GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Man falls from Upper Deck at ScotiaBank Place

+2
Nasty Nas
PKC
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Another scary thing is that this guy fell from row D in 324 and I have seats in Row D in the 300's as well. I carry my little one in a Sling and could have easily tripped over a purse in the same fashion but with my baby travelling with me. That sends chills down my back.

Yeah I have a feeling, your not the only one who will be taking an extra step from now on!

It's pretty crazy, but I wonder how he fell past 3 rows and then over a railing..

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wondered the same thing. My first thought, if I fell, while carrying two beers is: Screw the damn beers, what the heck can I grab onto and fast.

hemlock34 wrote:
PKC wrote:Insane. That must have been a scary thing to see live.

Especially for the "few onlookers he sailed by". That's the type of thing that only happens in movies.

A couple of things to note.

I have tickets in the section to the left of where this happened, actually the Row C in the exact same spot just one section over.

First this doesn't happen because at the bottom of the stairs is a 3foot piece of glass which is there to prevent people from doing what this guy did.

Second he didn't go over this piece of glass but actually slid to the left missing the glass but sliding over row A and then slowly over the rail. In effect his belly hit the lower rail and he continued to slide over.

Third because is was during the intermission people were not in the seats in Row A which means he was unobstructed when sliding over.

Lastly while I doubt he was drunk, if he was slightly intoxicated it may have helped him by relaxing his body making it able to absorb the impact of falling. Much like drunk drivers who survive a crash without injury while sober drivers are injured it's all about the bodies ability to relax that helps them.

Horrible inicident and a good reminder to my husband as to why that "friggen piece of glass" has to be at the bottom of the stairs obstructing his view of the game.

Dawg's wife

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This clearly appears to be a freak accident but that being said it also shows that these pieces of glass can't be solely relied on to stop this from happening in the future. Whether I like it or not, one sure way to help avoid this would be to have glass go all around the front row of the 300 and 200 levels. I personally don't like that idea but it's a precaution that they may want to investigate.

- Unknown Author

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:This clearly appears to be a freak accident but that being said it also shows that these pieces of glass can't be solely relied on to stop this from happening in the future. Whether I like it or not, one sure way to help avoid this would be to have glass go all around the front row of the 300 and 200 levels. I personally don't like that idea but it's a precaution that they may want to investigate.

Or just put the railing a little higher... raise it by about 15 cm...

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Who can afford two beers at SBP!!??

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum