GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dispenser's Corner

+6
Riprock
stempniaksen
SeawaySensFan
PKC
Ev
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Dispenser's Corner Empty Dispenser's Corner Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey-O!

I thought I'd make a little corner where I can spew out what's happening around the league - including rumours etc - and have a quick discussion about things.

2Dispenser's Corner Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Monday, November 15th:

Scott Gordon gets fired.

A lot of people are puzzled by this - and they should be. I'm curious what it is that Gordon could have done? Make a trade?

Boston needs to drop salary:

Dear Blake Wheeler and/or Mike Ryder. Will someone take you? Wheeler maybe, but what good is Ryder?

Mike Commodore struggles:

Are the BJs getting frustrated? Doesn't matter anyway, he's unmoveable. Not untradable, unmoveable.

Montreal destroys Carolina:

Are they the beast of the NorthEast? SD says that Boston will have something to say about that. Maybe Ottawa as well.

Tyler Ennis leads Calder buzz, but Skinner says 'screw you':

Just that - Skinner is boss.

Discuss!

3Dispenser's Corner Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

BTW, the aftermath of the Avery sucker-punch to Smid is getting more bizarre by the second. First off, Dubinsky got involved from the bench, so that's a suspension. Then some dude from the Oilers came off the bench (can't recall who).

Then Alex Burrows says this when asked about it:

"I don't really like Ladislav either so I thought it was a pretty good thing that someone gives it to him."

My solution: Avery and Burrows should be made to fight to the death. Smile

4Dispenser's Corner Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RUMOUR:

This is a...7 out of 10 rumour I think. MA Bergeron to the Bolts sounds likely to happen. On the Team 990 this morning, Bergeron said that there was most likely to be a resolution to his free agency as soon as next week.

The Isles and the Lightning were rumoured, but a local TB blogger said that it was 'almost done' that Bergeon would join the Lightning.

RUMOUR:

This is a 4 out of 10 rumour:

Brian Burke and Dave Nonis attended the Anaheim/Chicago game this weekend. People have specualted that it's not the Hawks that Burke was watching specifically - that there's pieces on the Ducks that he likes (no idea who).

5Dispenser's Corner Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:31 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tyler Ennis is nowhere close to leading the Calder Buzz. Skinner, Eberle, Neuvirth, are all ahead of him.

6Dispenser's Corner Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Tyler Ennis is nowhere close to leading the Calder Buzz. Skinner, Eberle, Neuvirth, are all ahead of him.

It was hotter a week or so ago, but there's a huge article in The Hockey News about him, his struggles to make the NHL and the fanfare that he's getting inside the league.

As of now, I'd say Skinner has him dead to rights, but there's no denying that Ennis is in the running IMO.

7Dispenser's Corner Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:07 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:RUMOUR:

This is a...7 out of 10 rumour I think. MA Bergeron to the Bolts sounds likely to happen. On the Team 990 this morning, Bergeron said that there was most likely to be a resolution to his free agency as soon as next week.

The Isles and the Lightning were rumoured, but a local TB blogger said that it was 'almost done' that Bergeon would join the Lightning.

RUMOUR:

This is a 4 out of 10 rumour:

Brian Burke and Dave Nonis attended the Anaheim/Chicago game this weekend. People have specualted that it's not the Hawks that Burke was watching specifically - that there's pieces on the Ducks that he likes (no idea who).

I heard Bergeron back to the Habs because Markov is out for the next 3 months.

8Dispenser's Corner Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
I heard Bergeron back to the Habs because Markov is out for the next 3 months.

Hadn't heard the Habs involved, interesting. Thanks for the update.

9Dispenser's Corner Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:39 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Tyler Ennis is nowhere close to leading the Calder Buzz. Skinner, Eberle, Neuvirth, are all ahead of him.

It was hotter a week or so ago, but there's a huge article in The Hockey News about him, his struggles to make the NHL and the fanfare that he's getting inside the league.

As of now, I'd say Skinner has him dead to rights, but there's no denying that Ennis is in the running IMO.

Also I wouldn't be shocked to Cam Fowler in the running at the end of the year.

10Dispenser's Corner Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, Fowler's opened a lot of eyes for sure. Good pick by the Rangers at 10 to bypass him. ThumbsUp

11Dispenser's Corner Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is the Philly goalie - Boborosky - eligable?

12Dispenser's Corner Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:07 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'm surprised you haven't started a discussion about this:

http://www.mc79hockey.com/?p=3518#more-3518

What an enormous story. If the MSM runs with this and starts making calls and trying to find answers, you could see a huge fall out.

13Dispenser's Corner Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't make the darn link load.

EDIT: It's loading now - but f-ing slow.

14Dispenser's Corner Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh, is this the Campbell thing? I haven't read the whole thing yet (I will now), but I think it's safe to assume that a head or two will roll.

15Dispenser's Corner Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:18 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:I'm surprised you haven't started a discussion about this:

http://www.mc79hockey.com/?p=3518#more-3518

What an enormous story. If the MSM runs with this and starts making calls and trying to find answers, you could see a huge fall out.

I posted that in the General Hockey thread yesterday...it's on TSN now and Campbell already responded... Bill Daly commented on it as well. I don't think it will lead to much of anything.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum