GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TSN reporting Brodeur out

+12
Acrobat
Phoenix30
Sens4thecup
Number Twenty Nine
PKC
beedub
wprager
Cronie
mattshock
shabbs
PTFlea
smash88
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:25 pm

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:So, with DiPietro and Brodeur out for a while... has the goalie market suddenly heated up? Khabby, Roloson...

Maybe Gerber's value will go up from zero?

Sigh...

Here's hoping that he gets back in and starts to play lights out.

32TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:00 am

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Phoenix30 wrote:
shabbs wrote:So, with DiPietro and Brodeur out for a while... has the goalie market suddenly heated up? Khabby, Roloson...

Maybe Gerber's value will go up from zero?

Sigh...

Here's hoping that he gets back in and starts to play lights out.

I'm not hoping for that.

33TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:46 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

the first part is ok as long as it comes with the second.

first without second is no good.
second doesn't happen without first.

clear?

34TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:50 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Maybe Gerber's value will go up to zero?

Fixed.

35TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Maybe Gerber's value will go up to zero?

Fixed.

Hahahahhaah. Sad True though. Don't tell me Colorado wouldn't benefit from Gerber, it can't get worse.

36TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Actually, beware of the Caps. Do NOT trade Gerber to Washington, let them stew in the Dung stew they created with the Theodore signing. Johnson is Supernerd against us, but in reality, he's very average.

37TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:02 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

A lot of teams tend to do that. It seems like backups always play the game of their lives when they play the Sens.

But I can't agree with your first point. I'd trade Gerbs to anyone, Caps included.

38TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:12 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

yes, send Gerber to anywhere that will take him on. Please!

39TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:13 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here's a question. Has any team Ottawa's faced, played there number 1 goalie other than Toronto?

- Unknown Author

40TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:20 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Here's a question. Has any team Ottawa's faced, played there number 1 goalie other than Toronto?

I think Fleury played in Sweden didn't he? Did Osgoode play versus us in the home opener?

I get what you are saying though, we are seeing our fair share of backups... Can't say that i really mind it though... If you want to keep doing that, your playing with fire...

41TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:35 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

We played Vokoun once and Anderson once. (Anderson played better)

42TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:06 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Weekes got a win for the Devils last night. This is a great chance for him to step up and show that he can be the man. He's not had many opportunities over the last while.

43TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:09 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, he's been behind Lundqvist and Brodeur if memory serves.

44TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:58 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mattshock wrote:Yeah, he's been behind Lundqvist and Brodeur if memory serves.
Yeah... you don't step in too often with those guys. He hasn't played over 50 games in a season since his Carolina days. He did get 32 games with the Rangers in his first season with them.

45TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:33 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You know what I find funny is that even though Gerbs is a UFA in July, why aren't ANY of the pundits out there suggesting him as a stop-gap for the Devils? They are talking about Roloson, Fernandez, Khabi and even Backstrom, but no one seems to be throwing Gerber's name into that mix, which is odd considering it's almost painfully obvious Auld has outworked and outshone him in nets...

What am I missing? Is Gerber truly that untradeable?

46TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:37 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:You know what I find funny is that even though Gerbs is a UFA in July, why aren't ANY of the pundits out there suggesting him as a stop-gap for the Devils? They are talking about Roloson, Fernandez, Khabi and even Backstrom, but no one seems to be throwing Gerber's name into that mix, which is odd considering it's almost painfully obvious Auld has outworked and outshone him in nets...

I think he is... especially with those other names around... What team would go for Gerber when they can get any one of the other 4?

47TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:44 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:You know what I find funny is that even though Gerbs is a UFA in July, why aren't ANY of the pundits out there suggesting him as a stop-gap for the Devils? They are talking about Roloson, Fernandez, Khabi and even Backstrom, but no one seems to be throwing Gerber's name into that mix, which is odd considering it's almost painfully obvious Auld has outworked and outshone him in nets...

I think he is... especially with those other names around... What team would go for Gerber when they can get any one of the other 4?

Depending on what the Devils are willing to spend, Gerber should definitely be on their radar (at the very least as a contingency plan).

NJ has shown they are willing to spend to the cap and eat capspace in the minors before, so if Brodeur is placed on the LTIR, they would have the capspace to go after any of those guys ('Bulin included).

Gerbs could be had for a song (5th rounder anyone?), and I'm sure they know that, but he's definitely not the most appealing option available.

48TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 3 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:46 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:
smash88 wrote:

Depending on what the Devils are willing to spend, Gerber should definitely be on their radar (at the very least as a contingency plan).

NJ has shown they are willing to spend to the cap and eat capspace in the minors before, so if Brodeur is placed on the LTIR, they would have the capspace to go after any of those guys ('Bulin included).

Gerbs could be had for a song (5th rounder anyone?), and I'm sure they know that, but he's definitely not the most appealing option available.

In all honesty though... I think the Devils would rather go with Weekes than with Gerber.. and really I would not blame them at all... I don't think it would go over well with the NJ players either..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum