GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

+2
Riprock
PTFlea
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Empty The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

EDIT:
Laugh1 Turns out not many were ready to engage into this piece - as it's pretty dark and pretty challenging, but with a new mix of members now, I'm still intrigued to see if anyone gets anything out of this. Still a damn fine piece, if I do say so myself.

The reason I wrote this is two-fold:

One: I'm a massive fan of Genesis - and this album always had different meanings to me - I could imagine some of the passages.

Two: At the time, I had stopped writing creatively - and I needed some inspiration to get going again. Since then, I've finished up a script that's being optioned by a producer in Toronto (Go Sens Ahhhhh!)

I wrote a pitch dark short story based on the 1974 Genesis concept album, "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway".

I never really thought anyone here would care to be honest, so I never bothered posting the link. But...I think it's one of my best pieces and even if you're not a Genesis fan - I think you'll probably enjoy some of the twisted imagery.

If you like it, leave me a comment if you don't mind. Either on here or on the site.

Thanks guys!

Enjoy

Heater SD

http://lambliesdownonbroadway.blogspot.com/2008/06/lamb-lies-down-on-broadway.html#links

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:58 pm; edited 3 times in total

2The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Empty Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:23 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I finished the first chapter, it's a lot to read all at once in one sitting, but I liked the imagery. Very well written.

3The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Empty Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:I finished the first chapter, it's a lot to read all at once in one sitting, but I liked the imagery. Very well written.

Cool, let me know how you like it. It gets pretty dark in spots. :D

4The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Empty Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's time for a Bump

5The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Empty Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:11 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I totally forgot about this, so I started to read some more again. Oddly enough when I came across the name Marshall McLuhan, it caught my attention, as it is a name I recently have heard numerous times at school. I had to Google him again, then I remembered his quote "The medium is the message", which I posted on Facebook the same day I heard it in my History of Communications lecture. Craziness.

6The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Empty Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:I totally forgot about this, so I started to read some more again. Oddly enough when I came across the name Marshall McLuhan, it caught my attention, as it is a name I recently have heard numerous times at school. I had to Google him again, then I remembered his quote "The medium is the message", which I posted on Facebook the same day I heard it in my History of Communications lecture. Craziness.

It's odd how something that random can pop up numerous times.

7The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Empty Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:19 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

How did you first hear of him?

8The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Empty Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:How did you first hear of him?

Almost exactly the same way. He's in a lyric in The Lamb, so I heard references, then 1st year Communications class.

9The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Empty Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:40 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Wicked, you took Communications? I am in Sociology currently, but 1st year means nothing really, and I am thinking of Communications as one major.

10The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Empty Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bump

Don't be shy to read this short story and let me know what you think guys. I think it's one of my better pieces.

http://lambliesdownonbroadway.blogspot.com/

11The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Empty Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:43 am

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

Gave it a start but didn't get in too far before I got distracted. Will try to pick it back up shortly!

12The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Empty Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:36 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Can I get the executive summary? I'm a huge fan of Genesis as well but I never connected with Lambs. I know all their other (especially the early ones) albums though ...

13The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Empty Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:51 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Da lil Guy wrote:Gave it a start but didn't get in too far before I got distracted. Will try to pick it back up shortly!

TwoThumbsUp! Let me know what you think.

14The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Empty Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:07 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:Can I get the executive summary? I'm a huge fan of Genesis as well but I never connected with Lambs. I know all their other (especially the early ones) albums though ...

It's not easy to do an executive summary of it, it was hard enough to do it in under 20 pages to be honest.

15The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Empty Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:Can I get the executive summary? I'm a huge fan of Genesis as well but I never connected with Lambs. I know all their other (especially the early ones) albums though ...

It's not easy to do an executive summary of it, it was hard enough to do it in under 20 pages to be honest.

Who was it that said "If I only had more time, I would have written less." or something like that.

Off to google ... google fails to come up with a concrete answer. Blaise Pascal wrote:

“Je n’ai fait celle-ci plus longue que parce que n’ai pas eu le loisir de la faire plus courte”

Which translates to:

The present letter is a very long one, simply because I had no leisure to make it shorter.

However some cite that he was kinda-sorta quoting either Cicero or Cato. But I could have sworn the quote I was thinking of was not for a letter but a scientific or philosophical essay.

In any case, if I had more time to research it I probably would have just written the quote and the attribution, instead of all this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum