GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lightning about ready to clean house

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Lightning about ready to clean house - Page 2 Empty Re: Lightning about ready to clean house Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:44 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
PKC wrote:
504Heater wrote:
PKC wrote:That would be a pretty Diddle sweet deal to pull off.

Vermette + SJS 1st for St. Louis

St. Louis - Spezza - Heatley
Fisher - Zubov - Alfie

You could probably do it for Vermette + out 1st rounder. I'm serious, they're Diddle.

Too bad we don't have the cap space.

We could do it, friggin close though. Vermette is 2.75, St.Louis is 5.25 - so a difference of 2.5 million. We have 3.2 in cap space, so we'd have 700K left over in cap relief. We'd probably want closer to 1.5, so you'd have to clear 500K at least. Waive Richardson, perhaps trade Schubert.

Do both. Get Fisher to waive his NTC and send him down to Florida for Bouw. Let's play some hockey.

17Lightning about ready to clean house - Page 2 Empty Re: Lightning about ready to clean house Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:17 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

We could do it, friggin close though. Vermette is 2.75, St.Louis is 5.25 - so a difference of 2.5 million. We have 3.2 in cap space, so we'd have 700K left over in cap relief. We'd probably want closer to 1.5, so you'd have to clear 500K at least. Waive Richardson, perhaps trade Schubert.

Don't forget, Heater, we've actually got *more* cap space at the moment than NHLSCAP.com is saying. They still have Lee and his $1.275 mil on the books right now, which doesn't reflect his demotion last month.

I'm just estimating, but I'd say that once you factor in our previous cap space ($3.2 mil) plus Lee's now-demoted salary ($1.275 mil), minus the money we've spent on call ups on the trip overseas and recently (Elliott, Bass, Shannon, and now Zubov), we've probably got closer to $4.3 or 4.4 mil in cap space. Shannon's salary, I believe, remains on our books as long as he's injured and with the big club.

18Lightning about ready to clean house - Page 2 Empty Re: Lightning about ready to clean house Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:46 pm

504Heater wrote:
PKC wrote:
504Heater wrote:
PKC wrote:That would be a pretty Diddle sweet deal to pull off.

Vermette + SJS 1st for St. Louis

St. Louis - Spezza - Heatley
Fisher - Zubov - Alfie

You could probably do it for Vermette + out 1st rounder. I'm serious, they're Diddle.

Too bad we don't have the cap space.

I'd do it in a second.

19Lightning about ready to clean house - Page 2 Empty Re: Lightning about ready to clean house Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
I'm just estimating, but I'd say that once you factor in our previous cap space ($3.2 mil) plus Lee's now-demoted salary ($1.275 mil), minus the money we've spent on call ups on the trip overseas and recently (Elliott, Bass, Shannon, and now Zubov), we've probably got closer to $4.3 or 4.4 mil in cap space. Shannon's salary, I believe, remains on our books as long as he's injured and with the big club.

Oh yeah...very good point, I hadn't taken that into account. Shannon will go on the IR, if it's long term, it doens't count, does it?

At whatever rate, you have a good point here. Pfft, there's going to be a trade, the question is who and how big?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum