed. Bergeron is not enough of an upgrade (or any upgrade) for me to want to deal Vermette.

5Trade idea (OTT/MIN) Empty Re: Trade idea (OTT/MIN) Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:28 pm

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

I'm sorry dude but that would be an awful trade. Even though
Vermette has been terrible the Sens could surely get something of
greater value. M.A. Bergeron has been a throw away twice in his
career which could have been attained for nothing but a late round
draft pick. The guy has serious holes in his game. Yes he
can skate pretty well and has a good shot but he is extremely weak
defensively.

I think it would be a pretty bad decision if Murray would consider something like that

6Trade idea (OTT/MIN) Empty Re: Trade idea (OTT/MIN) Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:38 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Although he's way too small to be effective, getting him for nothing like Minny and Anaheim did was good. But his trade value is like...Schubert at best. Keep Vermette for when the time is right.

On that same team though...Zidlicky, Johnsson (don't like that much, but a decent D-man), Burns, Bergeron, Schultz. They'll have too many when Foster comes back - which should be a month or so.

7Trade idea (OTT/MIN) Empty Re: Trade idea (OTT/MIN) Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:54 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

This all begs the question: why doesn't bergeron switch to a forward position? It's hardly unheard of, and he might actually excel.

8Trade idea (OTT/MIN) Empty Re: Trade idea (OTT/MIN) Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:16 am

504Heater wrote:Although he's way too small to be effective, getting him for nothing like Minny and Anaheim did was good. But his trade value is like...Schubert at best. Keep Vermette for when the time is right.

On that same team though...Zidlicky, Johnsson (don't like that much, but a decent D-man), Burns, Bergeron, Schultz. They'll have too many when Foster comes back - which should be a month or so.

Only a month? I thought he just started skating recently? Seems quick considering the injury and the time off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum