GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SUN UPDATE - MUST READ

+9
Riprock
Sens4thecup
PKC
mattshock
PTFlea
smash88
Cronie
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Empty SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:49 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I think this is quite the serious article. Ruutu got 2 games and Alfie is NOT A HAPPY MAN!

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/12/7387046.html

2SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Empty Re: SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:54 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:I think this is quite the serious article. Ruutu got 2 games and Alfie is PISSED!

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/12/7387046.html

Good stuff -- about Alfie being pissed I mean. This team needs a little pride, because they ought to be ashamed. I wouldn't want to be the Islanders these next two games...

As for the Ruutu suspension: not unexpected. The hit was rather dirty, and they take the score and the time of the game into consideration in these things. Still, if he's not Ruutu, that's probably not a 2-game suspension.

The one plus to come out of all this: maybe we'll see a Zubov, Smith, or Shannon call up. If so, I say put him in beside Spezza and Heatley and see what happens.

3SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Empty Re: SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:58 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well said Rooney.

I, for one, am Glad Alfie is showing some fire and anger. They truly ought to be ashamed of the past 2 games. Now go out there and show everyone, let alone your fans, what you are capable of.

On a side note, do you see Colin Campbell imposing any more discipline besides the 2 games, as the Sun asks?

4SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Empty Re: SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:02 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Good question Cronie...I didn't really know what they meant by that statement...it didn't say additional disciplinary action...so I don't know...a fine maybe?

I've gotta watch the hilights tonight...I have to see this hit everyone is talking about. But, I'm happy to see that the NHL seem to be coming down hard on these dirty hits.

5SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Empty Re: SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Well said Rooney.

I, for one, am Glad Alfie is showing some fire and anger. They truly ought to be ashamed of the past 2 games. Now go out there and show everyone, let alone your fans, what you are capable of.

On a side note, do you see Colin Campbell imposing any more discipline besides the 2 games, as the Sun asks?

Me too, thank god Alfie is getting pissed, at least someone is...

Can't see Ruutu getting anything else... Why would they?

6SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Empty Re: SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

2 games!? Diddle you league, Diddle you Laferry, Diddle you Habs. 2 games is ridiculous. Diddle ridiculous. If he had boarded someone and injured them that would be one thing - ridiculous...

7SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Empty Re: SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:16 pm

I think we are seeing more and more that Alfi is the ultimate leader on the team and one of the best in the league. You can be certain Hartsberg and Murray will be asking him during the season and when its over who this team can live without and what the best course of actions is.

Everyone thought MTL was gonna sh** the bed last year, and look what they did getting rid of their number 1 center, their high priced goalie and some spare parts. The Sens are in that kind of position,

8SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Empty Re: SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:23 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Two games sounds fair.

And THATS why he's the Captain!! :king:

9SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Empty Re: SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:34 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Let me ask you all this; how is it that we've been coming out for the past 6 games (before last night) and played like a team, played hard, worked hard all the time and won some games, and lost some in OT or shootout...but then we have these games where we come out and lay an egg? Is it so hard to buy into this system, and keep up the hard work EVERY SINGLE GAME...even if we don't win...I'd feel much better about it.. How can you be so awesome and so together as a team one day and just totally tank the next? It's one extreme to the next with these guys, and it has to stop now! I don't understand what the big deal is and why it's so hard to just stick to the system. Nobody has been moved from any line for the past 6 games and it was working well for us...I don't understand it at all...it makes no sense to me..

10SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Empty Re: SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:38 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I don't know if anyone posted this yet, but Auld is getting the start tomorrow.

This is a good move.

Auld should've been pulled last night after the 2nd goal and gerber should've been in.

11SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Empty Re: SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:39 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I'm just hoping they piece it together, whatever is wrong, and can play with consistency down the stretch. (or at least, before it's too late)

12SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Empty Re: SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:39 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:I don't know if anyone posted this yet, but Auld is getting the start tomorrow.

This is a good move.

Auld should've been pulled last night after the 2nd goal and gerber should've been in.

Thank god... I'm going to the game tomorrow... It would have been an absolute waste of money if Gerber was in nets...

13SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Empty Re: SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:44 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

mattshock wrote:I'm just hoping they piece it together, whatever is wrong, and can play with consistency down the stretch. (or at least, before it's too late)

Consistency before the 20 game mark would be great. only 5 games to get there...they better all be AWESOME hard working games...or there will be hell to pay.

14SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Empty Re: SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:47 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I don't know if anyone posted this yet, but Auld is getting the start tomorrow.

This is a good move.

While I understand where you're coming from Stargate, there was the risk that with Gerbs in, the score could have easily been EVEN more embarassing, like 6-0, or worse.

However, I think going with Auld for the next one and maybe putting Gerbs for the 2nd one makes sense; although Hartsburg has some SERIOUS whip-cracking to do... and like Stewie, I put extra emphasis on the whhhip.
With Alfie pissed, I'm hoping EVERYONE comes out hard for the next 20-25 games, not just the two games against another struggling team.

15SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Empty Re: SUN UPDATE - MUST READ Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:48 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Meanwhile, Daniel Alfredsson brought practice to a halt when he swung his stick at the glass following a drill and shattered it. Alfredsson said he was just a little frustrated and didn't mean to cause the damage.

This is a little funny, I had to put it here. From the Citizen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum