GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shannon out indefinitely... Zubov recalled

+6
SensGirl11
mattshock
Cronie
PKC
beedub
shabbs
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Shannon out indefinitely... Zubov recalled Empty Shannon out indefinitely... Zubov recalled Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:59 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just got this in my inbox....

"Ryan Shannon is out indefinitely with a concussion after taking an elbow to the head from Islanders forward Thomas Pock on Thursday night. According to Craig Hartsburg, the injury is "very significant." The club has recalled forward Ilya Zubov from Binghamton of the AHL. He will join the team in Long Island on Saturday."

Sucks about Shannon.

Real tough luck for Shannon. Zubov benefits I guess, so let's see if he takes advantage. I'd really like to see Zach Smith up here soon too.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I was at the game, and while I admit I did not see the hit, I did see Shannon try to get off the ice, and he looked totally out of it. It did look like half his body was not functioning.

Man this reminds me of Bass coming up last year, only to be injured shortly into his stint here. Makes you not want to be a callup.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

More info from Sportsnet:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/11/14/sens_lines/

No plans to reunite the big line yet.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Time for Zubov to show us all why we shouldn't have sent him down.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Poor guy. I truly hope he recovers well and that he isn't screwed career-wise, for I must admit, for Hartsburg to use the term "very significant" in describing Shannon's injury is a cause for concern in my view.

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but in light of Shannon's prognosis, will this affect Pock's punishment?

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:Time for Zubov to show us all why we shouldn't have sent him down.

Wasn't it Smith that was the last to be sent down??

But yeah, I'm PSYCHED to see Zubov.

Hopefully the game is streamed.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I feel AWFUL for Shannon...booo!!! This is becoming an even sadder day for the Sens and Baby Sens...sorry Bingo, you're in deep doo because of our horrible team..

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, this is a huge blow to them. Hamel is just back from injury, but Regin is still out, and without Shannon and Zubov... they're going to have some trouble producing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

mattshock wrote:Yeah, this is a huge blow to them. Hamel is just back from injury, but Regin is still out, and without Shannon and Zubov... they're going to have some trouble producing.

They can have Vermette and Neil for a few games.

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

mattshock wrote:Yeah, this is a huge blow to them. Hamel is just back from injury, but Regin is still out, and without Shannon and Zubov... they're going to have some trouble producing.

Bingo should be fine(ish). Unless Zubov really wows tomorrow night it's likely only to be a single game call up. The only reason for the call up after all is the suspension to Ruutu. The long term loss of Shannon on the other hand will sting. But hey if Zubov works out, it is possible we may see Foligno spending a little time in the A, so...

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

pgood wrote:

Bingo should be fine(ish). Unless Zubov really wows tomorrow night it's likely only to be a single game call up. The only reason for the call up after all is the suspension to Ruutu. The long term loss of Shannon on the other hand will sting. But hey if Zubov works out, it is possible we may see Foligno spending a little time in the A, so...

Very true, Foligno will almost have to go down if he keeps playing the way he is and Zubov impresses. At least they'll have him, and he'd be awesome for them I'm sure.

I don't want to see Foligno sent down, but it's very likely that he will be.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

exactly, and I think Zubov knows what could lie ahead of he plays lights out!

C'mon Zubov... Lit a fire under these guys, and show them what someone who WANTS to play in the NHL can do!!

Seriously, people have to lay off Foligno, what on earth was wrong with his game last night!?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

He's a -100 and playing only 5 minutes a game...what do you mean what's wrong with his game? Are you serious??

Dont' get me wrong, I think at times that he's good, and he will only get better, he's very young still. But he needs work, and the best place for him right now to do that would be Bingo...this team is demolishing all of these kids confidence.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum