GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breaking Sens news... we suck!

+12
rooneypoo
Hayden
Cap'n Clutch
smash88
mattshock
Acrobat
Number Twenty Nine
Aetherial
wprager
Snuh
LethalLehner
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:40 am

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

At this point, I'm not sure I can comfortably say that even Florida or Tampa are "low-pressure" games.

Somebody else had mentioned it, and I would have to agree - we are becoming the team that others feel comfortable putting in their backup for. That's not good.

17Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:07 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Acrobat wrote:At this point, I'm not sure I can comfortably say that even Florida or Tampa are "low-pressure" games.

Somebody else had mentioned it, and I would have to agree - we are becoming the team that others feel comfortable putting in their backup for. That's not good.
When nothing's working... every game is a "pressure" game. Guys try too hard to fix things... grip their sticks too tightly... they'll have to learn to relax, get back to basics and play sound, safe hockey - even if it's boring as sin. Hell, let's start trapping like there's no tomorrow just to slow other teams down. I don't care.

18Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:13 am

Snuh

Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:
Acrobat wrote:At this point, I'm not sure I can comfortably say that even Florida or Tampa are "low-pressure" games.

When nothing's working... every game is a "pressure" game. Guys try too hard to fix things... grip their sticks too tightly... they'll have to learn to relax, get back to basics and play sound, safe hockey - even if it's boring as sin. Hell, let's start trapping like there's no tomorrow just to slow other teams down. I don't care.

Hey, it worked when Jaques was running the show. I say do what you gotta do to win. A sound trapping defensive system will help our goalies out a lot!

19Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:18 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Can you blame them? Our secondary scoring is the worst it's been in years, and even our primary scoring isn't showing up.

Our fourth line was our most offensively productive against the leafs, and they aren't exactly going to strike fear into the hearts of goaltenders around the league.

This team has the pieces in place, so it's frustrating to see them underachieving, but I'm off the "lets give it time, wait, and see what happens" philosophy.

Plus, I'm a lot more comfortable with Gerbs' out of the lineup.

20Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:23 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:

Can you blame them? Our secondary scoring is the worst it's been in years, and even our primary scoring isn't showing up.

Our fourth line was our most offensively productive against the leafs, and they aren't exactly going to strike fear into the hearts of goaltenders around the league.

This team has the pieces in place, so it's frustrating to see them underachieving, but I'm off the "lets give it time, wait, and see what happens" philosophy.

Plus, I'm a lot more comfortable with Gerbs' out of the lineup.

Any word on that injury? Do I need to hit him again? LOL

seriously, Does anyone know the extent of the injury?

21Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:24 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Snuh wrote:Hey, it worked when Jaques was running the show. I say do what you gotta do to win. A sound trapping defensive system will help our goalies out a lot!
HA! Well, maybe we'll see Hartsy put in a mini-trap type system just to stop the bleeding and help the guys transition to his system. At this point, I say whatever it takes.

22Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:27 am

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:
Snuh wrote:Hey, it worked when Jaques was running the show. I say do what you gotta do to win. A sound trapping defensive system will help our goalies out a lot!
HA! Well, maybe we'll see Hartsy put in a mini-trap type system just to stop the bleeding and help the guys transition to his system. At this point, I say whatever it takes.

Looks like Hartsburg is thinking along the same lines. Just hope he can get the guys to buy into it.

http://senators.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=388818

23Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:33 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

An intersting read. Thanks!

24Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:32 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This breaking news applies again...

Meh.

25Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:40 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well put Shabbs.

- Unknown Author

26Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:56 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Well put Shabbs.
Sadly...

27Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:25 pm

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

What was the Sens record after 16 games when we went to the finals? I know everyone was calling for Alfie's and Murray's heads then.

28Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:29 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Hayden wrote:What was the Sens record after 16 games when we went to the finals? I know everyone was calling for Alfie's and Murray's heads then.

If I'm not mistaken, it was 6-8-2 -- exactly where we are today.

I'm not saying that a turnaround is imminent and history will repeat itself, but that experience at least ought to teach us that we shouldn't be in a hurry to blow everything up.

29Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:30 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Perhaps we need injuries to Spezza, Fisher and Vermette Wink

- Unknown Author

30Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:31 pm

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks sir - exactly what I was hoping to see and make everyone aware of.

Sens fans need to learn to be a little more loyal.

31Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:35 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm just concerned with the seemingly disjointed effort. I haven't given up hope.

- Unknown Author

32Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:37 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I'm not on the Fire Murray wagon just yet.

33Breaking Sens news... we suck! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Sens news... we suck! Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:37 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Snuh wrote:
spezza rules! wrote:I am sure he does but even he was looking disgusted last night. Injecting some youth might be a good idea. I am already liking what Winchester and Foligno are bringing to the team. I think Hartsburg should put Elliott in net against the Sabres. I like watching that kid play.

Why not play Elliot while he's here? What could it hurt. I'll be pissed if he doesn't start 1 game while he's here. How else can he gain experience? If he does play and does well, like really well (better than Gerber and Auld), they gotta keep him up here! I'm very eager to see how he plays and how management deal with it.

When did Elliott get called up? Is Gerber hurt?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum