GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Tierney to Florida. 

Panthers and Leafs scooping up all our trash

Add del zotto to the list lol

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

Geeze. These are guys who couldn't crack on of the worst rosters in the league

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

They’re two way deals

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

They’re two way deals

Tierney is still making a mint in the AHL.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Is it just me or the flames are idiots to take Tkachuk to arb?

I mean, it would have been best for them to hope he signs a long term offer sheet so they can match it.

Now the worst case scenario is that he gets a one year arb and he walks away. If I’m not wrong, after the arb deal they have to wait till January to have him extended (or trade him to be extended)

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Calgary is self imploding. We always look at ottawa as a bad hockey market but teams like Calgary, Philly, etc arr just as bad if not worse.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Is it just me or the flames are idiots to take Tkachuk to arb?

I mean, it would have been best for them to hope he signs a long term offer sheet so they can match it.

Now the worst case scenario is that he gets a one year arb and he walks away. If I’m not wrong, after the arb deal they have to wait till January to have him extended (or trade him to be extended)

He would have gotten a one year offer sheet so it’s moot

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Is it just me or the flames are idiots to take Tkachuk to arb?

He would have gotten a one year offer sheet so it’s moot

They should probably offer him the Gaudreau contract but I suspect Tkachuk will be walking

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Philly (Chuck Fletcher):
- Dumps Gost on Arizona for a bunch of picks
- Trades a bunch of picks for DeAngelo (was free last year)
- Buys out a cancer survivor with one year left on his deal
- Can't clear space to sign Gaudreau
- Re-signs Ristolainen to a ridiculous contract
- Hires Tortorella

Minnesota (Chuck Fletcher):
- Signs Suter and Parise to ridiculous contracts
- Has a very underwhelming 9 years with Minnesota

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Philly (Chuck Fletcher):
- Hires Tortorella

The cancer survivor point is irrelevant to me. It’s just a business. You don’t have to keep a guy just because he had cancer.

I agree with everything else, except I like Torts.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Philly (Chuck Fletcher):
- Hires Tortorella

The cancer survivor point is irrelevant to me. It’s just a business. You don’t have to keep a guy just because he had cancer.

I agree with everything else, except I like Torts.

Optics. Doesn't look good especially on a team going nowhere

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They certainly milked the story for their benefit last season. I know it's business but they have a reputation of being heartless bastards.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And that's not great for business.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So apparently Tkachuk is to be traded now?

I wonder if Ottawa kicks tires on this one… but who do you trade? They’d have to eat zaitsev. I know the obvious person that would be linked to this trade would be batherson.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There's no way I would want to give up Batherson and his great contract for Tkachuk and his expected cap hit. Their clear top need is a top-4 D and their 2nd biggest concern (especially after getting a D) is to move Zaitsev. Unless they can somehow swap Batherson + Zaitsev (++) for Tkachuk and a top-f D while leaving room for re-signing RFAs and (eventually) extending Stutzle I would steer clear.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I listened to this interview with Tony deangelo and man, he is one of the best interviews I’ve ever heard in the nhl. Guy is clearly intelligent about the game and is a great speaker. Would have loved to grab him.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3dhTHvsJC5q8sqaA0Dr4Bd?si=nG6liWQ7SWmSrdAtqI6MKA

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Apparently the "racial slurs" incident from junior were actually *ethnic* slurs directed at (I didn't see confirmation of this) a team mate of Italian descent. Apparently he still remains friends with that former team mate. It was some fan-site blogger who called it "racial" and it's stuck. It's ironic (to me, at least) if the part about the team mate being of Italian descent is true. While I understand the team/league stepping in and disciplining him for it, if one Italian calls another Italian a "WOP" or something similar is it that much of a big deal? Certainly can't call someone a racist because of that. And as for the K'Andre Miller allegations pretty much every one (GM, other players, Miller's agent) categorically denied there was *anything* there at all. DeAngelo is right-leaning and supported Trump (as did nearly half the country) and the rest appears to have been mostly made up by the media.

One of the dads for a kid in a hockey camp DeAngelo runs said "The person I read about and the person I know, they are different people."

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm sure it's all overblown. Hockey's a weird sport. Players are held to a different standard than most other sports. I mean - look at Deshaun Watson. Teams were lining up to trade for a guy who had over 20 sexual assault claims against him.

On this topic, anyone else concerned that Batherson and Formenton have not responded or made themselves available to the hockey canada investigation? I feel like (nothing more than personal opinion) Formenton is smack dab in the middle of this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum