GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger

+11
PKC
Cronie
BigRig
rooneypoo
Sens4thecup
COLLAR UP
Vandelay
PTFlea
dennycrane
Snuh
asq2
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:11 am

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Quick question? Is Sopel a PMD?

17Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:17 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Sens4thecup wrote:Quick question? Is Sopel a PMD?

Not really. He put up some decent numbers 5-6 years ago, but he's nothing to get excited about.

Anyway, I think the Nylander for Byfulgien & Sopel deal is all but done. CHI has been hot after Nylander for quite some time, as I understand it.

18Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:09 am

BigRig

Rookie
Rookie

COLLAR UP wrote:If that game is an indication of anything it is that Fisher is expendable...

and...as much as my GF will kill me for putting this down...so to is Neil...

the call-ups...Zubov, Bass and Bell are playing very well...Bell was quiet last night...but that's still better than Schubs...

yup

but also, I gotta say that Donovan is really playing hard. He's making what? 500K and he's waay more effective out there than most!

nice to see him getting some ice time now too he's earned it

19Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:36 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

this sucks... The last I heard late yesterday afternoon was that if the Sens lost, a trade could be announced as early as this morning...
ah well, another rumor falls flat!!

On a side note, with Svatos out with an abdominal injury, I suppose the rumored Leopold trade with Colorado would have to be tweaked a bit, eh?

The Sens showed some life last night, and really, with that arsehat Masenhoven blowing a LEGIT goal, one can't help but wonder what the outcome COULD have been.

Either way Murray, stop stalling and make your move; because apparently both Schubert and Vermette have their bags and belongings packed and ready to go.

20Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:40 am

I'm now of the opinion that I would prefer a top 6 forward over a run of the mill PMD. Obviously an elite PMD would be nice but that may come later in the season or in the offseason.

21Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:50 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

RobbyJ wrote:I'm now of the opinion that I would prefer a top 6 forward over a run of the mill PMD. Obviously an elite PMD would be nice but that may come later in the season or in the offseason.

It's tough...but I agree with you in the sense that I don't want a guy like Ohlund...or even Aucoin coming here...as I don't think they are worth it...plus they are both quite injury prone...

if the sens could acquire a elite PMD...then sure...but at what cost? and can we get him signed long-term?

a top-sixer is badly needed as this team lacks scoring terribly!

I will say though that Zubov...Bass and Bell look great out there...so good...I think we should keep them up...they are ready for the show!!

22Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:52 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

COLLAR UP wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:I'm now of the opinion that I would prefer a top 6 forward over a run of the mill PMD. Obviously an elite PMD would be nice but that may come later in the season or in the offseason.

It's tough...but I agree with you in the sense that I don't want a guy like Ohlund...or even Aucoin coming here...as I don't think they are worth it...plus they are both quite injury prone...

if the sens could acquire a elite PMD...then sure...but at what cost? and can we get him signed long-term?

I will say though that Zubov...Bass and Bell look great out there...so good...I think we should keep them up...they are ready for the show!!

Agreed. If I'm Murray, I'm saying to Martin right now, let's get a deal done for Bouwmeester.

23Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:00 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:
COLLAR UP wrote:

Agreed. If I'm Murray, I'm saying to Martin right now, let's get a deal done for Bouwmeester.

this is the only deal that should be looked at IMHO. Otherwise, let's blow the season and wait for him to go UFA....

24Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:43 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Bass, Zubov, and Bell. If they all stay up (time for my favourite segment, proposed lines!), somebody has to go. From TSN's Ice Chips:

Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Vermette - Kelly - Winchester
Ruutu - McAmmond - Donovan
Foligno - Bass - Zubov

With Neil and Fisher injured, and Schubert scratched, that means that three bodies have to go in order to keep our three young bucks in the lineup.

Vermette and Schubert are a given, but who is number three?

Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Zubov - Fisher - Winchester
Ruutu - McAmmond - Donovan
Foligno - Bass - Neil

I've got Kelly pencilled in as the odd man out for the sake of these lines.

Not bad, but to be honest, I'm not envisioning a lot of goals from that group. Maybe experiment with Foligno or Z. Smith on that top line, and we have options when Shannon comes back.

See ya later Vermette and Schubert.

25Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:45 pm

If the season is indeed a write off, I suspect guys like Kelly, Neil and Vermette will be gone, and we'll have the likes of Bell, Bass, Zubov, and Shannon up with the big club. Of course, what does that do to Bingo?

26Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:52 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I can't see them moving kelly. Neil and Vermette I think will be moved.

27Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:57 pm

TheAvatar wrote:I can't see them moving kelly. Neil and Vermette I think will be moved.

Why? Because of his salary? I don't think the return is going to bowl us over, but there is a market for a guy who can work the PK and pot 15 or so.

28Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:08 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

hemlock34 wrote:If the season is indeed a write off, I suspect guys like Kelly, Neil and Vermette will be gone, and we'll have the likes of Bell, Bass, Zubov, and Shannon up with the big club. Of course, what does that do to Bingo?

Well, that would kill Bingo, and set them back...again.

Hopefully the guys that are playing for Universities and the Elite league will come and play for Bingo next year.

29Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:11 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:If the season is indeed a write off, I suspect guys like Kelly, Neil and Vermette will be gone, and we'll have the likes of Bell, Bass, Zubov, and Shannon up with the big club. Of course, what does that do to Bingo?

Well, that would kill Bingo, and set them back...again.

Hopefully the guys that are playing for Universities and the Elite league will come and play for Bingo next year.

It would, but it's the next step in the progression for these guys, so it may have to be done. There could be guys coming in from College etc to help out. I think a guy like Erik Karlsson will stay in Sweden for another year though.

30Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:05 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I haven't heard much more on Karlsson, but I'm not expecting to see him anytime soon.

31Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger - Page 2 Empty Re: Bryan, it's time to pull the trigger Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:41 pm

Karlsson specifically stated that he would not come over seas to play in the AHL. He didn't say in a prima donna way - He just believes he will benefit as much from playing in the Elite league as he would in the AHL.
Although he definitely needs to learn the North American game and adjust to the grit of the NHL, AHL players are more reckless. I think he has the right idea, but thats imo.

As far as these games somehow proving that Fisher is expendable: I don't know how much the neglect of that comment speaks for itself, but Imo it was a pretty ____ comment.
The team will be better with him back in the lineup.

And I'm not so sure about this idea of trading Vermette anymore. I was all gung-ho for it at the deadline '08 and again at the draft; then I didn't want him re-signed because I figured it would cost too much; then he signed and I was stoked at the number, but I still knew that he would be a member of another team by July 2010.

Regardless, I figured he would have a solid year and maybe even a stellar year, but obviously he's been sh*t...But his last two games have been pretty impressive.
I know he couldn't bury the puck if his life depended on it, but his overall game was MUCH improved. I just feel like he's about to break-out and I don't want it to be for another team.

Murray said they had until twenty games and that is only a game way. The timeline (as noted above) was perfect or a trade at this juncture, but imo Murray should give Vermette, specifically, until the the 23 game mark where there's another lull of 2 days. Its not long enough to get a new player settled, but its long enough to get them here, practiced, and ready to learn our system.
It also gives Vermette another week to prove he's worth the time and money they're giving him. At the very least, he'll continue to play better (presumedly/hopefully) and up his trade value...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum