GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breaking Sens news... we suck!

+12
rooneypoo
Hayden
Cap'n Clutch
smash88
mattshock
Acrobat
Number Twenty Nine
Aetherial
wprager
Snuh
LethalLehner
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

46Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 4 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:16 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:well, according to Sportsnet.ca, Hartsburg has NO immediate plans to put the big three together again...

Hartsburg is looking more and more like he has no clue what he is doing.... How many line combo's is he really going to try...
I think he's trying to avoid the knee-jerk reaction to put 'em back together when things are not working out. These guys need to learn to play, and score, apart from each other.

47Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 4 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:26 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

smash88 wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:well, according to Sportsnet.ca, Hartsburg has NO immediate plans to put the big three together again...

Hartsburg is looking more and more like he has no clue what he is doing.... How many line combo's is he really going to try...

What I do appreciate about Hartsburg over Paddock is that he actually TRIED these lines for more than 1 game, he's really given them plenty of time to find that chemistry. Thing is, it's not working. He's going to have to put the top line back together until we find a good 2nd liner (who can score) to replace Vermette. It's really the only option we have at this point. Am I wrong to think this?

48Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 4 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:35 pm

beerandsens

Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:
I think he's trying to avoid the knee-jerk reaction to put 'em back together when things are not working out. These guys need to learn to play, and score, apart from each other.

Yes they do. The tricky part is when do you stop teaching lessons and start going for a win? I think with the big three on the top line for a few games they would be bound to produce, but the powerplay unit had them out there and not looking great yesterday...

49Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 4 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:46 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

beerandsens wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Yes they do. The tricky part is when do you stop teaching lessons and start going for a win? I think with the big three on the top line for a few games they would be bound to produce, but the powerplay unit had them out there and not looking great yesterday...
Well, I think the time of year has quite the impact on those decisions. If this was the tail end of the season and we were fighting just to get in to the playoffs, then yeah, put 'em together, and start to get the points.

But, I suspect that this being "early" in the season, he's giving it a bit more leeway to see if it can work. This is something Paddock never did and he jumped around way too much.

50Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 4 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:48 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Nothing has looked good lately.

Let's hope we've reached the low point of the season :D

51Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 4 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:26 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Wise wise words my friend. Wise words.

I will now put the panic button back in the lower drawer and wait...

Wink

Oh sweet lord, thank you thank you thank you.

I just got home and I'm reading all over the place, "fire Bryan Murray, he's ruined the team," "ship out Spezza for pucks," "Spezza sucks," "Vermette, Kelly, etc. are useless."

Way too much motherfucking panic around here. Everybody needs to sit back and have a beer. Smile

52Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 4 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:29 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

smash88 wrote:

Hartsburg is a great coach. Three world junior golds testify to that. Give the man some time -- 40 games minimum.

Please, people, come down. We're going to look like that donkey show out in Tampa if our management starts making panicky, knee-jerk reactions to every rough patch in the season.

53Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 4 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:04 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Hayden wrote:What was the Sens record after 16 games when we went to the finals? I know everyone was calling for Alfie's and Murray's heads then.

If I'm not mistaken, it was 6-8-2 -- exactly where we are today.

I'm not saying that a turnaround is imminent and history will repeat itself, but that experience at least ought to teach us that we shouldn't be in a hurry to blow everything up.

Wink

Never mind the Panic button but do you think you could stop by Staples/Business Depot and buy one of them "Easy Button"?

54Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 4 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:07 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Wink

Oh sweet lord, thank you thank you thank you.

I just got home and I'm reading all over the place, "fire Bryan Murray, he's ruined the team," "ship out Spezza for pucks," "Spezza sucks," "Vermette, Kelly, etc. are useless."

Way too much motherfucking panic around here. Everybody needs to sit back and have a beer. Smile

Is it ok to have more than 1 ? :bounce:

55Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 4 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:22 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I will be having many tonight. Beers that is.

56Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 4 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:00 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
smash88 wrote:

Hartsburg is a great coach. Three world junior golds testify to that. Give the man some time -- 40 games minimum.

Please, people, come down. We're going to look like that donkey show out in Tampa if our management starts making panicky, knee-jerk reactions to every rough patch in the season.

I Honestly think its time for the senators to take a different approach in terms of coaching than the rest of the NHL. I think that we should make Hartsburg the franchise. More precisely, in other sports certain coaches are mainstays on their teams and players are signed and drafted in to play in their system (i.e. Popovich in San Antonio, Jerry Sloan in Utah, and Phil Jackson in L.A). I think switching coaches is absolutely the wrong thing to do and i think that Harstburg should stay while everyone whos not buying in leave. I really is the only way of instilling a winning mentally that lasts more than one season (see Bowman in Detroit).

Obviously the counterargument is that you need to find that high profile great amazing coach. However im not sure whether or not these guys are superior than others or whether their players are so used to the system that it is second nature to them so they dont need to think. Whats more, because the players are so ingrained in the system, this gives the coach time to pratise other facets of the game whereas other coaches are spending their time practising their actual system.....

Just my 2 cents..

57Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 4 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:25 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

This makes a ton of sense.

In fact, take it a step further, and teach the exact same system on the farm (win or lose). Then, when the kids are called up, they "plug and play".

The important thing here, though, is that the owner has to have patience, the GM has to have a clear vision that is communicated to owner and coach, and the fans have to have patience.

Surprisingly (or not), I believe that we are a lot closer to this type of system than people realize (except for the fan patience part).

58Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 4 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:33 pm

Acrobat wrote:This makes a ton of sense.

In fact, take it a step further, and teach the exact same system on the farm (win or lose). Then, when the kids are called up, they "plug and play".

The important thing here, though, is that the owner has to have patience, the GM has to have a clear vision that is communicated to owner and coach, and the fans have to have patience.

Surprisingly (or not), I believe that we are a lot closer to this type of system than people realize (except for the fan patience part).

That's basically what New Jersey did during their glory years with their farm system. I have faith in Hartsburg, but I think he still has some work ahead of him getting the team to buy into what he is selling. They still lost lost.

59Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 4 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:56 am

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:
smash88 wrote:

Uh, that rough patch is now more than a year old. It is more than just a patch at this point.

I have to believe though that the Sens have most of what is needed to turn it around. I don't think they will go so far as to contend for the cup (not enough offense, or defense from the D, average goaltending)... I do think though that this team will end up being much better than they look right now.

but the rough patch, is more than just a patch.

60Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 4 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:18 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

It's a rough frickin 100 miles.

61Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 4 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:22 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

We are now at the bottom of the Eastern Conference and 2nd last in the league.

Wheeee...

62Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 4 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:25 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lets go Hedman! Lets go Hedman! LOL

- Unknown Author

63Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 4 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:37 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How low can we go?!?!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum