GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

+2
Riprock
PTFlea
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:51 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Da lil Guy wrote:Gave it a start but didn't get in too far before I got distracted. Will try to pick it back up shortly!

TwoThumbsUp! Let me know what you think.

17The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:07 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:Can I get the executive summary? I'm a huge fan of Genesis as well but I never connected with Lambs. I know all their other (especially the early ones) albums though ...

It's not easy to do an executive summary of it, it was hard enough to do it in under 20 pages to be honest.

18The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:40 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:Can I get the executive summary? I'm a huge fan of Genesis as well but I never connected with Lambs. I know all their other (especially the early ones) albums though ...

It's not easy to do an executive summary of it, it was hard enough to do it in under 20 pages to be honest.

Who was it that said "If I only had more time, I would have written less." or something like that.

Off to google ... google fails to come up with a concrete answer. Blaise Pascal wrote:

“Je n’ai fait celle-ci plus longue que parce que n’ai pas eu le loisir de la faire plus courte”

Which translates to:

The present letter is a very long one, simply because I had no leisure to make it shorter.

However some cite that he was kinda-sorta quoting either Cicero or Cato. But I could have sworn the quote I was thinking of was not for a letter but a scientific or philosophical essay.

In any case, if I had more time to research it I probably would have just written the quote and the attribution, instead of all this.

19The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's how I would view an executive summary in this instance - like a brand new project where I'd have to get out my notes on the origins of the ideas and start branching it back to the beginning, deciding where I would cut things out and what people 'need' to know for the story to still float.

I stand by what I said though, this is a good piece - possibly my most creative piece. I strongly recommend taking the 20 minutes to read it. If you dig it, great, if not, no harm, no foul.

20The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smokeweedeveryday

21The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:smokeweedeveryday

That explains your outrageous contract prediction for The Hoffer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum