GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Breaking Rumours!! » Draft day speculation » Place your 2020 mock here

Place your 2020 mock here

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 20]

256Place your 2020 mock here - Page 18 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:16 pm

Lagoon


Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Very good 24 hours for the Sens.  There are still lots of ways to get to the cap floor - that wasn't really an issue that needed to be addressed yesterday or today.

Disagree. There are lots of teams pressed to move players and picks were our best asset. We are also not signing anyone of relevance in free agency.

Tkachuk (ELC) Brown (ELC) Duclair (RFA)
Stutzle (ELC) Tierney(RFA) Batherson (ELC)
C.Brown(RFA) Norris (ELC) White
Paul(RFA)-Anisimov-Balcers (RFA)
Extra: Abramov

Chabot-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Zub (ELC)
Brannstrom (ELC)-Brown
Extra: Reilly

Murray
Nillson
Hogberg

How do we get to the cap floor?

It's not an issue at all. They can trade for cap hits or sign marginal free agents who may have nowhere else to go. Like they overpaid Hainsey last season. Murray is going to be $5-6 himself, along with Duclair, Brown, etc extensions.

Murray 2018, 19 and 20
.908 SV% and hasn’t had a GAA under 2.7 for the last 3 years

Lehner 2018, 19 and 20
.927 SV% and has averaged a 2.4 GAA with his 4 teams for the last 3 years

Lehner - 5 million AAV

Murray, this should be hilarious.

257Place your 2020 mock here - Page 18 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:57 pm

Vandelay


Sophomore
Sophomore
Because lehner was super excited to resign here?
You either think ottawa's prospect pool is deep because gruden was a blue chip even though he's not rated as such on our depth chart
Or
This was a move to bring in an experienced and still young goalie for three years while we wait to see what else we have

258Place your 2020 mock here - Page 18 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:14 pm

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:There is a reason Carolina, LA and NYR have the best prospect pools in the league, are miles ahead of Ottawa in their own rebuilds and have legit stars already on their roster. We are all witnessing how a draft should go with those 3 teams over the last 24 hours.

Man...do you ever stop?

259Place your 2020 mock here - Page 18 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:26 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:There is a reason Carolina, LA and NYR have the best prospect pools in the league, are miles ahead of Ottawa in their own rebuilds and have legit stars already on their roster. We are all witnessing how a draft should go with those 3 teams over the last 24 hours.

Man...do you ever stop?

It wasn't a good draft for Ottawa. Sanderson was the wrong pick and every pick after that was questionable.   Stutzle and Murray were the two positives to come out of the draft

Explain why you trade up to draft Kleven after drafting Sanderson and already have a stockpile at left defense. Explain why you drat an unranked goalie after acquiring Murray and boasting about your goalie depth. Zero logic

260Place your 2020 mock here - Page 18 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:28 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
I sound like a broken record so I will stop but it wasn't a good two days for ottawa

261Place your 2020 mock here - Page 18 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:59 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:There is a reason Carolina, LA and NYR have the best prospect pools in the league, are miles ahead of Ottawa in their own rebuilds and have legit stars already on their roster. We are all witnessing how a draft should go with those 3 teams over the last 24 hours.

Man...do you ever stop?

It wasn't a good draft for Ottawa. Sanderson was the wrong pick and every pick after that was questionable.   Stutzle and Murray were the two positives to come out of the draft

Explain why you trade up to draft Kleven after drafting Sanderson and already have a stockpile at left defense. Explain why you drat an unranked goalie after acquiring Murray and boasting about your goalie depth. Zero logic

Facepalm

262Place your 2020 mock here - Page 18 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:00 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I sound like a broken record so I will stop but it wasn't a good two days for ottawa

Why stop? It is baffling to me the majority of opinion of this tire fire team on here. Even some Leaf fans can admit their team faults, limitations and mistakes.

263Place your 2020 mock here - Page 18 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:02 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Vandelay wrote:Because lehner was super excited to resign here?
You either think ottawa's prospect pool is deep because gruden was a blue chip even though he's not rated as such on our depth chart
Or
This was a move to bring in an experienced and still young goalie for three years while we wait to see what else we have


I wasn’t suggesting Lehner sign here. He’s legit so I knew he wouldn’t. What I was trying to show was Lehner’s recent stats and recent contract vs Murray recent stats and the contract someone suggested we sign him to. That’s it.

264Place your 2020 mock here - Page 18 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:04 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Vandelay wrote:Because lehner was super excited to resign here?
You either think ottawa's prospect pool is deep because gruden was a blue chip even though he's not rated as such on our depth chart
Or
This was a move to bring in an experienced and still young goalie for three years while we wait to see what else we have


I wasn’t suggesting Lehner sign here. He’s legit so I knew he wouldn’t. What I was trying to show was Lehner’s recent stats and recent contract vs Murray recent stats and the contract someone suggested we sign him to. That’s it.

It wasn’t a suggestion. It was a prediction. Murray is expected to get 3 years, $5-6 million. Which is fair.

265Place your 2020 mock here - Page 18 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:04 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:There is a reason Carolina, LA and NYR have the best prospect pools in the league, are miles ahead of Ottawa in their own rebuilds and have legit stars already on their roster. We are all witnessing how a draft should go with those 3 teams over the last 24 hours.

Man...do you ever stop?

Truth hurt? Look around the league. Most people on here admit to watching nothing but Sens which is probably the reason for the blind circle-jerk posts about every move made.

266Place your 2020 mock here - Page 18 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:06 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Vandelay wrote:Because lehner was super excited to resign here?
You either think ottawa's prospect pool is deep because gruden was a blue chip even though he's not rated as such on our depth chart
Or
This was a move to bring in an experienced and still young goalie for three years while we wait to see what else we have


I wasn’t suggesting Lehner sign here. He’s legit so I knew he wouldn’t. What I was trying to show was Lehner’s recent stats and recent contract vs Murray recent stats and the contract someone suggested we sign him to. That’s it.

It wasn’t a suggestion. It was a prediction. Murray is expected to get 3 years, $5-6 million. Which is fair.

I agree. Ottawa will need to pay inferior players to stay. Agreed.

267Place your 2020 mock here - Page 18 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:07 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Vandelay wrote:Because lehner was super excited to resign here?
You either think ottawa's prospect pool is deep because gruden was a blue chip even though he's not rated as such on our depth chart
Or
This was a move to bring in an experienced and still young goalie for three years while we wait to see what else we have


I wasn’t suggesting Lehner sign here. He’s legit so I knew he wouldn’t. What I was trying to show was Lehner’s recent stats and recent contract vs Murray recent stats and the contract someone suggested we sign him to. That’s it.

It wasn’t a suggestion. It was a prediction. Murray is expected to get 3 years, $5-6 million. Which is fair.

I agree. Ottawa will need to pay inferior players to stay. Agreed.

I’m not taking the bait. Have a good night

268Place your 2020 mock here - Page 18 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:21 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Truth bait. Only way around it is to ignore it. Good call.

269Place your 2020 mock here - Page 18 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:40 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:There is a reason Carolina, LA and NYR have the best prospect pools in the league, are miles ahead of Ottawa in their own rebuilds and have legit stars already on their roster. We are all witnessing how a draft should go with those 3 teams over the last 24 hours.

Man...do you ever stop?

It wasn't a good draft for Ottawa. Sanderson was the wrong pick and every pick after that was questionable.   Stutzle and Murray were the two positives to come out of the draft

Explain why you trade up to draft Kleven after drafting Sanderson and already have a stockpile at left defense. Explain why you drat an unranked goalie after acquiring Murray and boasting about your goalie depth. Zero logic

i'm failing to see the positives about the Kleven move. this draft has left me very puzzled. usually, ottawa seems to make most of the right draft moves so we will wait and see.
but this is more of a head-scratcher than usual.

270Place your 2020 mock here - Page 18 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:14 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:There is a reason Carolina, LA and NYR have the best prospect pools in the league, are miles ahead of Ottawa in their own rebuilds and have legit stars already on their roster. We are all witnessing how a draft should go with those 3 teams over the last 24 hours.

Man...do you ever stop?

Truth hurt? Look around the league. Most people on here admit to watching nothing but Sens which is probably the reason for the blind circle-jerk posts about every move made.

Simply put, the Ottawa scouts know more than you do.

271Place your 2020 mock here - Page 18 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:51 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:There is a reason Carolina, LA and NYR have the best prospect pools in the league, are miles ahead of Ottawa in their own rebuilds and have legit stars already on their roster. We are all witnessing how a draft should go with those 3 teams over the last 24 hours.

Man...do you ever stop?

Truth hurt? Look around the league. Most people on here admit to watching nothing but Sens which is probably the reason for the blind circle-jerk posts about every move made.

Simply put, the Ottawa scouts know more than you do.

Do they? I know lots of people who disagree and I know lots of people that also know more than Ottawa scouts as well. To pretend that Ottawa scouts are beyond reproach is a hilariously ignorant opinion. The word is out that this was a immensely failed draft for a team that could easily have hit a grand slam with just the most lazy swing and with only 2 runners on base.

The Sens draft was a putrid blend over of overthinking the obvious and dismissing the obscure.

272Place your 2020 mock here - Page 18 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:12 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea, would you be able to show me someone or something that isn’t affiliated with the Sens and that said the Sens had a good draft? You’ve already said you don’t do your own scouting which is fine, so I’d like to know the opinion you’ve used to say the Sens had a good draft. We aren’t talking about the Sens taking good players because they are all good players, I’d like to see who or what says the Sens had a good draft considering all their picks as a totality.

273Place your 2020 mock here - Page 18 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:50 am

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
I know Sportsnet and a few others were high on Sanderson (there's a reason Burke is an analyst and not a GM), but the majority of reports and rankings I saw had him going 10-15. Craig Button, whose ranking are a combination of scouts he's talked to, had Sanderson at 11.

And why oh why did we trade up to get Kleven? Our LHD depth: Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, Sanderson, Lajoie, Tychonik and now Kleven is in the mix?

I'm upset about four picks: Sanderson, Roby, Kleven, and that unranked finnish goalie. Maybe this Roby guy ends up being pretty good, but the other three picks were wasted. I'm actually excited about Greig though I think he has Curtiz Lazar potential. Hopefully he doesn't smile as much and produces instead.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum