GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TSN reporting Brodeur out

+12
Acrobat
Phoenix30
Sens4thecup
Number Twenty Nine
PKC
beedub
wprager
Cronie
mattshock
shabbs
PTFlea
smash88
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 5 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:59 pm

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Auld was solid again tonight. I remember LOTS of times I was thinking "there's no way Gerber would stop that".

62TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 5 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:23 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nitty looked like Gerber tonight.

63TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 5 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:29 pm

mattshock wrote:Auld was solid again tonight. I remember LOTS of times I was thinking "there's no way Gerber would stop that".
like that one dump that bounced off the boards... gerbage woulda found someway to let that in

64TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 5 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:59 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Like I've said before, if we could get rid of Gerber for a conditional 9th round pick, I'd be laughing.

There are only 7 rounds to a draft, but I hear what you're saying.

This talk of trading Gerber anywhere for *anything* of value is absolutely out there, though. No one wants him, and certainly not one's going to give up anything of value. If he's moved, it would probably cost *us* a draft pick and/or taking on a bad contract in return, as with the McCabe deal.

Realistically, the only way we get that guy off our bench is put him on waivers and then assign him to the AHL, which would bring his salary off the cap (but we'd have to keep paying him his full NHL salary). That's a pretty desperate last resort, tho', and it's not one we're likely to make. The only scenario that makes sense in is if we have to clear lots of cap space quickly to make room for, say, a Sundin. And that's a long shot at best, too.

65TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 5 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:19 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

When was it that the draft went from 9 to 7?

66TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 5 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:24 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

smash88 wrote:When was it that the draft went from 9 to 7?

Pre-1994 = 11 rounds
1995-2004 = 9 rounds
2005-present = 7 rounds

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum