GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Call your shot on Ottawa's Trades (or lack of) up to POST DRAFT

+4
Ev
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 12]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:We needed toughness, pretty much simple as that.  How anyone doesn't understand why Dorion acquired this type of player, I don't get.  Why he paid a 4th, no one can get.

We quite literally could have signed a Josh Brown replica on the free agent market and given up nothing.

There's always a flip side.  Dj wanted him and the Senators wanted this exact player.  We shouldn't  really bemoan that our coach specifically asked for the player and we acquired him.

It's the fact that it's a low impact player for a 4th rounder that grinds my gears personally.

Dorion sucks at trading sometimes and it's scary.

Dorion picks up the phone and calls Zito: "I really want Josh Brown and i'm not paying a penny more than a 5th rounder".
Zito: "no. a 4rth."
Dorion: "ok". (imbecile Dung-eating grin draws itself on his face and hangs up)
Zito: looks around the room to his staff "Did that really just happen?"

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:We needed toughness, pretty much simple as that.  How anyone doesn't understand why Dorion acquired this type of player, I don't get.  Why he paid a 4th, no one can get.

We quite literally could have signed a Josh Brown replica on the free agent market and given up nothing.

There's always a flip side.  Dj wanted him and the Senators wanted this exact player.  We shouldn't  really bemoan that our coach specifically asked for the player and we acquired him.

It's the fact that it's a low impact player for a 4th rounder that grinds my gears personally.

Dorion picks up the phone and calls Zito: "I really want Josh Brown and i'm not paying a penny more than a 5th rounder".

Pretty much.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I see the Sens D as:

Chabot-XXXX
XXXX-Zaitsev
Brann-Brown
Extra: Wolanin

So Dorion is going to shove a bunch of guys into positions they don't belong in and we will finish close to the bottom of the standings again.

Chabot-Zaitsev
Reilly-Zub
Brann-Brown
Extra: Wolanin

Maybe they're interested in Dumba. I am sure as hell not.
that's what Dorion is thinking.

Interesting. So are you saying we have a very good chance at drafting by default one of the many elite Dmen available in the 2021 draft? Are you saying we won’t need to reach for a lesser Dman in the 2020 draft with the surplus of elite forwards available to us? Interesting strategy Cotton.

I wonder if GM’s look ahead?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Kinda hyperbolic. The value of a 4th is not much different than a last round pick. Not the best trade but whatever.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Pretty much.  

In the shower that night,
Dorion: "Pierre Dorion, master trader..."

Facepalm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He better be careful the next couple of days. This is the definition of a defining moment.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

This is it. Dorion's superbowl

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here's my shot, probably way off.

Raanta, Stepan retained, good prospect for Nilsson plus 28?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Here's my shot, probably way off.

i can't see them getting rid of Raanta when they plan on dealing Kumper.
plus i don't care to get Stepan. he's on the wrong side of 30 and doesn't fit into this org's long term plan.
pass.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Here's my shot, probably way off.

i can't see them getting rid of Raanta when they plan on dealing Kumper.
plus i don't care to get Stepan. he's on the wrong side of 30 and doesn't fit into this org's long term plan.
pass.

That's why you'd be getting a good prospect. 1 year of Stepan + reasonable goalie + good prospect and they get a 1st.*

*We all know Melnyk is too cheap, I know...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Matt Murray to the Sens for a later 2nd and Jon Gruden.

Sure. It'll be interesting to see the contract they give Murray as he's RFA.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, the contract will be interesting, but you would think they would have arranged it...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Poor Matt Murray

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently he might sign a 3 year deal. Would be a good bridge for our young goalies even if he didn't sign afterwards

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Poor Matt Murray

Really? Pretty exciting time for him. Coming to one of the most up and coming teams in the league with a real chance to win another Cup in a couple of years. I wouldn't be too upset if I was him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Apparently he might sign a 3 year deal. Would be a good bridge for our young goalies even if he didn't sign afterwards

Oh, that would be even better!

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Any idea if this Jarventie guy is any good? Seems off the board given the talent that's still there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum