GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Avery

+7
beedub
beerandsens
smash88
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Avery

POLL: Avery Vote_lcap250%POLL: Avery Vote_rcap2 50% [ 9 ]
POLL: Avery Vote_lcap239%POLL: Avery Vote_rcap2 39% [ 7 ]
POLL: Avery Vote_lcap211%POLL: Avery Vote_rcap2 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1POLL: Avery Empty POLL: Avery Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:20 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What would you (have) do (done) if you were the NHL?

2POLL: Avery Empty Re: POLL: Avery Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:30 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I would've given him a fine, that's about it. Everyone knows this guy is an moron Dung disturber. I think a nice fine would've done him good. This suspension is pretty silly.

Saying that, since there is a Code of Conduct in effect anywhere you work, the NHL has their own for sure. And these comments that can be degrading to certain people have to be taken seriously.

So in the end, they did the right thing for the NHL, players, families, kids etc...I still think it's pretty silly though.

3POLL: Avery Empty Re: POLL: Avery Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:45 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't vote on this one because I've honestly not read the story. I won't give it the time of day.

- Unknown Author

4POLL: Avery Empty Re: POLL: Avery Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:48 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I voted for the fine. Ideally, I think the NHL should fine him as huge as possible and allow the Stars to suspend him indefinitely.

5POLL: Avery Empty Re: POLL: Avery Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:48 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

The only reason I said fine... Is because i would have liked to see him play the game and watch the refs just stand there as Phaneuf went after him... But that wouldn't happen, so what's the league to do?

6POLL: Avery Empty Re: POLL: Avery Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:09 pm

smash88 wrote:The only reason I said fine... Is because i would have liked to see him play the game and watch the refs just stand there as Phaneuf went after him... But that wouldn't happen, so what's the league to do?

GET RID OF THE STUPID INSTIGATOR RULE!!!

Phaneuf would have got him in the first, then 'boring' Iginla would have got him in the second. His jaw would be wired shut for the third and he wouldn't be talking too much after that.

7POLL: Avery Empty Re: POLL: Avery Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:12 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I voted for a fine. As Bob McKenzie said on TSN, if he said something other than sloppy seconds it would have been fine. So I look at the words "sloppy seconds" and think... that really isn't that bad. It's a dick move. Not suspension worthy.

8POLL: Avery Empty Re: POLL: Avery Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:15 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I said fine only, because this is a case where I would like to see the players police their own. I think Dion Phaneuf would have given Avery reason to regret his words.

9POLL: Avery Empty Re: POLL: Avery Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Did you hear Pierre talk this morning about an incident that happened in the past between Avery and (I think) Lapointe? He basically told him to stop doing what he was doing (whatever it was at the time) or he would take the fine and the suspension, but make sure he never played again.

Bringing in family, relatives, health conditions -- that's crossing the line. Calling past girlfriends "sloppy seconds" is crossing a new line.

10POLL: Avery Empty Re: POLL: Avery Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:13 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I said fine because I would have liked to see the Stars suspend him (even though the owner issued a statement saying they would have whether the NHL did or not) but at the same time, I understand WHY the NHL did...

I assume Avery's playing days are near over; but at the same time, thanks to this drama, I look forward to the next time he hits the ice because I'm sure a LOT of players (let alone Dion) will be looking for him! Here's hoping the refs take a breather to tie their skates, eh? LOL

11POLL: Avery Empty Re: POLL: Avery Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fine for me. I wanted to see Phaneuf pound the ever loving Dung out of him. Then Iginla. Then see the Stars deal with this idiot. The NHL intervening only solved a problem the Stars should have to deal with by themselves.

They'll send him to the minors, he won't report - then that'll be that. But how to send him to the minors when he has a NMC? That's the trick.

12POLL: Avery Empty Re: POLL: Avery Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:18 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Fine for me. I wanted to see Phaneuf pound the ever loving Dung out of him. Then Iginla. Then see the Stars deal with this idiot. The NHL intervening only solved a problem the Stars should have to deal with by themselves.

They'll send him to the minors, he won't report - then that'll be that. But how to send him to the minors when he has a NMC? That's the trick.

Avery with a NMC... LOL.. This is the Stars own doing... I don't feel sorry for them at all... Rolling Eyes :D

13POLL: Avery Empty Re: POLL: Avery Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hahahaah. That's exactly right. Hicks is so pissed at Hull and Wiseman right now. Hull better mind his Ps and Qs.

14POLL: Avery Empty Re: POLL: Avery Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:27 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Hahahaah. That's exactly right. Hicks is so pissed at Hull and Wiseman right now. Hull better mind his Ps and Qs.

Like really? what the hell were they thinking? I thought the contract was ludicrous in the first place.. This just tops it off... Wow.. I'm still in disbelief over that.. Avery with an NMC... wow...

15POLL: Avery Empty Re: POLL: Avery Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:
504Heater wrote:Hahahaah. That's exactly right. Hicks is so pissed at Hull and Wiseman right now. Hull better mind his Ps and Qs.

Like really? what the hell were they thinking? I thought the contract was ludicrous in the first place.. This just tops it off... Wow.. I'm still in disbelief over that.. Avery with an NMC... wow...

Big problems. No movement...I guess it was the only way to get him on board. Dumb.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum