GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chinese Democracy

+4
The Silfer Server
Cronie
mattshock
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Chinese Democracy Empty Chinese Democracy Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Has anyone had an advance listen to the new Guns 'N Roses disc? We're all in that age bracket I presume and I want to know if I should buy it.

I've read two 5 star reviews (out of 5), so, I might be inclined to pick it up.

Anyone?

2Chinese Democracy Empty Re: Chinese Democracy Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:44 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Not I, unfortunately.

3Chinese Democracy Empty Re: Chinese Democracy Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:46 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Heater,

for something that was 17 years in the making, in my humble opinion, NOTHING could live up to that hype, let alone Axl's latest offering.
Well, nothing except the INCREDIBLE reunion of Pink Floyd at Live 8 2 years ago! WOO HOO!!

Seriously though, the local stations here in Fredericton have been playing the poop out of the title track and quite honestly, it's kind of dissapointing. I'd wait a few months until it's in the "discount" bin at your local HMV personally.

4Chinese Democracy Empty Re: Chinese Democracy Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:56 pm

Cronenbergfan wrote:Heater,

for something that was 17 years in the making, in my humble opinion, NOTHING could live up to that hype, let alone Axl's latest offering.
Well, nothing except the INCREDIBLE reunion of Pink Floyd at Live 8 2 years ago! WOO HOO!!

Seriously though, the local stations here in Fredericton have been playing the poop out of the title track and quite honestly, it's kind of dissapointing. I'd wait a few months until it's in the "discount" bin at your local HMV personally.

That is a shame and disappointing. Appetite was one of the top ten albums of all time for song after song playability. It would be sad if this was merely a poorly executed cash grab. I will wait to hear myself but I respect Cronie's opinion.

5Chinese Democracy Empty Re: Chinese Democracy Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That sucks Cronie. I wonder if the entire album will be dull - or electric as the critics seem to be saying.

I still might get it - because as Murder said Appetite and Use Your...were pretty franking awesome.

6Chinese Democracy Empty Re: Chinese Democracy Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:02 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Has anyone had an advance listen to the new Guns 'N Roses disc? We're all in that age bracket I presume and I want to know if I should buy it.

Anyone?

Are you against downloading it and then judging for yourself. That's actually what I usually do. I download an album, if I like it, i buy it. I can give you some websites if you are interested.

7Chinese Democracy Empty Re: Chinese Democracy Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:03 pm

504Heater wrote:Has anyone had an advance listen to the new Guns 'N Roses disc? We're all in that age bracket I presume and I want to know if I should buy it.

Anyone?

Ive got the album if you need it Heater

Personally, I am disappointed in it, especially after such a long wait. I'd a big fan of the old GNR, I even saw them with Metallica and Faith No More. AWESOME.

8Chinese Democracy Empty Re: Chinese Democracy Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:03 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

oh yeah, Apetite, Lies, Use you Illusion I & II were fantastic albums in my view. I never did get the Spaghetti Incident (speaking of cash grabs) and with Axl's "women issues" and the lineup changing constantly (Izzy was BY FAR the best rythym guitarist in my view) for me, G n R started to unravel faster than TP at a mexican restaurant.

I will always cherish those 4 albums (some more than the others) and I was even somewhat excited when Axl recruited Robin Finck from Ex-NIN fame, but so far, not too much. To quote one of my ALL-TIME favorite bands and frontman, Peter Steele: "Everything dies." Sadly, so true.

9Chinese Democracy Empty Re: Chinese Democracy Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:04 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock34 wrote:

Anyone?

Personally, I am disappointed in it, especially after such a long wait. I'd a big fan of the old GNR, I even saw them with Metallica and Faith No More. AWESOME.

WHOA!! Faith No MORE!! There's a name I haven't heard in EONS!! I used to LOVE those guys!!
I still have my "Nativity in Black" tribute album (to Sabbath) where their contribution was an AWESOME live rendition of War Pigs... Truly phenomenal!!

10Chinese Democracy Empty Re: Chinese Democracy Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock34 wrote:

Anyone?

Holy Dung, Faith no More. Epic man, epic. Smile

11Chinese Democracy Empty Re: Chinese Democracy Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock34 wrote:

Dammit...that would've been so much cooler than buying it.

I just had a friend at CD Warehouse put it aside for me at wholesale I think (12.49?). So...I guess I'm gonna pony up 15 bucks for it.

There's been some very tepid responses on here. Boo..

12Chinese Democracy Empty Re: Chinese Democracy Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dirtydirtynorth wrote:
Are you against downloading it and then judging for yourself. That's actually what I usually do. I download an album, if I like it, i buy it. I can give you some websites if you are interested.

Dammit all to heck, why did I buy it?

Are you talking about a torrent site?

13Chinese Democracy Empty Re: Chinese Democracy Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:15 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

oh speaking of nostalgia, do any of you remember an awesome (awesome being used mainly because as a 10 yr old, I'd NEVER seen anything like them before) group by the name of Gwar?!?!

Man, I was going through my CD binder with a bunch of unlabeled mix cd's I had burnt over the years and came across a Gwar track (there only charting hit I think) with "Sick of you." I was laughing like a hyenna ALL the way to work this morning!!

14Chinese Democracy Empty Re: Chinese Democracy Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:24 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I was as pessimistic about this album as anyone before I heard it. But I was pretty surprised when I heard it. It`s actually pretty good, it just took too long to come out.

15Chinese Democracy Empty Re: Chinese Democracy Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:30 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mojo1016 wrote:I was as pessimistic about this album as anyone before I heard it. But I was pretty surprised when I heard it. It`s actually pretty good, it just took too long to come out.

Seeing how fickle some music listeners can be, I wonder how many so-called fans just lost complete and utter interest because this album was mirred in production purgatory for so long?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum