GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TSN reporting Brodeur out

+12
Acrobat
Phoenix30
Sens4thecup
Number Twenty Nine
PKC
beedub
wprager
Cronie
mattshock
shabbs
PTFlea
smash88
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

46TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 4 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:37 am

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:You know what I find funny is that even though Gerbs is a UFA in July, why aren't ANY of the pundits out there suggesting him as a stop-gap for the Devils? They are talking about Roloson, Fernandez, Khabi and even Backstrom, but no one seems to be throwing Gerber's name into that mix, which is odd considering it's almost painfully obvious Auld has outworked and outshone him in nets...

What am I missing? Is Gerber truly that untradeable?

I think he is... especially with those other names around... What team would go for Gerber when they can get any one of the other 4?

47TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 4 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:44 am

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:You know what I find funny is that even though Gerbs is a UFA in July, why aren't ANY of the pundits out there suggesting him as a stop-gap for the Devils? They are talking about Roloson, Fernandez, Khabi and even Backstrom, but no one seems to be throwing Gerber's name into that mix, which is odd considering it's almost painfully obvious Auld has outworked and outshone him in nets...

I think he is... especially with those other names around... What team would go for Gerber when they can get any one of the other 4?

Depending on what the Devils are willing to spend, Gerber should definitely be on their radar (at the very least as a contingency plan).

NJ has shown they are willing to spend to the cap and eat capspace in the minors before, so if Brodeur is placed on the LTIR, they would have the capspace to go after any of those guys ('Bulin included).

Gerbs could be had for a song (5th rounder anyone?), and I'm sure they know that, but he's definitely not the most appealing option available.

48TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 4 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:46 am

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:
smash88 wrote:

Depending on what the Devils are willing to spend, Gerber should definitely be on their radar (at the very least as a contingency plan).

NJ has shown they are willing to spend to the cap and eat capspace in the minors before, so if Brodeur is placed on the LTIR, they would have the capspace to go after any of those guys ('Bulin included).

Gerbs could be had for a song (5th rounder anyone?), and I'm sure they know that, but he's definitely not the most appealing option available.

In all honesty though... I think the Devils would rather go with Weekes than with Gerber.. and really I would not blame them at all... I don't think it would go over well with the NJ players either..

49TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 4 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:49 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronenbergfan wrote:What am I missing? Is Gerber truly that untradeable?
Or is it that they feel Weekes is better than Gerber and that New Jersey can survive this if they bring in a D-man? I wonder if Brodeur will be back sooner than expected and that they'll just ride this out with their current goalies.

50TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 4 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:49 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

well, then as Heater and I and others have said before, perhaps the most logical and best-case scenario to move gerbs is to send him to the Avs, because I don't think he could be ANY worse than what they currently have.

51TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 4 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:50 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:What am I missing? Is Gerber truly that untradeable?
Or is it that they feel Weekes is better than Gerber and that New Jersey can survive this if they bring in a D-man? I wonder if Brodeur will be back sooner than expected and that they'll just ride this out with their current goalies.

Well, I love a good conspiracy theory, and the fact is, this wouldn't be the FIRST time a team either deliberately or otherwise misled the media and such about the duration or severity of an injury.

52TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 4 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:54 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd be SHOCKED if they didn't try to ride Weekes and Clemmensson first.

Any trade they make will be because those two are putting their season in jeopardy.

As for Gerbs to the Avs, they have the capspace and a tonne of RFA/UFA guys this year. Maybe they're willing to unload one?

53TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 4 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:04 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Devils won't make any moves until they see how things go. And yeah, this could be a clear case of mis-direction. Lou is the king of keeping a lid on things so if anyone's talking... it's not coming from Lou.

Gerber's gonna have to get his stock price back up if we want him to be a part of any trade

54TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 4 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:23 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Even when he was playing well last year his trade value was zilch. I don't think he'll be able to bring it up.

55TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 4 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:31 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mattshock wrote:Even when he was playing well last year his trade value was zilch. I don't think he'll be able to bring it up.
Murray needs to catch a team at a weak moment... like the Avs.

Wink

HA HA!

56TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 4 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:25 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

A good buddy of mine is an Avs fan. He's scared Dung-less that they might pick up Gerbs.

57TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 4 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:39 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I bet he'd be good for them

58TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 4 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:43 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:I bet he'd be good for them

Yeah, if they don't play 3rd periods... :D

59TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 4 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:45 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:I bet he'd be good for them

Yeah, if they don't play 3rd periods... :D

:lol!:

60TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 4 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:17 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Like I've said before, if we could get rid of Gerber for a conditional 9th round pick, I'd be laughing.

61TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 4 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:59 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Auld was solid again tonight. I remember LOTS of times I was thinking "there's no way Gerber would stop that".

62TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 4 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:23 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nitty looked like Gerber tonight.

63TSN reporting Brodeur out - Page 4 Empty Re: TSN reporting Brodeur out Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:29 pm

mattshock wrote:Auld was solid again tonight. I remember LOTS of times I was thinking "there's no way Gerber would stop that".
like that one dump that bounced off the boards... gerbage woulda found someway to let that in

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum